“Normally good but they changed my mind”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
edmonton
“Normally good but they changed my mind”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I normally have no problem with Caffrey's but not today. I ordered the Surf and Turf like I have many times before but today it came covered in mushrooms. I told the waitress I wasn't going to eat it so she offered to replace the steak without mushrooms. I said that would be great so I sat and ate my salad and waited for a new steak. While I was eating another waitress showed up and told me I didn't order the surf and turf because that wasn't available till 4 what I did order was a steak sandwich with shrimp added that always has mushrooms. I told her that when I order something I should always get the same thing and that it was confusing that I would get something different depending on what time of day I order it. She left me to eat my salad and a third woman came to my table to explain to me how the menu worked. I told her that I had ordered the same thing many times and never had a problem. She continued to explain the way the specials work but at this point I had enough and told her to leave me alone and cancel my steak because I was leaving. She said that was fine with her. As we left our first waitress was apologizing for the mix up and said it was all her fault. I said it wasn't a big deal until the third woman came to my table and lectured me about the menu. She told me that the woman who upset me was the owner. I don't know if I will be back to Caffrey's anytime soon.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ryanb

Edmonton, Canada
“Typical Pub”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Used to live in Sherwood Park but only checked this place out recently for St. Patrick's Day because they were advertising all the special things that were going on. It's nice inside, layout is good, could have used a table or two more - but I assume it was their busiest day of the year. We sat at the bar, there was quite a strong draft coming from the ceiling which was a bit annoying. Waitress was fine, got our drinks quickly and made sure we were taken care of when we needed a refill. Have to say though, even for a pub, their attire was quite appalling. The one girl wasn't really even wearing pants - just boy short underwear and I could see the tattoo on her bum cheek. There is no need for that. I'm sure we'll be back at some point.

• Visited March 2013
edmonton
“Nice place to watch hockey”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Caffreys since I moved to Sherwood park last summer and I keep coming back. I went there for the $8 Tuesday steak and shrimp and and cactus chips as my side. The steak was medium rare just like I ordered it and the shrimp and chips were perfect . On the weekend there are live bands and the place is always packed. The waitresses are fast and the service has always been good. One of my favorite things is the summer shuttle to the Eskimo games. It's my favorite pub in Sherwood park.

Edmonton, Canada
“Nice Renovations”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I know they've been done for a while now, but I like what they've done with the place. Hopefully they stop changing the name every year.

The food we ordered was great and the specials made it relatively cheap to eat and drink during the Oilers game. There are televisions everywhere too - they really do the new "sports bar" theme justice. My only points against are for the fact that the bathroom seems to have escapes or been forgotten about during the 2/3 rounds of renovations. It really needs updated.

• Visited January 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
“Fun place”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been to Caffreys a couple of times when I am in Sherwood Park...I have never eaten here, but the atmosphere is always good!

Visited March 2012