Days Inn & Suites Sherwood Park Edmonton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ramada Sherwood Park(Sherwood Park)
View Hotel
Park Centre & Hotel(Sherwood Park)
Jockey Motel(Edmonton)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfull kitchenfront desktim hortonswould stay here againmy favorite placeplenty of tv channelsseparate bedroomhealthy choicesyogurtroom was a decent sizedecent breakfastpull out sofanicest hoteltwo queen bedsonly downfallmy home away from homeflat screen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2013

What a mess! Our queen suite had boot prints, an abundance of short and curlies, and urine on the bathroom floor. The shower curtain was covered with black hand prints and the curtains edge was growing very noticeable mold. Food, rocks a buckle from a work boot and a name tag cover were all found on the floor of our room. Food covered the hide a bed when it was opened. The elevator had been vomited in likely by one of the drinkers on a work crew, it was not cleaned and the elevator smelled of liquor for the rest of our stay. When we mentioned the mess we were offered a room change and upgrade to a king suite and experienced the same issues soiled shower curtain, dirty bathroom floor, abundance of urine on the floor around the toilet, tons of nuts and fruit loops cereal in the hide a bed, packaging from dristan,kleenex, and a lot of food and rocks on the carpet. Really a shame the new hotel is not being cared for. The $33 discount off our 3 night stay was not sufficient. If time had been on our side we would have left the property to find another, but relocating proved too difficult given the function and appointments we came to town for. We asked for a room away from the chaos of the work crews thanks to another review we read, I wish we would have taken his advice and went elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank SafeTravelAdvisor
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hotel was good. Great rooms and staff is awesome but you might not get a wink of sleep due to a large crowd of bafoons making more noise than a zoo packed with wild animals, an army of jackhammers and the new York Stock Exchange all rolled into one.

• Stayed: December 2012
8  Thank roughneck720
mldutchin, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sherwood Park Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Roughneck720,

We regret that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We have no record of receiving any complaints of partying or excessive noise on the evening in question. Please note that we have zero tolerance for such activities and take swift action when notified by other guests of same.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very nice property for either short or medium term stays. It is located in Sherwood Park with easy access to the highway system and connection to Edmonton. The hotel was completely booked up when I stayed there as it appears to be very popular with work crews so reservations are a must. If you are looking to stay in a particular type of room, I would confirm a few days ahead of time, even if you have reservations, as there seems to be no guarantee that you will get the room you reserve due to the popularity of the hotel.

Pros: Very helpful staff. They will go our of their way to assist you with any issues that arise.
Fully equipped kitchen.
Clean and tidy rooms. Small but bright lobby area.
OK fitness facility.
Quiet rooms. I was expecting a lot of noise what with all the construction/road crews staying there but I didn't hear a peep any night.
Free Wi-Fi. A bit slow however.
Free local calls.
Pet friendly
Painless checkout.

Cons:
Breakfast is included but it is very limited. I would suggest adding some "protein" options, like boiled eggs, as there are just so many waffles and bowls of sugary cereals one can eat.

The rooms desperately need a small shoe mat inside otherwise wet footwear has to be left to drip on the laminate floor.

I would recommend to the management that the outside smoking areas around the rear doors be cleaned up more frequently as they tended to look very messy with discarded empty food containers and cigarette butts on the ground.

I would definitely stay at this establishment again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MP4411
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was a nice surprise, we had a full suite with a full size fridge, microwave etc. 2 TVs which was really great. The bed was comfortable and clean....very firm mattress if that works for you. Great value for the space.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

From the moment I arrived at MainStay Suites, I have NEVER felt as appreciated and
cared for. The staff was warm and welcoming the entire stay, helping me anytime it was needed. My job requires that I travel frequently and I stay in various hotels across Canada. I can honestly say, MainStay Suites has exceeded my expectations in every way. Keep up the outstanding work my friends!

Room Tip: Definitely stay in king suite as it is very spacious and worth every penny
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business