“Steak...that is all...”

Ranked #23 of 199 Restaurants in Sherwood Park
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: We will provide an exceptional dining experience while appealing to the senses of comfort, hospitality and guest satisfaction
Reviewed November 10, 2012

An old fashion steak house. This is meat eating before foodies and health experts started preaching the evils of red meat. Can still get old fashioned steaks, prime rib and backed potatoes where you can add all the sour cream, chives and bacon bits your heart desires (or fears!).

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had to check out the new restaurant in Sherwood, hoping it would be better than the one on the south side of Edmonton or the Moose factory. It wasn't! They really shouldn't call it a steak house, the steak wasn't a good cut of meat and was over cooked to my liking, sent it back, only to have another come back almost raw, sent back again came back and was a much smaller cut than originally received but cooked better, even though was very tough. (never got anything off for my inconvenience) This used to be a great place way back, but now the appetizers are pre-packaged and the quality is way down. Thats what happen when you worry too much about opening more locations and less focus is on the product. Won't be back.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We happen to pick this restaurant out of the phone book and we are so happy we did. What a wonderful meal. Most of our group had Prime rib and loved it, I had the chicken and it too was great. And for the one steak order I was told it was perfect. Melted in his mouth. Want a good meal go here. People there were surprised we got in without a reservation and are we ever happy that we did

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the newest Sawmill Restaurant in the chain, and the only one I haven't been to yet. I thought I'd give it a try. The restaurant as usual was very nicely laid out and both of our meals were very enjoyable. I like my prime rib medium-well done, and the cooks did it perfectly which I know from past experience is pretty hard to do. It wasn't as busy as I expected it to be on a Saturday night, but the staff were all very friendly and looked to be enjoying themselves. On a 1-10 level, I'd give it an 8 so far until I've been back a few times again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The food is typical bar fare, wine selection poor. Time these pubs grew up and figured out that there are a lot of women getting out of their kitchens these days and love a good glass of wine. I even know some men who appreciate a good glass of wine. Sorry my pet peeve. Have never had particularly eager service here. The room is very nice but it is unfortunately a sneaky facade.