“What a sweet little place!”

Executive House Suites Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in High Level
Iowa
“What a sweet little place!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is located off the highway...just trust your GPS, and, since there's no obvious entrance signs, the printed signs hung on the doors, to find the lobby. From there, it's all great. Good room, balcony, complete kitchenette, tv, wifi, plush couch, table with lace cloth...you're right at home. Wish we could stay longer!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saskatoon
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for work in High Level, Very comfortable and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. We left an iphone charger in our room and didnt realize, we got a call a couple hours after checking out, letting us know they found in room and were holding at front desk. We were so happy with the honesty of housekeeping to turn it in and the time taken to call us before we left town so we could get charger. Awesome place to stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bon Accord
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Steve and Nancy were very warm hosts, most accomodating and helpful. The room was so well set up you truly felt like if was a apt. It was Very clean and quiet. We arrived late and Nancy called while we were enroute to see what time we would arrive. There was no pressure to get there by a certain time, we were wished a safe journey and that we should call when we were just on the city limits. This was a nice touch as it made you feel cared for already!

Room Tip: suite was a great choice with mini kitchen, ample room to sit and visit with friends
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
High Level, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed with Steve, Nancy and Davita for 2 months. After my stay I purchased a home in High Level and 1 year later am still not sure which feels more like home, my house or theirs. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave you truly feel like part of the family. Staying anywhere else would be like booking a hotel. You can do that anywhere.
Gary Juenke

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Peace River, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2013

To start on a positive note, the staff is very friendly and helpful. I felt way more secure there than when I stayed at Quality Inn (formerly Stardust.) The complimentary breakfast is very good. Rooms are clean and homey. However, I am very allergic to most scented products so I find it really hard staying in this hotel. I have to use extra doses of Benedryl if I stay there. Sheets and towels are way too scented and make whole room hard for me to breath in. They have to really back off on what detergent and cleaning products they use and recognize that some people have severe allergies to scented products. I have to bring my own pillows and blankets if I say there, but that only marginally helps. Set up in room does not work well at all for business trips. I need to use the wired connection since I need it for business purposes as it is more secure than wireless. But, I have to stand at the kitchen counter to work on my laptop as there is no desk and the cord does not reach the table. I also feel the rooms are way over priced for what you get. Based on the name of the hotel and the rate, I was expecting something way better the first time I stayed there. Parking is very limited.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

While the economic realities of the North dictate a certain spartan approach, this hotel would do well in any southern location. The quality of the room, the bedding, the added touches and amenities, (table cloths!) the quiet location, the community fitness center right next door, (free passes available), all add up to a very pleasant stay. Complimentary breakfast was nice and relaxing, the service overall was very, very attentive. Not at all what I have become used to in the North.

What a very pleasant surprise! It is definitely my "goto" place in High Level.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is located on a quiet street near downtown. It was exceptionally clean, has very quaint, tidy suites that would be perfect for any travellers needs. The staff are polite and helpful, it was a great stay. What else can I say about a perfect place?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 6 in High Level
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in High Level

Been to Executive House Suites Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!