“Super 8 was really great”

Super 8 High Level AB
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in High Level
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary
“Super 8 was really great”
Reviewed September 24, 2005

We recently returned from a road trip to Yellowknife, NWT. We stayed overnight at the Super 8 in High Level, Alberta September 9, 2005 on the way back to Calgary and what an Oasis it was. I wish that we had stayed there on the way up too, instead of in Peace River. High Level is approximately half-way between Edmonton and Yellowknife so it is a logical place to stop, but I remember, years ago, that the motels here were not particularly pleasant. What a change!! The Super 8 is so very comfortable. The small lobby area looks inviting with the good positioning of it's chairs, and, up on the walls, there are very nice "reliefs". The front desk had welcoming staff. You also see the room used for the continental breakfast, just off of the lobby. As you enter the area where the elevators are you see the short hallway to the pool and the fitness room, making you realize how much this motel has to offer. We had booked the "accessible" room and a king room but since the rooms were not going to be on the same level, we opted for two king rooms. The only negative that I experienced was that I felt that the bathrooms should have been built just a little deeper. It was a tight fit when shutting the door when you were inside the bathroom. I think, that even now, this could be easily remedied by extending the one wall a bit and sacrificing the closet area. This "open" closet is useless anyway, in that it is very very small. A portable clothes rack could be used instead. It could easily fit next to the dresser in this nicely-sized room and would be a lot more functional too. Anyway, the room itself was very pleasant with two chairs, a fairly large window and a very comfortable bed. The room was very clean and felt "fresh". I swam in the pool before going to bed and it was very clean. There had been children in the pool earlier so I felt lucky to have the pool to myself for some quiet time. I wish hotels would have the last hour of pool time just for adults. There was a whirlpool that was very warm and also a small waterslide. Great fun for families. My husband used the fitness room and said that the equipment was of good guality. Across the parking lot of the hotel is Boston Pizza. Very convenient to go for your supper and of course, good quality fare. The hotel provides a continental breakfast and it was the best "continental" breakfast that I have seen. There was some fresh fruit, juices, milk, dry cereal, bread and bagels that you toasted yourself and a wonderful waffle machine. The prepared pre-measured waffle mix was in small containers with lids. My husband chose to be our cook and once he got the hang of it he sure had fun with that waffle machine. The waffles tasted great and there was, of course, whipped butter and syrup available. It was a nice start to the day and the long drive ahead. I would not hesitate to stay at this Super 8 again.

6 Thank kallie93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Travelers also viewed these High Level hotels
Executive House Suites Hotel & Conference Centre
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in High Level

Been to Super 8 High Level AB? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 High Level AB

Property: Super 8 High Level AB
Address: 9502 114 Ave, High Level, Alberta T0H 1Z0, Canada
Location: Canada > Alberta > High Level
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in High Level
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Super 8 High Level AB 2.5*
You’ll find many hotels and motels in High Level, AB, but only Super 8 Motel offers outstanding value for your travel dollar. We’re conveniently located minutes away from all of the main attractions of High Level. Our 81 attractive guestrooms set standards for outstanding comfort, all at the lowest rates among hotels and motels in High Level, AB. And Super 8 Motel High Level’s hard-working staff is always ready to serve you, whenever you need us ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 High Level AB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 High Level AB Alberta