“OMG this is Fooood!”
Review of Matsuya Japanese House - CLOSED

Matsuya Japanese House
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed February 9, 2012

outside you think, really? and even when you go in you think you are in someones house from the late seventies but just take a seat and within minutes you will know you have just stumbled upon a jewel in the park. Staff friendly, efficient with service. The food is to die for. Freshly prepared sushi with big portions, green tea galore and really really tasty food. You must try this place

1  Thank CanadaScot

Reviewed January 28, 2012

The atmosphere is dated and it's in a hole-in-the-wall location but the food (and treating customers like gold) is definitely the focus. I have frequented Matsuya for years for sit-down or take-out sushi. I have taken EVERYONE I know there. The portions of seafood are generous, SO well-prepared, and the service is faster than you can imagine. I call it our "fast food" place when we don't feel like cooking or have much time to linger. The Oiler maki is a must (order two...you won't be sorry if you have to take leftovers home)!

1  Thank CravingAdventure
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love this place! I just started going here and I have returned many times. On the pricey side but I don't mind paying for it because the fish is very fresh. Way better than Sumo sumo. Treat yourself and go at least once, you will go back.

1  Thank Ilovefoodtoo
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I have been going here for many years. I've tried sushi in many different cities and countries. Always find the food here fresh, consistent, and great value( particularly lunch). Anybody looking for sushi that asks gets my recommendation for this place. Decor is a little scruffy and out of date. Small negative given the superb sushi.

Reviewed April 17, 2010

Most of the reviews are very true, large portions, and fresh, but this is not typical sushi. Has a ridiculous amount of rice with the rolls. The flavours are completely lost due to the over abundance of rice. While we did very much enjoy the sashimi, that is not going to save this restaurant for us. The cost was a little high for what we got as well - unless they are going by weight..... I would not waste your time with this place, head into the city to Mikado or Kobe - (I would even eat Tokyo Sushi over this place)