“Decent night out”
Review of JOEY Sherwood Park

JOEY Sherwood Park
Ranked #5 of 189 Restaurants in Sherwood Park
Cuisines: American, Canadian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Edmonton, Canada
“Decent night out”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

If you want something more than Denny's, like little black dresses and some decent food, Joey's is an alright choice.

Vancouver, Canada
“Average all the way around”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Typical Joey's location, same decor, has not been upgraded to their Global Grill concept yet. The menu is hardly changed from 6 years ago and the place is very predictable. Worth a visit if you want that sort of thing, but overall, average all the way around.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Steve C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really?”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

On Feb 4th I decided to have lunch out with my 13yr old daughter. We chose Joeys. I did say lunch right?! 11:30 am is when we arrived. We were greeted by a young lady who upon my first glance looked to me to be in a dress 4 sizes too small and enough makeup for 3. Thinking nothing of it but bad decision on her part we moved on to lunch. Our server was a pleasant young man and the food was good, no complaints there but looking around while eating I noticed that all the female employees were dressed the same. The floor manager was in a tube skirt that she was constantly adjusting because it was too small and a sweater that every time she leaned over a table I thought something was going to fall out. The attire was more suited for a stripper bar where that kind of thing is appreciated!! I suppose if the clientel they are looking for is truck stop gentlemen having beer after work they were dressed appropriately. My daughter and I were insulted and dispite the good food won't be going back. Is this what it takes to bring in a good tip from patrons? How about trying good service and a smile?

1 Thank 05magum
Lloydminster, Canada
“Enjoyable meal, nice atmosphere, friendly and efficient service”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We dined at Joey's on our way in to Edmonton for a concert at Rexall Place.

We were greeted at the door by a friendly hostess, and there was no wait for a table in either the lounge or the main dining area. Although the restaurant looked busy we were accomodated right away.

Our server Miranda did a great job of taking our order accurately and recommending items on the menu. She was always prompt in making sure we had drinks refilled and our meals were delivered in a timely manner.

We had a variety of dishes at our table - gyoza and wings for appetizers, and then linguini alfredo, steak and prawns, and two prawn penang curry bowls. All meals were served hot and there were no complaints! The gyoza and prawn curry bowls were a highlight! The dessert ... the molten lava cake ... was awesome!

We had a lovely family meal with my fiance's family and felt that the serviced met our expectations. We'll be dining at Joey's again.

Note: I have posted pictures of the dishes on this review as well.

I hope this review has been helpful ...

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Segreto77
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold food, poor service, very noisy”
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Three of us met for lunch on Dec 31 we were seated at a corner table and the girl seemed very quick and hurried. Barely had we got our coats off and she wanted our orders for food. We requested a few minutes to review the menu but asked if she could take the drink order. Our beverages arrived after a long wait. We ordered the food and then waited then waited and waited. There seemed to be lots of staff in the kitchen since it is open concept we could see and hear all the noise. There was no one at our table to refresh drinks or even refill the single water glass. When the main course arrived it was cold. The french fries cold, burger cold, 2 lobster grilled cheese sandwich cold. We tried to flag down some one to send it back to the kitchen but no one could / would stop by. It seemed all service persons were busy attending to a large group located in the center of the shop. Until the bill arrived no one arrived at our table. No refills on water / coffee / pop or even a offer of ketchup for the fries. (not that it would of made a lot of difference) Need less to say we left disappointed - I can't speak for the others but I know that they have lost me for sure as a customer.

• Visited December 2010