“Hotel was adequate. We arrived at 9:30 at night, after 7...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 High Level AB

Super 8 High Level AB
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in High Level
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Yellowknife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Clean hotel with helpful staff. Unfortunately pool was not in commission at the time, but I would stay there in the future anyways.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Anil S, General Manager at Super 8 High Level AB, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
I thank you for your positive feedback on your experience during your recent stay with us.
Your comments are valued and respected by our team and always encourages us to aim towards achieving 100 % guest satisfaction.

With regard to your feedback of the pool, the work on re-tiling of the Pool is scheduled to commence 3rd week of Aug. Unfortunately, there is a slight delay due to the supplier’s constraints. We are very hopeful to have a freshly renovated pool up and running by end August. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have had to go through.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back with us!

gm@super8highlevel.com
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights on our way up to, and back from Yellowknife (1 night each way). Check in process was good, they followed through with requested items needed (view out the back to watch boat). Right next door to the BP's, which was really handy for sure. Beds we're good, room was decent size, bathroom was ok. Breakfast was limited, but fine. Pool and hot tub were drained both days we stayed. We weren't looking to use either. But, noticed as the breakfast area looked out onto the pools. Price a little high for what it was. But, I believe it's par for the course in High Level.

Room Tip: There are some main floor rooms if desired.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anil S, General Manager at Super 8 High Level AB, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I thank you for your very valuable input on your experience during your recent stay with us.
Your comments are valued and respected by our team and prompts us to move into the right direction to better serve our clients.

With regard to your feedback of the pool, the work on re-tiling of the Pool, it is scheduled to commence this week. We are very hopeful to have a freshly renovated pool up and running by end August. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have had to go through and also for the view that is visible from the breakfast area would be lot more appealing, as you rightly commented.

I would be open to any suggestions you may want to share with the undersigned. I do look forward to welcoming you back with us!

gm@super8highlevel.com
Yellowknife, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here on a drive back to Yellowknife. Staff was helpful and responsive to my needs (there was an issue with the air conditioner in our room, we were immediately switched to another, no issues). Woman at the front desk very friendly and offered suggestion on where to eat besides the BP next door.

Room was clean, bathroom too. Nice to have the small fridge in the room too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kathy Lee M, General Manager at Super 8 High Level AB, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest;
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at Super8 High Level. I thank you for taking time out to apprise us of your recent experience. We do value and respect every single comment our customers point out.

It is surely encouraging for our team when our valued guests respond to the efforts our team puts in making your stay an enjoyable one, thank you and it is greatly appreciated..
I will share your comments with our team.
It is always heartening to see our guest's return to our property and I do look forward to welcoming you back with us.
Unity, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This super 8, in general, exemplifies how a hotel should be designed, kept and maintained. There are a lot of elements of customer consideration built into this establishment.

It is very clean...everywhere.... rooms, halls, breakfast area.

The room (actually the whole hotel) was not completely modern, but tastefully pulled together in it's clever design.

The mattresses are fairly new, too firm for my taste (and I tend to like firmer mattresses). The linens on the bed, made up for the firmness with luxurious comfort.

The staff is prompt, friendly and courteous, but still gives you space ( I don't like to be greeted every time I enter the building).

The elevators, ice machine, and vending machines are away from the rooms in their own nook.

There are heavy curtains to block out light, on summer nights.

The in-room A/C system is less obnoxious than any I've seen.

The things that knocked my socks off though; was the pictures in my room are designed to create a spliced panoramic image (not really that noticeable till you actually notice it), also the housekeeping's intricate bathroom linen folding is kind of like origami (and not the the standard hotel fancy hotel washcloth folding).

My only complaint; pool was under construction. But I am happy to see them maintain it rather than not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy Lee M, General Manager at Super 8 High Level AB, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I thank you for taking time out to apprise us of your experience during your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to see our customers respond positively; imperative for the success of any business, thank you! Your comments are valued and respected by our team. .

With regard to your feedback of the pool, we are renovating it completely for the safety and also the novelty of our customers. This should be back in operation soon and for now we are aiming to start the Pool operation by end of July. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have had to go through.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us!