“Amazing is an understatment,”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My name is Samantha Lane and im a student from TRANSCOM FLEET SERVICES and im staying in this hotel . The house keeping staff is amazing so friendly! A lady named RONA cleaned my room on Feb.17th 2014 and left me a little letter telling me she took pride in cleaning my room. As many hotels as I stayed in I have never gotten anything like this in my life . RONA i want to thank you for cleaning my room and taking the time to leave me a little note.
also the lady at the front desk named Lindsay is the nicest front desk lady i have ever met.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!! for making me feel like I was home!
DEFFENTLY be staying again , Even if im in the area i would go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Good Day Ms. Lane:
What a perfect way to start my week. Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive survey. I have posted it in the staff areas as it will definitely make their day to know that what they do is noticed and appreciated.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had to make an unexpected trip to Edmonton and hadn't made reservations anywhere to stay. After checking out another hotel nearby (on tripadvisor) we found this one just up the street. We inquired as to availability, rates etc. and were promptly checked in by the friendly and helpful desk clerk. The room was spacious and clean and we were delighted to see it contained a king-size bed. We had all the required amenities, but I was pleased to note the sign stating that had we forgotten something the hotel would ensure that we would be provided with such things as toothbrush, razor, etc. The bed was comfortable, the temperature easy to control in the room and our stay was very pleasant. In the morning, our all-inclusive continental breakfast was more than we had hoped for. There were cinnamon buns, pancakes, omelets, sausages, yogurt, toast and cereal plus more. We were very happy with the hotel. It's easy to get to, easy to find your way around, and we were made to feel at home. When we checked out the desk attendant was very friendly and interested to find out if our stay had been okay. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Not a fan of this hotel. Some of the front desk staff were rude when trying to make inquires and one would make you stand and wait while she carried on a personal conversation with her friend either standing at the front desk or on her cell. Don't ask for any bottles of water, they make it out to be a serious inconvenience to get you one or they flat out tell you they are out and won't be getting any in until the next order, 4-5 days...REALLY. If at all possible find a different hotel you will be much happier for they don't live up to the standards of a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Mr. Paul R:

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered at our hotel. This is truly not the standard of service that we are known for.
It is absolutely unacceptable to me that any staff member is on their cell phone at work. This will be addressed immediately.
It is also not acceptable that any guest should be made to feel that they are an intrusion at the desk. It is our pleasure to make you very welcome and to do our best to accommodate your requests and requirements.
I know that an apology does not change what occurred but I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you what we traditionally do every day.
Thank you for letting me know what occurred so that we have the opportunity to improve. It is our guests that help us to get better at everything we do.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is close to many of the Edmonton businesses and oilfield support companies. And that's most of the kind of people that stay in the hotel.
There is no restaurant but luckily there is a pretty decent place right nextdoor.
Breakfast is the well-known plastic muffins from plastic plates and plastic knives.
The hotel offers the basics of what you need but not much more.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Good Afternoon Mr. Franz M.
I was very pleased to see that you had a clean, comfortable room and a very good sleep.
I am sorry to hear that you did not like our complimentary hot continental breakfast. Everything that we use is standard in all Express hotels and we order 3 times a week to ensure that all items are fresh. My personal favorites are the English muffins and the sausage links.
I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations for breakfast and hope that you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was here on a one night business stop. I've stayed here a number of times. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I slept well.

On this visit I didn't find the staff very friendly, particularly at check in. That was not the experience in the breakfast area where my experience was very pleasant, as it has been in the past.

This hotel is conveniently located for my business needs and so when I am in the area again I will still consider it, but after this stay I will also look at alternatives.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Good Morning MarkLWills
Please accept our apologies for not delivering our normal exceptional service at check in. The front desk staff do make every effort to exceed our guests expectations so this does surprise me.
I am very pleased to see that the service in the breakfast room met your expectations.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed the service at check in.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick and efficient as was check out. The breakfast was different each day of our three day stay, nice selection and hot coffee and tea. None of the staff seemed to go out of their way and it felt like I was inconveniencing them at times. One of the housekeepers was in the elevator when the door opened an she said "hurry it up"!! The property is clean and rooms are well equipped with coffee, microwave and a fridge. It was a nice surprise to see Bath & Body Works products. Internet was free and reliable. I would stay here again

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for a over night.i love my room. my first impression to my was so clean and sharp.mini fridge and microwave that will be a great,about the service they give what I'm looking for they very friendly people.

• Stayed: August 2013
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive survey for our hotel. I am very pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and clean. The staff do take pride in meeting and exceeding our guest expectations.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.