“Excellent long-stay hotel in Sherwood Park”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent long-stay hotel in Sherwood Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

My family and I are in the process of moving to Sherwood Park, AB. In order to be close to my new place of work, I stayed at the Coast Edmonton East Hotel from August 26 to September 7, 2010. I wrote ahead and asked if it would be possible to stay in a room with a larger fridge and possibly a microwave and the Assistant General Manager, Vinu Nambiar, was extremely gracious and put me in a room with both (a double upgrade given my business's preset room rate).

1. Check-in: Fast and the gentleman working on the front desk was very nice.

2. Parking: Free and lots of it - I ended up parking behind the hotel which was closer to the elevator.

3. Hotel amenities - there is a free continental breakfast downstairs every weekday which was nice. It's next door to Millinium Place which is a great spot for swimming, exercising, skating and it also has a small fast food-type restaurant and a coffee shop.

4. Room - the room I was given was a superior room - it had a larger fridge, a microwave, two queen beds, a sofa/coffee table, and a computer desk. Given the length of the stay, the space to spread out was very much appreciated. The room itself was extremely quiet - there was a large wedding in the hotel one weekend and we never heard a peep.

5. Cleanliness - excellent. Nice bathroom with lots of towels.

6. Around the hotel - there's a 7-11 right down the street which is excellent for gas and snacks. Further down the road there are plenty of restuarants, a Costco, a grocery store, a Tim's, etc. There is quick access to the Anthony Henday and there's also a Mr. Mike's attached to the hotel. They do room service for a 15% surcharge so I never tried it.

7. Checkout - fast and easy. They charged my credit card and my bill was slipped under my door the day I checked out.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Margaritamom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

The employees were very nice and accommodating. The room was very spacious. We were at a walking distance from Millennium. It was wonderful. :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

wedding went off with only one small hitch.. service, preparation were all top notch. we were especially please with the staff that handled us for our whole experience. they were reliable, friendly and more than capable of handling the 270 peiople in attendance. we booked more than 40 rooms for our guests and heard nothing but good comments. we have no problem reccomending this hotel for large wedding functions or room stays. thanks jasmina and victor. m. denman

Stayed July 2010
Moncton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

First time staying at the Coast Hotel in Sherwood Park. After a very long cab ride from the airport to the hotel I was happy to check in. I had just walked in the front door and was greeted by the most friendliest youn lady. The lobby is beautiful. The way the agent greeted me was like I had just been met by a friend. Her smile was a nice change. Check in was prompt and effcient. I was told about the "continental breakfast" in the morning. I needed directions and the young lady was more than helpful in getting me directions. She asked if I needed a wakeup call, which I did. As well she saw that I had arrived via a taxi, and she asked if she could arrange a cab for me to take to my meeting. I was at the hotel for 4 days. The housekeeping staff was very hospitable as well. I willl be staying there again in July for a conference.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Sherwood Park
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

A bit disappointing. Room accommodations were standard to substandard, and temperature control was poor in the room. Service at the front desk was inconsistent. Could not access business centre with room key, sometimes almost rude service. Housekeeping was very good. Access to the Millenium Centre was not included, but was a bonus. Pedway to Millenium Centre fitness area was *scary*. Beds in room were horribly worn and collapsed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

I am a business traveler so I see a lot of hotels throughout the year. The Coast Edmonton East is the hotel I choose anytime I have business in north Edmonton. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are nicely appointed with a microfridge, flat screen TV, comfortable linens, and a large desk. Both Henday Drive and the Yellowhead are easily accessed from the hotel and in addition to the Mike's restaurant in the hotel, there are several other good restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

My stay at the hotel was very great. The front end staff was extremely helpful when booking my stay and while my family and I were guests there. The rooms were a nice size and a good price. The restaurant had good food and a relaxing atmosphere. I will definitely be booking here in the future.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple