“BLOOD ON THE MIRROR”

Cardston Flamingo Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cardston
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I recently traveled to Cardston to see the Theatre Productions in town with a few friends. I was astounded at the cheap price, but I should have seen that as a forwarning of the terrors that awaited me at the motel. The initial smell upon entering our room was one of must. I realized that I wasn't in a city with a lot of choices for accommodations so I let the dated furniture and kitchen slide. I went to the bathroom to put away my toiletries and was surprised to see that the mirror was dirty. I looked at the puzzlingly splattered stain and realized that it was A HUGE BLOOD STAIN on the mirror. As a group of younger females we were immediately freaked out and began to worry every time that we entered our room. The room remained humid all day (even when we turned on the air conditioning and opened the window). The carpets were filthy and the beds were terribly uncomfortable, but worst of all even after I phoned the front desk twice regarding the bloody mirror nothing was done. If you are planning a trip to Cardston I would stay at a different establishment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mollierisa

Reviewed June 28, 2011

We went as a group of runners doing the Waterton to Glacier Relay. This hotel was perfect...queen beds in separate rooms, coffee and refrigerators in the room. We loved it. The price was just right!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Runningslug
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I made reservations at the Flamingo Inn for our team the night before the Waterton-Glacier Relay. Race organizers and some of these reviews scared three of our members off to another motel, but the rest stayed true and I'm glad we did. It is a small town motel, perfectly clean, not fancy in the least, no spa shower head or down comforters. But it worked for us and I would stay there again -- no problems. Beds were clean, towels were clean, carpet is old but so is mine at home. This is not the Marriott but it never pretended to be. I'd recommend it to anyone I know going to Cardston. Give them a break -- the Flamingo Inn is just FINE !!!!
Especially like how the rooms were kind of sectioned off since we have a mixed gender team, and also appreciated the microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank 406Chick
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We have stayed here several times over the past few years due to the lack of available rooms downtown at the only decent place to stay in Cardston. The rooms are disgusting. They were filthy, smelled terrible, poor quality beds, carpets ripped and torn, dead flies, mould around the tub and shower. There will never be a next time. Gladly drive another thirty minutes to stay somewhere clean.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank manyee63
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The receptionist was friendly. We rented a room with 2 double beds and a kitchen. The room was spacious and the bathroom was big for a motel and clean. There was TV/DVD player combo which was a definite plus. The towels were white and looked very clean. The carpet looked dirty, but it was not since I always walked in the room with bare feet which were not black at bedtime. In conclusion, I am rating a family-run MOTEL, not a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank AnthonyBernini
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Kind of motel you never wished to be.I booked two nights for a trip in Glacier national park in Montana and Waterton lakes and Cardston was a good base for these trips. This motel is at the end of town but this is the smallest problem, the place is disgusting filthy rooms,stained carpets ,dust all over.Has a swimming pool too never bother to try after seeing the rooms.I wouldn’ t stay again even if they pay me to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank gigiduru
Reviewed May 27, 2010

May 27, 2010 Don't go there, unless you take a carpet shampooer
By a Yahoo! Local user
To say the least, very nasty rooms, floors you wouldn't want to walk on with muddy boots. Staff waited for us which was nice, but the rooms where totally disgusting and the clientele we saw was less than desirable!!! Book a room at the South Country Inn as it's the newest, cleanest, friendliest and handiest. There are only 3 motels to choose from in town and the other one apparently is as bad if not worse as the Flamingo as people indicated they got bed bug bites there!!
Hide Full Review

To say the least, very nasty rooms, floors you wouldn't want to walk on with muddy boots. Staff waited for us which was nice, but the rooms where totally disgusting and the clientele we saw was less than desirable!!! Book a room at the South Country Inn as that's the only decent choice in Cardston. Only 3 motels to choose from and this one and the other one both are really disgusting. The South Country Inn is clean, modern and staff are really great.

• Stayed: May 2010
3  Thank dalara2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardston
The Outpost Motel
Bear Country Inn and Suites
Bear Country Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Mountain View
Montana's Duck Lake Lodge

Been to Cardston Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!