“Doable for 1 night pit-stop”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Didsbury Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Didsbury B&B and Inns
Kitchener, Canada
“Doable for 1 night pit-stop”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not worth anywhere near the room rate charged. This hotel is doable for somewhere to lay your head for a night but wouldn't recommend for any longer than that. We had a room in the basement so no view, creepy and kind of dingy. Dated furnishings and bedding. Bed wasn't great for my back. Pillows are thin and worn. Air Conditioner/heater is noisy and old but works. The "Toast" bar breakfast is simply that; toast and bagels. The orange juice provided is actually cheap orange punch. I had the last cup of coffee half an hour prior to breakfast service ending and it wasn't refreshed. Room size is okay. Bathroom was semi-clean. If you don't look around the room too much you'll be fine, lol. Best part: free passes to the pool and hot tub at the Rec Center behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms may possibly be better on the main or upper level. Avoid the rooms in the basement.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tdmatte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The most disgusting place I have ever stayed! Very dirty, stained carpets, walls and sheets. Mold in the fridge and bathroom. Broken air conditioners in the halls. Told all guests have to share an iron so I could only have it for ten minutes. As a female I wouldnt feel safe stayin here on my own. Just gross and very weird. Stay in olds and drive in!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Nurse239
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here but will never again. Sheets were clean and bathroom was clean but everything else was very dirty and stained. The big black hair stuck in my facecloth that I discovered after washing my face was the last straw. Gross. Also couldn't seem to get a decent temperature with the heater and when turning the knob the whole front fell off and we couldn't get it back on, then I noticed a wire just hanging there too. I think with a paint job and getting some new furniture would make all the difference in the world and some things looked at. We made the best of it but will never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Neverpassupafreemeal
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The one positive review for this place is dated 2004 - I too would have given it a good rating back then. In 2012 - it's become a nightmare. First of all, it is now the Didsbury Country Inn, having dropping it's affiliation with Super 8 a number of years ago. The condition of the hotel has deteriorated a lot over the years, as have the cleaning standards. The state of our room we checked into was appalling - dirty carpet, dirty lamp shades, unclean toilet, soap scum on tiles/tub. We asked for a clean room and were moved next door but the room was just as bad. Even the 20 year old TV barely works with a constantly blue tint to the picture. We stayed 3 days and even their cleaning during our stay was poor. They used our own bags we had in the room to line the garbage can and failed to re-stock the toilet paper. Oh, and they charged our credit card for the entire stay when we checked in... now I know why.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before paying for it - you may change your mind
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Its-my-Island-Canada
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 29, 2004

Last September we stayed at this hotel with several of our relatives and occupied most of the rooms. The people were friendly and the service was great.
The place had easy access although it was not totally accessible as there were three or four steps to climb to be on the main floor. I had requested the main floor because I have trouble with climbing stairs.

• Stayed January 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Didsbury Country Inn? Share your experiences!