“work stay.”

Ramada Sherwood Park
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Reviewed September 29, 2012

friendly staff and clean rooms await you here. pizza and beer on wed night is a nice treat. Boston pizza rite next door is a very short walk.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Room was new, clean, comfy. Location is great for those doing business in nearby industrial areas. Good restaurants nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for two nights on a business trip for some nearby work. As mentioned the hotel is going through some renovation, this seemed limited to the reception and the breakfast area and was mostly cosmetic and not very obtrusive. No jack hammers or falling plaster to worry about.
The rooms were spacious enough (4th floor "business class") and clean. No particular issues with that or check in/check out. There is a Boston Pizza next door, and a Joey Tomato's within walking distance, no restaurant in the hotel itself.
Continental breakfast was included, cereal, toast, muffins, coffee, hard boiled eggs etc.

The location is a semi industrial area, major roads nearby (along with the noise from heavy trucks), shared parking with a lot of office buildings as well as BP. Views of the parking lot or major road/industrial area.

The overall impression is one of spartan and utilitarian, just not interesting at all. If all you're looking for is a pit stop with no frills, this will suit. I did meet someone for dinner at the Fairmont Hotel MacDonald, there is a place with a lot of character (but 3x $ as well)! I didn't review that one as I was only visiting.

Happy Travels!

Room Tip: 4th floor facing parking lot, otherwise you'll get a lot of road noise.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and i have stayed here several times over the past few years.The front desk staff have always been very helpful both on the phone making our reservations and when checking in and checking out. Colleen was very helpful.Having the restaurant right next door is a great bonus.Being right on the edge of Sherwood park is great if you need to get in to Edmonton.We have had only one problem here and that was on our last stay.One of the male staff couldnt stop openly ogling my wife on several occasions,to the point she was very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: get a room facing the refineres.such a nice view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadasp1, General Manager at Ramada Sherwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your response about our hotel. I am terribly sorry about the uncomfortableness your wife experienced with one of our staff members. I sent you an email to get more details of the situation so that I could determine which staff member it was but I have yet to hear back from you. Trip Advisor does not give me details as to who you are or when you stayed to even try and narrow it down to who you might be refering to. Our male staff members have been with us for years and I would never expect them to act like this. We have also had many contractors in with our renovations and thus It is very difficult to determine who you are refering to without more details. It is unfortunate that you didn't let me know of this problem while you were at the hotel so that I had the opportunity to rectify the situation immediately. Regardless I will ensure that all my staff members are aware of your concerns as well as my contractors. I am thankful that the other staff members treated you well and your stay was comfortable.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel is located near (within walking distance) some good and has a Costco right next door. The room prices are reasonable.

The hotel is going through some renovations right now to spruce things up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ramadasp1, General Manager at Ramada Sherwood Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

I really appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor. Our property is conveniently located to a few restaurants and as many people like, Costco. Our lobby renovations are almost complete and we are very happy with the transformation. We also look forward to the beginning of renovations on our second floor which will include flat screen TV's, new furniture and new carpet. Thank you for staying with us. Please plan to come back to see our new look.

SIncerely,

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The ramada hotel in sherwood park is one of the best i've stayed in ,my room is always clean ,fresh smelling welcoming and best of all the staff. from the front desk staff to the laundry staff and the housekeeping are second to none.they are very polite friendly and can't do enough for you.they are doing some renos but with little disruption to guests as possible.the continental breakfast is great more selection than some hotels i have stayed.i would 100% recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I really appreciate your review on Trip Advisor. Our staff work hard at making sure our guests have a wonderful experience at our hotel. Our renovations are coming along and the lobby is almost complete. Thank you very much for your business and we looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had a great stay. The front desk was helpful upon check in and check out. My family had a great breakfast in the morning. It is comforting to see that they are improving their lobby with renovations. This wil make others stay even more inviting. The bed and bedding were fantastic! A GREAT sleep was had by my whole family.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased that you had a positive experience at our hotel. We thank you for your business and hope that you will visit us again.
Sincerely