“Best in Sherwood Park”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed in every hotel in Sherwood Park, I wil rate this hotel as the best among the whole lot. I checked in without a reservation, Hotel was full, no rooms were available. Manager at the front desk recognized me, made me wait just for 10 minutes and arranged a room for me. Staff is great, rooms are clean and spacious. I stayed in a newly refurbished room, which was good. Surely, will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel this past Saturday Nov 10/12. When we arrived they front desk could not find our reservation and did not appear to be listening to the answers to the questions they were asking to find the reservation. Like for example, asking a number of first names as if all my relatives were staying as well????I have an unusal last name...not like Smith or anything. Had reservations at a local restaurant, came down stairs to the front desk 40 minutes early and they were not able to get a taxi company to come and pick us up. We were the only people waiting for a cab. The front desk dude didn't seem all that effective just kept apologizing. Property has signs saying that they are under renovations. Would have been nice to get a reduction in the room rarte given the renovations going on. Room size was adequate given the room rate, not enough pillows (three for a king size bed. Parking was atrocious. Had to park way in back of the property in deep uncleared snow and hike to the back entrance of the property. Would not stay at this hotel again. I think they have alot of work to do and would rate them a 2 out of 5 at best.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike Y
Reviewed November 11, 2012

we recently had our wedding at "The Coast" in July of this year, we were so impressed with the service we received from all of the staff at this hotel. They were all so very helpful and made our wedding day vision come true. Thank you to Victor and all of the staff at the Coast. I highly recommend them. Although we did not sleep there, many of our guest's did, and they were all very impressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Dirty used wet shower curtain. Still mud on floor from last guest. Dirty stained bedspread. Grungy pillows. Dirty floors and hallways. Bread crusts on window sill in hallway. poor parking. Good thing we didnt need to plug in. Wont be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Countrygal57
Reviewed November 8, 2012

With a major snowstorm, my boyfriend and I decided to stay at Coast Edmonton East hotel to stay nice and close to our workplace and to avoid being stuck in traffic. When booking the room I had asked if it were possible to get the room earlier than check-in time (which I was told was 3pm, but was actually 4pm when I got to the hotel) and the guy at the call center told me it should not be a problem. The guy on the phone asked me if I could call the hotel directly and leave my request with them. The roads being so bad as they were, I was asked to leave the office and go home at 2:30pm, and after calling I knew the hotel room was still not ready (2.5 hours after booking it). Anyways, me and my boyfriend made our way to the hotel, and it took them almost another 3 hours to get our room ready! On top of it all, some ppl were checking in and got a room within only a few minutes of waiting.
The front desk staff were very unprofessional making faces to one another due to the fact that they were swamped with the high volume of ppl walking in and wanting a room. They had also assured me that they would come and let us know the minute the room was ready, which of course they never did...
The room was clean though I must say, and good amount of towels supplied (you know... the cheap rough ones that feel like cardboard more than cotton). The bed was crap, and the pillows were pretty much the same.
To finalize my evening, I called down to inquire about the starbucks nearby, and if I had to go outside to get to it, or if it were attached to the hotel. Well instead of telling me that the hotel had a Second Cup attached to the hotel which you could access from within, I was told to go by the outside and that it was somewhere to the east of the hotel... what the hell? It is snowing like crazy outside, cars are in the ditch, why would you not just mention the attached Second Cup outlet to me?
Anyways, it is quite simple, I would not recommend this hotel unless desperate for a room. It’s old, outdated, and the staff could not care less about their customers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chantal L
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hi Victor & Saadia!

I just wanna commend you both a job well done! Everyone was so impressed with the food and excellent customer service.
Such a great experience and I recommend your hotel to anyone I know. Everyone loved the food and the venue. Hotel rooms are clean
and well kept. I wanna specially acknowledge Alok, Peter & Arun and the ladies that were there (I wasn't able to get their names).
They did a superb job! They were there for us whenever we need assistance and quick response to our needs. I commend them for their effort and great, great
excellent customer service. I've never experienced anything like this. Your hospitality Victor was excempted. I thank you very
much for accommodating us to our needs and satisfaction. May God Bless you all and more great things to come your way.

Warm Regards,
Maria Filasol
Edmonton, AB

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Mamalouh
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was recently married in July 2012 and unfortunately had my wedding reception at the coast Edmonton east hotel (they are changing their name to Holiday Inn) in Sherwood Park. I experienced the worst service of my life from their staff. They never returned my calls and took 2 weeks to respond to emails. The banquet manager told me they were changing their name to Holiday Inn by the wedding date so I put that in my invitation and they never changed their name. I asked for 10 chairs per table many times and reminded them in emails and they put 8 messing up my whole seating plan. At one point the banquet manager made an appt with me and when I showed up to the hotel he had forgotten about the appt and already went home. We had 250 people at our wedding and only one bartender (they told us there would be 2) who we heard was being rude to everyone probably because she was overworked and the lineups ran across the ballroom. The pop was flat and many people got sick from the late lunch. There were many more problems with this hotel I do not recommend having your wedding reception here.

• Stayed: July 2012