“Comfortable and Convienient”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Grande Prairie, Canada
“Comfortable and Convienient”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the beginning of March. When I checked in the lobby was quiet & appeared clean. The Front Desk Agent was in the back & it took a few moments for her to realize i was there. She was poliet & helpful. My room was on the ground floor, I wasnt bothered by noise above me but from the dog next door barking everytime the access door was used which was right beside my door as well. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The checkout was fast & easy! Will stay again! :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Itravel2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here and had a very nice experience, staff is very pleasant and helpful. Hotel is clean and the room was very spacious and very clean. Full kitchen for your use and breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was bagels, cereal, hot waffles, yogurt, fruit and coffee and juice.
Good location in Sherwood Park, easy to find, close to shopping and dining. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Fairview, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was on a project in Sherwood Park (consulting) and cold booked the Mainstay due to the kitchenettes.

I was very pleased with the check in, as they let me look at the room before taking it. (Computer, printer etc I carry needed to have room to set up)

There is a desk separate for the computer from the kitchenette table and a office type chair for the computer desk which is bonus for doing hours of paperwork.

The room itself is excellent, hardwood floor in the front half, and carpet in the back half.
The kitchen is equipped with a good size fridge, microwave, and stove. All the utensils required to cook a meal, and dishwasher to clean up afterward.

The breakfast room is really good, and the assistant manager on Wednesdays will have chilli/soup type light meal for guests if they chose to do so. It is very good and nice after a cold day in the field.

Good size towels in the bathroom, and plenty of them.

Plenty of tv channels, good heat, and plenty of hot water.

Parking is very good.

I would recommend staying at the Mainstay Suites in Sherwood Park.

Room Tip: If you are not sure of the type of room you what, just ask to check it out. There is several types.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Arpad250
Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here in August for 5 days with my dogs while attending a dog show. I must say this hotel was amazing for us! It was the best hotel we've stayed in, which was evident right from when I called to make a reservation. They not only allowed me to bring my two 20lb dogs, but they also booked us into a king bedroom suite, which was greatly appreciated!

During our stay all of the staff was very friendly towards me and my dogs. The room was amazing! Most spacious room ever. It definitely felt like a home for us!
We were on the ground floor, full kitchen as you walk in (which was my main draw in staying here, I wanted somewhere with a stove top and full fridge and freezer), and nice spacious living room area, then a great sized bedroom, and a huge closet walk-through to the bathroom (the bathroom has a full vanity counter top, and a bathtub)! So much space! Loved it!
The bed was also incredibly comfortable! The free wireless internet always worked well for me.

Breakfast was included as well and they had a great assortment of breakfast foods - I loved the yoghurt and little baggies of apple/grapes mix and they make a giant crock-pot of oatmeal and then have great toppings for you to add (craisins, chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds, brown sugar). The only thing I wish was that breakfast didn't start later on weekends. I can't remember the times but I think during the week breakfast starts at 6:30am, but on the weekends only 7am, which when you're are headed out the door every day at 6:45am, that meant I didn't get to have the breakfast on the weekends. Of course I could make my own breakfast in my room, which I did. And the coffee is always out, 24/7 so that's great!

The location on this hotel is PERFECT, especially if you have dogs! It's a 5 minute walk on a trail down to a giant sports field where you can walk your dog around the perimeter - lots of space and walking areas. There's also a trail out to a dock overlooking a bog, another great walk!
Also there is a Shell gas station right next to the hotel and a Tim Hortons inside the Shell - drive through or walk in for the Tim Hortons!
And of course the hotel is well located to get onto the major highways and routes!

Travelling alone, even though I had my two dogs, I always felt safe at this hotel. There was always someone at the front desk or in the room right by the front desk (with the door open so they can see) as people came in and out of the lobby. There were a lot of construction workers staying at the time I was there, as there was a lot of road construction going on in the area, but I was never bothered by anyone and always felt safe.

I will 100% return here and definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Recommend the king suites for lots of space!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MrMrsTravel
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The room itself was very clean and comfortable. There was no bathtub which was something that was not pointed out on hotels.com. However, the most frustrating part was the wi-fi did not work in my room. This was pointed out twice to the front desk and both times I was told 'someone is on it.' Also, the remote to my tv died at about 3:00 am. When these things were pointed out to management the next day, there was no offer to reduce the price of the room or a gift certificate for the next time I visited.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Wendy S
mldutchin, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sherwood Park Edmonton, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I would like to start by apologizing for the bad experience you had at our MainStay. I appreciate the time you took to bring this matter to our attention and I completely agree that you should have been informed as to what was in your room upon arrival. I also apologize that the issue with the wireless internet was not promptly attended to and I assure you that this is not the way our hotel is usually run. We are constantly striving to provide the best service for our guests. Once again I apologize and hope that in the future you will give our hotel another chance to accommodate and serve you.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed for one week at the Mainstay in Sherwood Park. We spent most of our time in Edmonton but we found the hotels location has fast access to get where we wanted to be.
We were impressed right when we walked in. Nice lobby decor, the front staff were efficient and quick, and it was clean!!!
When we got to our suite and went in we were surprised at it's size and we had a great kitchenette. We thought the hotel was brand new ( it smelled so new and fresh), it is over 2.5 years old. The staff keeps the place in tip top shape.
Our beds were comfy, the HD TV was amazing. Great channels. The furniture was comfy. Like I said, it all looked "2013 new".
The breakfast was terrific too. It really was worth a lot and it was complimentary!! Loved it.
We will definitely stay there again.
We have lots of friends we could have stayed with in Edmonton but having our private hotel suite made it feel like a
vacation. 10/10
Murray

• Stayed September 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. I travel a lot through out the year due to business and am very hard to please. This is one of the best stops on my travels. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I guess if there was anything bad to say, it would have to be the coffee the hotel supplies. Tim Hortons is only steps away!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business