All reviews sawmill restaurant main building very nice hotel bed was comfortable liquor store hot tub highly recommend this hotel sausage in town king suite rooms were very clean no issues front desk staff lounge annex alberta
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is my second time to be here and I am still satisfied with the service. The same Sawmill restaurant, quality food and excellent service and happy people. The breakfast was improve, it has a lot of choices from cold food to hot food. The internet speed was ok. the people at the front desk was so helpful and friendly. I am not good in names but some of the staff still new. I will be back n January 2014. I hope you have a room service by then.

Room tip: ask for a new building.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Boyet B
Akash P, Manager at Best Western Cold Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 780-594-4888.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Was woken up every night with a sound in between the walls and the staff could care less to fix it or move us. Don't bother trying to eat a reasonably priced meal...hotel restaurant is extremely expensive. You can go to the lounge and order properly priced food, but then you have to eat it back in your room on your bed if you have kids. Apparently it's kid-friendly (water slide, etc) until it's time to eat.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Our restaurant is part of the Sawmill Prime Rib & Steakhouse franchise with specific rules and procedures regarding the dining room and lounge. It does seem silly that you can't order from the lounge menu when seated in the dining room, but the staff are simply following what was specified by the franchise. They offered you the option of take-out, which has worked well for some of our hotel guests. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding your frustrating experience to the Sawmill District Manager.

I am sorry for the noise that disturbed you in your room. We first learned of the dripping noise when you reported it in the evening of August 30th. I had offered to send someone up to investigate when you called, but you had said you would let us know as it only happens periodically. When you called later in the evening, our Assistant Manager went up, but didn't hear anything. We had offered to move you that evening to the only 2 remaining rooms (415 and 317) that we had available that night, but you declined as you couldn't move far from your kids who were in room 400. If we had other rooms available that evening we would have certainly moved both rooms so you could be close together, but we couldn't as the rooms were occupied. In the morning of Aug 31st, I learned that the dripping occurred again that disturbed your sleep. Another room opened up that was close to room 400, as a result we were able to move you for the last night. Since your departure, we have requested a roofer and a contractor come and investigate, but given how busy Cold Lake is, they have not been able to make it to the hotel yet. We have asked our guests who stayed in 404 since your departure to advise us immediately if they are disturbed by noise in that room. To date, no guests have reported any noise. If the roofer and/or contractor discover the source of the noise, I will certainly let you know.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here during August, whilst attending a friends wedding. The hotel was very nice, as you'd hope with a new hotel. The staff seemed courteous and the room was excellent (King Suite).
Everything was cleaned to a very high standard and the bar attached was a great place for an evening drink.

My only disappointment would be the breakfast. It really was below the quality you'd expect for Best Western. It was all edible, just things like over cooked pancakes, a waffle iron in need of a sever clean and a lack of selection within an hour of breakfast starting, let it down.

Nevertheless, great hotel & if I return to Cold Lake I'd definitely consider returning.

Room tip: The King Suites are magnificent!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Suites are quite nice, very modern and roomy. Just wish they had a pull-out sofabed! The hotel is easy to find in Kent. Kent however, is just a bit far for Seattle, if you are doing the commute. Otherwise, the hotel rooms were clean. The free breakfast was quite decent. The waffle maker was getting all the attention. if I had to stay in the Kent area again, this would be a place to strongly consider, given the value and clean/modern rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed August 23, 2013

When I was checking in, the front desk was very helpful. She made sure that all my needs was accommodated.. they are very friendly.. the housekeeper that was cleaning my room was also very nice.. my husband and i ate in the restaurant for dinner.. great food.. omg! i love their steak and lobster.. awesome!!!! so my total experience was great.. i will really recommend this hotel to my friends and families.. thanks best western cold lake.. you guys are the best!!! :)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mark L, Manager at Best Western Cold Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Akash Patel