“Best Sushi in Edmonton Area, Hands Down”

Sumo Sumo Sushi Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 211 Restaurants in Sherwood Park
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

I have been to Sumo Sumo countless times over the years and I have liked everything I have tried! I have tried almost every roll on the menu, most of the appies and sushi pizza. They have the classic rolls like California (lots of crab meat) and dynamite (big tempura shrimp) and some modern twists like volcano roll (spicy crab with scallops and sweet chili Thai sauce), samurai roll (seafood tempura, mango, avocado). my hands down favourites are the spicy tuna tempura maki (tuna roll, tempura battered and spicy mayo) and Joe's special roll (shrimp tempura, smoked salmon, scallop, mango, sweet chili sauce - pictured). All the fish is super fresh.

The sushi pizza is something different and is really good! It's a fried rice patty, topped with crab (you can ask for it spicy too!), wrapped in avocado and topped with lettuce with a light dressing. Sounds strange when I type it out but it's really good!

The appetizers are also great! The shrimp tempura are always perfectly cooked, shrimp are big and the batter is light and crispy. The gyoza are flavorful and have a nice crisp on them. The dipping sauce is amazing. The chicken karaage is a lightly fried chicken bites with a ginger sauce, yum! Calamari is lightly battered and not chewy at all.

They do boats and bridges (their play on platters) of assorted sushi too. Great for groups and for sharing, if you want to try a bunch of different types.

Service is always fast and servers are friendly. They also do take out so I often stop here just to grab a roll to go. Dynamite with a side of spicy mayo. Order the side mayo, you will thank me!

If you don't live in the park, take the drive out here, the sushi is worth it!

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Went here for a solo lunch.
The restaurant itself is beautiful and the patio they have is even nicer - I loved the smell of wood when you walk outside onto the patio.
The food is absolutely delightful. The portions are larger than the average Sushi restaurants I've been to in the past. The menu offers a choice to choose 4pcs or 8pcs... I thought to myself why would anyone want just 4pcs?! Well once I received my meal, realized the portions were quite generous, and at that point wishes I'd taken only 4pcs (considering I also ordered a sushi pizza).
Great place. Great fresh food!!
Was not disappointed :)

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

We went there this week for a birthday dinner. The food was delicious. Staff was friendly and attentive. We sat on the enclosed deck and it was very comfortable. Only complaint was one of our appetizers came after our main course was delivered.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Great food, service, prices. Excellent menu selection. My friends love their sushi. I love their bubble tea and chicken teriyaki. Reasonably priced.

1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Sumo Sumo is one of our favorite places to eat in Sherwood Park! We've been ordering from here for years and the food is excellent! Our family loves the gyozas and teriyaki chicken rolls. We also love stopping in for bubble tea once in awhile.