“Next to Costco what could be better!”

Ramada Sherwood Park
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Fort McMurray
“Next to Costco what could be better!”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

The front desk staff are friendly, efficient and helpful. The hotel is clean and comfortable, not a bad value for your dollar. There is no restaurant on site but is next door to BP's.
We live 450km for the closest Costco so it's an ideal place for us to stay as this is the final destination before heading back home. Sherwood Park is a suburb of Edmotnon so everything is within driving distance.
They offer a free continental breakfast which isn't bad if you don't expect anything special.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank queenieg
GMRamadaSP, General Manager at Ramada Sherwood Park, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Thank you so much for your positive review, I will be sure to share your response with the staff as I know they will be pleased. We are very lucky to have the staff we do and they are much appreciated. Hope to see you again soon. Chris Short, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lloydminster, AB
Reviewed January 29, 2010

It is suppose to be a non-smoking hotel however the first room smelled of smoke so they moved us and the second room had a dirty pair of underwear behind the toilet. They moved us again and gave us $15 off the room rate. I guess cleanliness is not important.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank ashleylilly
GMRamadaSP, General Manager at Ramada Sherwood Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2010
I was horrified to read that not only had you had to move rooms twice because of cleanliness issues, but that the front desk had not taken appropriate action in resolving your concerns. Anything less than a spotless room is completely unacceptable and I will follow up with the staff involved immediately to avoid this happening in the future. I will contact you directly and refund the cost of your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Chris Short, General Manager.
Vancouver
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Our sink backed up and they agreed to move us to another room. No hot tub, contrary to the advertisement, which was a major disappointment. Room was acceptable, if you're looking for a clean place to sleep, free breakfast and wireless internet, otherwise no frills hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
GMRamadaSP, General Manager at Ramada Sherwood Park, responded to this review, October 20, 2009
Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated. I was disapppointed to hear that there were plumbing troubles in your room. Unfortunately these things do happen. I was glad to see the front desk was able to move the room for you. I apologize for the information regarding the hot tub. The hot tub has not been in the hotel for over a year. We have removed it from our website, Ramada's website, Expedia and others. I am not sure where you viewed it as a current amenity. We have expanded our fitness center and are very pleased with how it is coming along. We are hoping to have our universal machine installed shortly. If I can be of service please contact me directly at the hotel. 780-467-6727.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2009

To start the front desk staff had our reservation screwed up. THey had one adult and two children in a one queen size bed room. We had reserved a suite with two queen size beds, only latter to come to find out they only have king size beds in the suites and a pull out sofa. We said that would work. Then the fron desk gal said that she had to make sure that no one elses had booked it for the week we would be there. While we allready had booked a suite so as far as I was concerned too bad. Someone screwed up with the reservation big time. THey ended up givnig us the suite at the regular room rate for our troubles. THe breakfast was great, muffins usuallyt hree different varaities, lots of cereals, boiled eggs, toast, bagels, three different juices, of course there was coffee 24 hours.
Suite itself was great, nice and big. Bathroom was a little small but it was doable.
Housekeeping: they had 2 housekeepers for a 60 room hotel, so our suite only got new towles and our beds made no vacumming or no sinks washed out or the bathtub was not washed out. They need more staff to keep the customers happy. Once I called the manager to tell them our suite was not cleaned he advised me there was two staff for 60 rooms. No appoligise. But if I needed anything they would get it promptly.
Location: Resturants near by Boston Pizza right next door, Joeys Tomato, Dennys, HUmptys, McDOnalds, Mr. Sub. Lots of choice around that area. Close to milieum Place and Baseline Road.
Fitness Centre: It was closed was not advised of this on check in.
they do have guest laundry which was $1.50 to was and $1.50 to dry.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated. Having chatted with you several times during your stay, I apologize again for the issues you experienced during your stay. As we discussed, your stay unfortunately was during a very temporary staffing shortage and I'm happy to report we are fully staffed again. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome your back to the Ramada Limited Sherwood Park in the future.
Saint John NB
Reviewed October 21, 2008

I booked the Ramada in Sherwood Park (Sept 27th, 2008) to attend a local wedding. At check-in (5:30pm) , everything was fast and courteous.
I was a bit wary after reading some negative reviews posted several months ago. I wanted to see for myself - as it was advertised as "smoke free."
In fact, there were no odours of any type - the room was fresh and spotless.
I arrived with a stain on my white collar and asked the front desk person for help - as I had to return to the wedding.
He promptly attended my room and provided some stain remover (liquid Tide?)and a tooth brush which removed the stain in a few minutes. I used the iron (provided with each room) and was back in business within a few minutes.
Everything at this hotel was professional and clean.
I had a great sleep - clearly this hotel has stepped ahead of the competition.
Everything they stated in their website was exact.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will return next year (2009).

• Liked — odour free and perfectly clean
  • Disliked — no free liqour? This is a great hotel.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
SW US
Reviewed June 16, 2007

When I reported that the room had not been serviced AT ALL on the second day of our stay, the only response was "I'll speak to the cleaning lady about that". Good grief. NO hotel in America would take no action to make me happier if that had happened! I'm paying full rack rate for this place (which has smokey smelling non-smoking rooms) and I don't even get so much as a "sorry". Bleah.

Uncomfortable beds, scratchy towels, and no service. I'd say avoid this. Go sleep in the bathroom at Tim Horton's, you'll have better comfort.

• Liked — free newspaper
  • Disliked — No service!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank magienoire
Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2006

We were in Edmonton on November long weekend - the weekend of the Canadian Finals Rodeo. Everything in the entire city was booked with exception of this hotel. We only spent one night at the hotel, arriving late and checked out right after breakfast, so didn't see all the hotel had to offer.

We booked through Expedia to learn when we got there that it would have been cheaper to book directly through the hotel.

The rooms were decent - clean and updated. They provide free wireless in the rooms and free local papers.

A continental breakfast is provided until 10 in the morning. There were donuts, toast, cereal, juice and coffee.

The hotel is a long way from Edmonton attractions and shopping, but all in all it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank agh721