“Better than Mcdonalds! That's for darn sure!”
Review of White Bull Cafe

White Bull Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“Better than Mcdonalds! That's for darn sure!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

You can always taste a meal made from scratch. Definitely a winning combination at the Whitebull cafe. Great tasting food, impeccable service, clean establishment and above all the nostalgic atmosphere. Hats off to the owner.
Thank for you for the wonderful experiences you continue to deliver and please continue your decade long Friday night specials of $5 burgers. I'll take 2 processed cheese slices please :)

Thanks again!

bullrest, Owner at White Bull Cafe, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Roberta
Thank you for the wonderful feedback,
It's nice to hear such a great review,
We are happy to hear your a big fan of our
Burgers and I too believe that any homemade
Burger specially ours is still better than
McDonalds. We hope to meet you the next
Time you choose to dine in our Cafe, have a
Great day!
Cheers

Edmonton, Canada
“"worth for money"”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

me and my freinds are there for cheese burger night, no where in alberta serve ,such a big portion of homemade burger for 5$ with fries, you won,t feel hungry after eating it.....thanks to the white bull.

bullrest, Owner at White Bull Cafe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Tom330
Thank you for joining us on one of our busiest nights of the week.
For a restaurant to launch such a cost efficient promotion it takes a lot of
hard work and long hours of prep time, My hardworking chefs take hours
to prep for an evening such as Friday's Cheeseburger Night. We are so happy to hear you enjoy the value of them and I see you also enjoy the huge portions.
We hope to see you next Friday and please come by and say hello, Im usually in the front
but I like to hang out with my chefs in the back, I feel like we are one big happy family and
they are my brothers.
Cheers
sam
Drayton Valley, Canada
“awesome food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had last night dinner in white bull cafe.all food was amazing,there making great special every day.

bullrest, Owner at White Bull Cafe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Fafayaji,
Thank you for the great compliment you took the time to write us on Tripadvisor,
We take so much time and effort to create our weekly specials, we are happy
to hear of your acknowledgement, and we again Thank you but I honestly
could not create any of those specials without the help of my Three great
red seal chefs. They are extremely talented and truly gifted. Ill Pass on your
feedback. Im sure they will be just thrilled.
We hope you say "Hi" the next time your in and we would love to meet.
Thank you for choosing The White Bull Café.
Cheers.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“very dissapointing”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My family and I went here because of its tripadvisor rating and I really regretted it. Drayton valley is a very small town and there isn't much variety. The service was okay and the restaurant was aesthetically pleasing but the food was terrible. I ordered their special for Friday nights and it was a $5 cheese burger. honestly McDonalds burgers are much tastier with better ingredients, I got processed cheese, with a bun that looked like they had just ran and got some dempsters from the grocery store. I expected for a restaurant that specializes or is known for burgers to have a special touch like actual cheese or a home made bun or something but it was super bland and my fries were not even salted and the burgers were definitely frozen not fresh. The most disappointing thing was that I was looking forward to this place and there is nothing worse than looking forward to a tasty meal then leaving dissatisfied and feeling sick.

4 Thank mklasse
bullrest, Owner at White Bull Cafe, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear MKLASSE;
First and Foremost, I wish to thank you for choosing us for your dining experience, We are very sad to hear that it was a disappointing one. I wish to clarify a couple of statements you've mentioned. Our great little town has over 30 places you could dine from including yes of course McDonalds,
which I think in a population of 7000+, 30 choices is quite a bit of variety. Over a decade ago, the White Bull Café begin the Friday night special of a Homemade Cheese Burger, Fries & Gravy for $5, to give our regulars a break from overspending on one of the busiest nights in any restaurant. Its been nothing but great feedbacks from all families, whom can dine a group of four people for $20, We don't have a freezer for our burgers, we only stock fries that come in frozen, Our Hamburger meat gets deliver twice a week fresh, and yes our buns are store bought from McGavins like any other restaurant. We do carry real Cheddar and Jumbo Kaiser buns but on Friday nights to help with our cost, we use Process Cheese and regular Hamburger buns. We don't salt our fries because there is gravy on top, and it would make your meal very salted. I really couldn't tell you where anyone in Alberta could dine for $5 a person, Not even McDonalds. Our Friday night promotion is one of our busiest one and Selling over 250 Burgers in a 3 hour period, it tells me we are doing something right. We thank you again for choosing us and to all our Trip Advisor Readers and our 3rd generation customers, We hope you return and give us a second chance to dine in our restaurant, and I the proprietor, Sam, will be more than happy to offer you and your family an evening on us, Making sure you get a Homemade Burger, Real Cheddar, some Home Fries & Our In house made gravy. If not McDonalds would love to hear your review here on Trip Advisor since they don't have any. See you Soon. thanks Again
Sam
Proprietor of The White Bull Café.
“Best place too eat in alberta!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I travel everywhere throughout alberta and since I found the white bull I have eaten here over 20 times and by far my favorite... over and over again

bullrest, Owner at White Bull Cafe, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Bridger87
In life we are all allowed favorites, but to rated yours just makes our day! thank you for
choosing us as your favourite restaurant, it sure makes it worth while getting up everyday and
coming to work. Have a great day and thank you for making ours...from the staff at The White Bull Café.