“First time stay was great”

Service Plus Inns & Suites Drayton Valley
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Drayton Valley
Red Deer, Canada
“First time stay was great”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had an emergency meeting in Drayton Valley last week and didn't book any room in advance; I didn't know Drayton Valley was so busy this time of year. We were done late and all rooms were booked, I was turned down by Holiday Inn and Super 8. Drove around town and found my luck in Service Plus. Arlene, the front desk agent was so friendly and helpful. She was able to fit me it, just my luck that she got a cancellation 5 minutes before I walked in their hotel. The hotel is very clean, the WiFi in the room is crappy but they lend me an Ethernet cable for my laptop which worked great, very good continental breakfast with eggs, sausage and bacon. Over all stay is great, I would be back for sure and will tell my colleagues about this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have been playing in a ball tournament in Drayton for 8 years now and have stayed at ServicePlus. They have always been accommodating with all the stuff that goes with a group booking!! The rooms are always clean - beds very comfy. The free breakfast is good quality food and the price is right!! Having the Kahal Restaurant just next door makes this the perfect corner in Drayton.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diamondone1999
Calgary
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed for two nights at this hotel while on a business trip. Normally when in Drayton Valley I prefer to stay at the Foxwood. I've always had a good experience there. The Service Plus was booked for me so I thought I'd go with the flow and try it out.

The staff was very friendly and check in was extremely fast. I got a room on the main floor so I was worried I'd hear nothing but trucks starting up early in the morning but fortunately I was on the non-parking lot side of the hotel. Yay me!

The room itself was very plain and lackluster. It had two queen beds, a desk and a fairly nice flat screen TV. The beds were unfortunately hard and not nearly as comfortable as the beds at the Foxwood. They did give me lots of pillows though and they weren't your usual "flat-as-pancakes" pillows, so that was good. The room was warm and had everything I needed, that was what counted. Although the bath towels seemed quite small and I found I had to use all three that were provided.

The gym was pretty much a joke. It had two treadmills, one of which was out of order. The working one had seen better days. It was noisy and made a banging noise with every step I ran. The gym also had an elliptical machine as well as a multi-purpose weight machine.

They had the standard complimentary, continental breakfast that most hotels now offer. It was okay and again did the trick but it wasn't as good as some when it comes to variety and quality.

The one thing that made this hotel stand out was on Wednesday nights they had the "Manager's Social Night". If you go the pub next door, called Khal's, the manager would show up from 7:00 - 8:00 and buy you two drinks and give you access to a ton of free appy's! I was glad I was there on a Wednesday night!

All in all, this hotel was okay but I don't think I would go back unless I had no other choice. And in Drayton Valley, it is extremely busy with the oil and gas industry right now, so I might have to take whatever I can get. All the hotels are booked solid in that busy, little, friendly town.

Room Tip: Try to get off the ground floor if you can. As well try to stay on the non-parking lot side of the h...