“This restaurant is about quality food and service.”

Ruamit Thai Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 203 Restaurants in Sherwood Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I'm a regular and loyal customer. I've been coming here for 5 years now and the quality has always been steady. I've also eaten at many Thai-restaurant and prefer to support local restaurants. Price wise, this establishment is feasible compared to other Thai restaurants. This restaurant is authentic and has a warm and family like atmosphere, which keeps me coming back.

5  Thank Faulkner1

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I ordered take out, and when I was looking at the prices I figured that $15 per dish is a little pricey but I wouldn't mind if we got a generous serving. We ordered 3 dishes, the appetizer platter and rice and the bill came to $75. When I got home and saw the portions we thought they messed up. The tinfoil trays were barely half full, rice is extra (other thai places I've eaten at include at least one serving of rice), and although on the menu it states how many items you get in the platter, they should charge $12 tops for it. My husband and I each had one serving (about half a palmful of each dish and a cup of rice) and the food is almost gone. There's enough for either second helpings of a little bit each or one person to have full leftovers. When I called the restaurant to ask if the portions were normally that small or if I got gipped, the girl wasn't helpful at all and wouldn't pass me along to the owner/manager. The food is good, but the reason I rated it so low was because of the price. I will never go back or recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Over the years our family has come to view the Ruamit Thai as our favorite restaurant in Sherwood Park. As we had not been to the restaurant for a while I was dismayed that they had started to receive poor reviews. As a result I was somewhat reluctant to go there again. My son, whose birthday we were celebrating, had the final word and insisted that we go back. I was pleasantly surprised. We were treated like royalty. The food was as good as ever. The generous size of the desert ordered by my daughter was enough for the 5 of us to each enjoy a sample.

1  Thank docksmith
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Have visited 3 times, first time was good, second time was mediocre, and last time was not good. The food was greasy, and very overpriced for what you get. Service was slow even though there were only 2 tables in the restaurant.

Reviewed December 30, 2010

This is a great restaurant overall. The service is quick and friendly. The decor and music was authentic which we appreciate when going to a Thai restaurant. The food was delicious, I had the cashew chicken and coconut rice, both were great. The only criticism I have are in regards to the salad roles, they are still quite good but my all time favorite salad roles are from LANs asian grill in edmonton. This restaurant is quite small so making reservations is a good idea.

1  Thank Albertantraveller