“Pay the extra for the Elite Section!”

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Pincher Creek
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for one night after our association banquet and had been given a preferred rate which we really appreciated. As we walked through the older section we were very glad we chose the new Elite section. The older area has a very stale and smoky smell, at least in the halls. We chose a king bed and the room looked just like the photos on their website, and it was very clean (except the TV had not been wiped, which is not a real big detail). The room was very quiet, but we were on the third floor and possibly no one else was next door, but you usually hear something! It had a nice mini bar area, but sadly no ice machine on the third floor (you have to go to the second). The bed was firm but good quality...I really wish hotels would give guests an option of a firm mattress or a soft one. We can't be the only ones that prefer a plush, soft mattress!!
Breakfast was decent with generous portions, but nothing special. Perhaps some fresh fruit garnishes? Check-in staff were polite and efficient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moose2506
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate hearing our customer feedback and was so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The elite rooms have been very well received by our guests, as they offer that upscale boutique feel that comes with many upgraded features.
I have been doing recent improvements to our standard section in the older wing and am hoping to soon provide that upscale level of comfort for our more budget minded guests. There is still a smoking section on the second floor of the older wing and this has been a subject of recent discussion on whether to eliminate this. I appreciate your input and in the meantime, we will continue to make every effort to purify the air as best we can.

I have noted your suggestions regarding the beds and the breakfast and have shared your comments with all the staff.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, Pincher Creek

Reviewed October 12, 2012

For the price please stay away! as the following issues need to be address within our room. upon arrival and walking through the hallway to our room the hallways smelt like of stale beer and dirty contract workers. entering our room cartridge in our shower constantly dripping, toilet sit loose,fridge door broken,blanket cover stained/stink, shower pull handle broke as well half the PSI works,stain above the TV on ceiling and by the way P.S restaurant food very unacceptable and female night server with no people skills. On a brighter note guest services, pool and hot-tub are above and beyond.
we'll not recommend or considered staying here in the future!

Room Tip: "stay away unless town has no vacancy!!!make this as your last resort sincerely world traveller...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Georges1970
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I was very distressed to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to offer our guests a clean and comfortable stay no matter which room they are in. All the issues you mentioned are being investigated and addressed immediately and I can assure you that they are not commonplace.
I have recently made upgrades to the hotel, including painting, new beds, microwaves, new linens, and several other items. This is an on going project and done for the comfort of our guests. With these improvements we believe the standard section, where you stayed, will be as nice as the elite section, but still with budget in mind. We are also in review of switching the entire hotel to a non-smoking facility.
We appreciate the feedback that we get and value all guest comments.

Regards,

Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre- Pincher Creek

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here one night while visiting Waterton National park as their hotels were all booked.
Be prepared to use a credit card authorization for $250.00 damage deposit up front. Do not consider a room in the old wing. Our room was in the new wing on the third floor. Nicely appointed and tastefully decorated. Small fridge, microwave and coffemaker in the room. Pool area very nice. Food in the "Seasons" restaurant on site was acceptable but nothing special. Prices fairly reasonable. Staff friendly enough but very slow to check in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing. A little more money but well worth it. Wouldn't consider stayi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Waterton National Park and thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. Waterton is beautiful and we have many guests that stay with us during their visit to the park.

You mentioned that you stayed in our elite new section. Our new wing is modern and comfortable and all of our guests seem to enjoy these rooms a great deal. Our standard wing has recently received new beds, microwaves, and fridges and is scheduled for more upgrades to be done in the near future. We are committed to offering comfort in all of our guest rooms.

As per hotel policy, we take a pre-authorized deposit of $250.00, plus the price of the room, including taxes, at check in. This is not an actual charge, but just a pre-authorization to cover all expenses. This allows the guest to charge meals to their room, make phone calls, etc. At check out, if the guest spends less than the pre-authorized amount, the extra hold is released. This is standard practice in the hotel industry and we make efforts to ensure that guests are aware of this policy.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope that we may welcome you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located if you're wanting to travel to Waterton National Park. From this point, it is about 50km to the entrance of the park.

The Heritage Inn looked like an upscale hotel from the outside of the property. When we entered into the lobby, it looked really good too. We were met by the check in person. The person when we were checking in seemed to be quite organized, and made sure that things were more or less organized for us. She also was able to inform us about the restaurants in the area as well. We were however, told about a 250$ fee/per night for pre-authorization for damages if any were to be caused. Also, you need to pay up front if you have pets that will stay in the room as well.

The standard wing, which is close to the lobby area, smelled like cigarettes, or some sort of heavy scent like that. If you are looking for rooms, request one in the new wing. The smells are a lot better, but it does cost more. We have an experience in one of the hotels we stayed at last year with the same sort of thing with the cigarette smells. The elite rooms are quite nice, and updated looking.

The Free Summer Ride Package we got was good. It gave us a chance to visit the national park, as well as have ice cream at the Big Scoop Ice Cream Shop. It also entitles you to a free hot breakfast. Juice is not included. The restaurant the Four Seasons Eatery as well as their lounge was quite good, as well, the staff were quite pleasant.

The only real problem that we had, is that we were quoted 140$ for the package for the first night, and 116$ the second night. We read the trip advisor comments from other vacationer's which suggested that we should go for the elite suite. We called and the girl quoted a 20$ higher fee for the upgrade in room. When we went to pay for the bill we were told that it would be 160$ for the first night with the package, and then 175$ for the second night. We decided to speak up, so the lady checking us out decided to grant us a second ride package to lower the fee to 160$. While, we found this a good gesture, I encourage people wanting to stay here to check to make sure that they realize the price that they are paying before they pay for it, so they are not surprised by the fee.

Other than the cost price, our stay here is good, and we will likely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the elite suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am sorry if there was any misunderstanding regarding your upgrades and how this calculated into our Summer Free Ride promotion. I have spoken with my staff to ensure they understand how to properly calculate and convey these charges to the customers. I am glad that we were able to make the satisfactory adjustments.

I also wanted to explain the $250 fee you mentioned. This is actually a pre-authorization on your credit card and not an actual charge. This is to cover any additional room charges such as long distance and any restaurant meals charged to the room etc. Upon check out, this pre-authorization is put against any of these charges and if there are none, then it is simply released. This is standard practice in the hotel industry and done by most hotels. Once again, I have stressed with my front desk staff the importance of explaining this to you, our customer, clearly.

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Waterton National Park and your stay in our elite room. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you again should you find yourself in the area. I sincerely apologize for any confusion that you may have experienced and would like to offer you a free upgrade. Please contact me directly so that I may complete this reservation for you.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here in early September 2012. The front end staff are a bit clueless. There was one guy that I saw once that knew what was going on, and then one lady but no one else was in the loop. We got the Free Ride deal, so we could get entry into Waterton National Park and some ice cream and a free breakfast. We did not need that for the second night, but they jacked up the price from what they said on the phone. We made a reservation and then asked to be in the newer part of the hotel. We knew it was going to cost more. We expected to pay $160 per night for the first night and then less on the second night. They wanted to charge $173 for the second night. Makes no sense. We got the 2nd night for the $160 price, and we got a free breakfast and a park pass that we could use at other national parks. But they charged a couple extra fees on the bill at the end. ASK THEM WHAT THE FEES ARE FOR.

The new wing is good. Excellent beds. The older wing has that residual old cigarette smell.

Room Tip: Ask questions about the price. Try to get the information emailed to you. Get names of the staff.
1  Thank bigjim5551212

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, as these reviews do offer us insight into our customer experience and allow us the opportunity to address any concerns. I am sorry for any misunderstanding regarding the rate increase for the second night. I will be speaking with my staff to ensure they fully understand how to make adjustments to the special room packages so that all additional charges are outlined clearly. As for the fees on the bill that you mentioned, all hotel rooms in Alberta have 3 fees/taxes. GST is 5%, Alberta Tourism Levy is 4% and a Destination Marketing Fee (DMF) of 3%, which is a fee used by the tourism board in the area to promote the region – in our case, Southern Alberta.
I hope this clears up some of your questions. Once again, I thank you for your comments.

Regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed four nights. I asked twice daily for a plug for the bathtub, an alarm clock that worked, a TV remote, and a chair so I could sit at my desk so I could do paperwork. I was assured they would help me, but never did. On the third day I was told I could bath in the hotel hot tub !!!
I was not impressed to say the least.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason T
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize and convey to you how sorry I am that your stay with us was not up standard. First and foremost, the concerns and requests that you put forth to the staff should have been attended to immediately, since these items are generally in place upon check in.
I have investigated this with the staff and have put out some very strong directives to address this. Once again, please accept my sincere apology.
Your business is greatly appreciated and should you ever be in the Pincher Creek area again, I hope you will give us another chance to accommodate you. Please contact me directly, so that I may personally handle your reservation and provide you with a complimentary upgrade.

Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The manager (Claire Layton) saw our desperation and after some juggling she was able to give us a room.
The treatment we received was above and beyond the call of duty. Please extend our gratitude to them.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us. It was my pleasure to be able to assist and accommodate you while traveling through the Pincher Creek area. We strive very hard to give each guest our very best in service and product. I appreciate your positive comments and I am glad I was able to make it work out for you. It was truly a pleasure to have you and we do look forward to welcoming you back as our guest.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to submit your comments.

Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre