“If you like internet access...dont stay here.”

Best Western Plus Sherwood Park Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Edmonton, Canada
“If you like internet access...dont stay here.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel is nice, employees are tolerable. But, if you like everyone else on the planet likes access to the internet DO NOT STAY HERE! I found out that the owners of the hotel have the internet firewalled so heavily because they dont want people to even be able to watch youtube videos ie take up bandwidth. Its so slow im getting a constant speed under 1mb/s. That is barely enough to load certain web pages or to even load images of your family on facebook. The owners must have just got off "dial up" and figure that this is acceptable. Give your head a shake you cheap cheap humans! Dont stay here, dont waste your time. I recommend camping outside of a starbucks so you can have proper access to the internet because at least they understand the needs of there customers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank joe j
Frank D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sherwood Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear "joe j" (Edmonton, AB), thank you for taking the time to submit comments based on your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Sherwood Park Inn and Suites. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the facility and the staff during your stay. We do understand your level of dissatisfaction as it relates to our complimentary Internet service. As a new property (opened in May of 2012) we continue to evaluate the physical product and services offered to ensure we meet and exceed our guests expectations. Internet access and the quality Internet service is a key element to ongoing guest satisfaction and we are actively evaluating solutions that will improve the upload and download speeds to ensure we are competitive and provide our guests ongoing value. I would invite you to contact me personally to discuss our ongoing efforts to address this issue and as a I am new to the property I would also appreciate the opportunity to discuss your overall experience.

Frank D
Best Western Plus Sherwood Park Inn and Suites
1-855-416-7800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed for two separate nights. Nice rooms, good workout facilities, breakfast was good, but I have had better at other Best Westerns. Location is good, but directions on Google maps is incorrect, so I had to call to actually find the place. Check in was great, but the fellow who was working check out both mornings did not seem to swift at 6:30 in the morning, did not listen very well. All in all it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Standard, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed in a "Family Suite" with a friend and my daughter and daughter-in-law this past weekend. The rate was more than reasonable. The amenities were lovely and the location is convenient.
It was nice to receive a "pre-welcome" email the day before saying they were looking forward to meeting us.
From the moment we entered the hotel to the time we checked out, our stay was pleasant and comfortable.
Our beds were extremely comfortable. Just where do you buy your pillows? I need some of this brand for home - really I do!
The large room could have used another arm chair seeing as how we were 4 adults and there certainly is room for another one or two - we did suggest this to the staff for future reference.
The full breakfast was plentiful, fresh and tasty. It also had a great variety.
I will most definitely stay at this hotel in the future when I am back in Sherwood Park. The others in my group were as impressed as I was and we will be spreading the word.

Room Tip: it was not really a restaurant, per se, but the included breakfast was excellent! I am sure the roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cowichan, BC
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Wow! If you are passing through this way, be sure to stay here. Brand new hotel, with helpful, welcoming staff. Very clean, good sized rooms, and comfortable beds. We used the convenient and clean laundry facilities. Best hotel we have stayed at recently.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dsml558
Jasper National Park, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

So many good things to write. We were there Thursday16th 2012. Everything was exceptional. Impeccable house cleaning. Great breakfast...and there was barely anyone there. New hotel...great location. We were wanting to be in Edmonton but everything was booked...so we stayed in Sherwood park. But it was wonderful. We were in the family suite. Just my favourite hotel in ages.

Room Tip: family suite on the fourth floor was excellent. Separate room with two extra twin beds in it. Just g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank luna m
Harvie Heights, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

What better place to stay than the brand new Best Western Plus in Sherwood Park with easy access to Hwy 16th. The hotel provides a generous breakfast, has a great little pool and hot tub and the rooms are top notch. Personally I still have some issues with the new triple sheeted beds but that's just me and not the hotel's fault. This hotel is a clear winner!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Markus N
Good Day Markus,
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our new hotel. I'm happy you experienced our salt water pool and hot tub, as well our deluxe breakfast. The triple sheeting is a new concept to our industry, I appreciate you having some issues with it, we do take all feedback into consideration when making decisions about our future.
I have to thank you for your comment "This hotel is a clear winner", I read all of these TripAdvisor comments to my staff in our meetings, your comment brought alot of proud smiles and applause.
We look forward to greeting you at our hotel again very soon.

Frank Delaney
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed July 1-4 while visiting family in the area. The hotel is brand new but unlike some brand new hotels I didn't see any hiccups -- the check in staff was fast and efficient, the room was clean, the pool and hot tub were great and the continental breakfast was delicious.

Our room was large, the beds were very comfortable, the AC was quiet, and the bedding and towels were top notch. I was a little concerned because there was a youth lacrosse tournament in town but the rooms are quiet so I didn't notice any noise.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank VolRider
Hello VolRider,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we fulfilled your expectations. The hotel is very new and we're so fortunate to have a fantastic staff, this combined with very dedicated owners/management team has made our opening a huge success with the most important people, our guests.
I'm happy that you did not experience any problems with the Lacrosse Teams in house, we do welcome teams, our teams have always shown great respect for our guests. We take all of our guests security and safety very seriously.
We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again very soon.

Frank Delaney