“Comfortable bed and great service at Lakeview!”

Lakeview Inns & Suites - Drayton Valley
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Drayton Valley
Edmonton, Canada
“Comfortable bed and great service at Lakeview!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, and was very happy, Oh! and the beds are extra comfy! , and the room was clean. The front desk staff are nice and courteous. They have a restaurant and a lounge which is very good, so i can order it from my room, and I loved their food, it's yummy! The breakfast buffet was awesome! I'm so pleased with their great service!, it made me feel like home, which made my stay wonderful. Keep it up! I will recommend this to my friends, and I will be back.

Room Tip: rooms facing south have a nicer view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Honey123605
LakeviewDV, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Drayton Valley, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Honey123605,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review that you posted here on Trip Advisor. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guest felt at home away from home. We take great pride in the providing exceptional service to all our wonderful guests. I will be sure to pass your kind words to the wonderful staff that make this all possible. If ever in the area it would be a pleasure welcoming you back.

1 780 542 3200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I didn't stay at the hotel, but the restaurant has been renamed Roustabouts. the food quite simply was fresh, delicious and authentic. I had lunch and had the best turkey club sandwich I have ever tasted. You new from the first bite, real roast turkey, great cheddar cheese, crisp tasty bacon.

I went back for dinner and had the Butter Cicken as a customer of mine told me to try it. It did not disappoint. It was as a large portion of rice, garlic nan, and butter chicken. The sauce was great! Keep up the good work...I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Luncheo
Dear Luncheo,

Thank you so much for review on our restaurant. Our Chef Rushi takes great pride in his work, and a result the excellent food that comes out is simply amazing. As the New GM of the Lakeview Inns & Suites in Drayton Valley, AB i'm completely honoured to all be part of such an amazing team. Thank you again for your kind words. It would be a pleasure welcoming you back on your next visit.

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

We stay at lake views whenever possible, as they have incredibly comfy beds!! Clean rooms, staff was average. It did smell a bit of smoke in the hallways but you could not smell it in our room. The breakfast was okay, they had bacon, sausages, pancakes, French toast, potatoes, eggs, bread, bagels, yogurt. Plus you can order from the menu if you wish. The eggs were the only thing not very good. The staff in the breakfast room was very friendly and helpful. I would also say the parking lot was not meant for cars, huge holes, and big drop off to get in and out. Overall the I would recommend, the beds and clean rooms are so worth it!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Carla S,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule in posting a review on Trip Advisor. It's was a pleasure hearing that you are such a loyal guest of Lakeview Hotels. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the services we provide. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the wonderful staff that make this all possible. If ever in the area it would be a pleasure welcoming you back.

Winnipeg
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at Lakeview for 2 weeks in March 2012. I was there for business and this was pretty much the only hotel that had any rooms so our company booked here. Looked ok from the website. I have to start off with that the staff were very friendly and that is about the only good thing.
My bed was in the basement (room 145) at the very end of the hallway. I was getting into bed the first night to two red ants in my bed... i tried to get past that and enjoy my stay. You can hear EVERYTHING while you sleep, i could barely hear my television as the people above me just walking around made so much noise (this went on the entire visit).
The room was barely cleaned every day, i dont think they vacuumed my floor at all the entire 2 weeks, and they cleaned the bathroom but not well. They did not replenish my shampoo and conditioner every day (until the last few days of my stay) and one day they gave me lotion instead of conditioner.
I felt dirty being there. I had a chair in my room that had a nasty stain that i would never touch or sit on, and there was a couch in the hallway between the basement hallways that had a nasty stain too.
Every time i would put my key card in the door, red ants would come out of the hold in the door... yuck. now i know, bugs can be everywhere, but this just further proves that they do not clean this place well. To top it off, i ended up getting ringworm which i know i contracted there because i got it about 5 or 6 days into staying there and it hadn't gone away. I thought it was a normal rash, but i had no idea what ringworm is until I had this rash for a month and went to a doctor!
The food - less than average. Breakfast was bland, nothing special. I am not saying it was bad, but id rather go to timmies for breakfast. I guess for free, it was good. I ate there twice for dinner and it was less than average, probably the worst place i ate at while i was there.
And is roomservice supposed to knock on your door at 7:30 in the morning? I have always known them to clean when everyone is likely out of their rooms! I was woken up every morning to them knocking on my damn door!

Overall, i rate this as a 1 but only because the staff were friendly. NEVER would i stay there again, but NEVER will i be in drayton valley anyways.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lori B,

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay at our property. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise challenges you experienced. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Alberta
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Nice clean hotel with excellent free breakfast buffet. My family and I felt very welcomed here by all the staff from Housekeepers, front desk and restaurant!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank flamesfan_15
Dear flamesfan_15,

Thank you for posting such kind words on Trip Advisor. It's a real pleasure hearing that you enjoyed all the services and staff here at the Lakeview Inns & Suites. I will be sure to pass your wonderful post to all the great staff that make this all happen. If ever in the area it would be a pleasure welcoming you back.

High Prairie, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Room smelled of urine yet manager said nothing was wrong. Would have helped to have a window that would open!
If you must stay here, get a room on the very top floor, otherwise you will hear when someone above you moves around as the floor creaks, cracks, etc. with every step, and quite loudly!
After waking up on the first morning, the tub on narrow end side was dirty with hair and soap scum, the second day was fine as was the third.
The only positive aspect was that the staff were very polite.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Aklak
Dear Aklak,

Thank you so much for the review you posted here on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry to hear of the disappointments you encountered on your 1st night stay with us. It is our goal to exceed all our guests expectations. I so do apologize for the unmemorable issues you had with us. I can assure you that your comments have been address and will help us to never make these simple mistakes again. If ever in the area it would be a pleasure welcoming you back to our wonderful hotel.

Calgary, AB
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We recently stayed at the Lakeview Inn; other wise know to the locals as the Black Gold Inn. We were in town for the weekend to participate in Drayton's annual "Thunder in the Valley" airport drag racing event (very cool) and pre-booked this hotel due to the previous positive rating. It's an older hotel, but the rooms are clean & spacious. Tracy at the front desk is very pleasant, helpful and a great sence of humor. We unfortunately we didn't have a chance to try the free complimentary breakfast. We will defiantly stay their next year!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AffordableComm
Dear AffordableComm,

Thank you for your wonderful review here on Trip Advisor. It's a real treat hearing that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We do hope that you make it back here next year and try our wonderful breakfast buffet. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the wonderful front desk staff. We look forward in seeing you again in the future.