Lakeland Inn
Dockside Inn(Cold Lake)
All reviewscomfortable staytapsloungeamenitiesproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Clean room, well kept, professional front desk staff. felt like a hostpital room everything was white - walls, furniture etc. heat worked and bed was comfy so that's what really counts. Complimentary breakfast off the menu not bad either. Good value if you don't mind a cheap looking room.

It did smell a bit of cigarette smoke though...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel is situated in the heart of the city, across from the bus station, there is a grocery store across the street and and PBS and 2 restaurants on site. Full hot breakfast was included in the overnight stay

Room Tip: Ask for the executive suites
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Allanshark
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here In June 2013 and when i booked they told me they had a Wheelchair accessible room available and it was there last room left. I asked them if it had a wheel in shower and they said yes so I said great i will take it. When i went in the room Thursday night they it had bars around the toilet which was good but they had a bathtub. Well since i am Paraplegic I cant use a bath tub I can only use a roll in shower so I called up to the office and they said they had NO roll in shower rooms. They just built a very large addition in the last 10 years and they couldn't be bothered to add a couple full handicap Wheelchair accessible rooms, even worse the Alberta government doesn't enforce this. I couldnt get another room in town now as it was Maple Flag so I stayed in the room. When i went to check out on the Sunday I asked to talk to the Manager when he came up he was very rude and gruff he acted like i shouldn't be bothering him that his time was way more important to him. I asked him if he could give me a good deal on the room since i stayed 3 nights and had to do the sponge bath thing which was almost degrading that the hotel cant be bothered to build a correct adaptable room (government will reimburse you for the extra cost even). He gave me $30 dollars off the room after staying 3 days woopie do. Some of the hotel seems old and run down, restaurant was ok but the food was very expensive, a lot better food and prices else where. I rate this one star and I would rate it even lower just because of the manager's attitude. In a business like this Customer service is the most important.

Room Tip: Stay away if you are handicap
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mike H
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was an average hotel stay for us. The room was okay and it had somewhat old decor and it was a bit chilly. We liked staying here because we come to Cold Lake to do errands and because the restaurant next door has NTN Trivia. Unfortunately they got rid of NTN and we were sad, so probably would not come stay here otherwise in the future!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stay here when in town for business. Front desk staff very pleasant and efficient. Rooms are not fancy, but clean and comfortable. Full breakfast was included in the fair price, especially for a oil boom town. Restaurant and dining room, Sports Pub, gym facility, and business center.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business