“North Nofolk Gem”

The Green House B&B
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Wow I really did not believe qaulity and service this good was available in Britain today.
This trip was a surprise belated anniversary treat for my wife, we were shown to our room by Alan who explained the essentials qiuckly and in a very freindly way and left us with the menu for dinner. Now we have paid an awfull lot of money for dinner not far away from here and I would suggest that those restraunters go and stay with Liam and Alan and learn how food should be cooked. We have eaten in fine eateries the world over and never had better than we ate from Alans kitchen.
Our room was immaculate and had a supremely comfotable bed, beakfast was up to the standard of dinner.
We normally leave an establisment such as this noting that something could be improved in this case we were unable to find anything.
By the way i am not related to the owners but feel that service such as this should be noted.
Many thanks guys for a fantastic evening will be back soon

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tony D
LiamNorfolk, Owner at The Green House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Well what can I say, apart from Thank you for the special comments folks! Thanks for the great feed back, all we are trying to do is provide a simple B&B where people can relax and enjoy themselves, unwind and feel comfortable, it is good to know we are on the right lines!
Many thanks.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This is the best bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in. Liam and Alan are excellent hosts. Their attention to detail both in the design and decor of the stunning building and the service they provide is excellent. We stayed in the King Suite which exceeded our expectations. We were so comfortable in the large suite, enjoyed the top quality bathroom and slept well in the comfortable bed. Breakfast was truely memorable. Again, so much attention to detail and thought in putting together a comprehensive menu and sourcing the ingredient parts, including lovely homemade lemon marmalade. Liam and Alan have thought of everything and as a result we had an amazing and thoroughly enjoybale stay. We fully intend to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony K

Thanks for the great comments folks, glad all went well for your stay and that you enjoyed our facilities, unfortunately we have run our of the home made lemon marmalade for the moment! But it will soon be Strawberry time again! Roll on summer!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times on business, I love staying here because they are so friendly and easy going. Their service is amazing the first time I visited they had swapped me into a room with a bath incase I fancied a bath (I am a woman after all) also they had pre bought dinner as they were cooking for others for me because they knew I was a lone traveller probably on business. Then when I didnt wake up to my alarm they came knocking on my door to make sure I had drowned in the amazing bathtub! The rooms are lovely and these two guys really make the experience an all rounder it wouldn't be The Green House B & B without them! Dinner is infront of a lovely open log fire and feels very cosy. The food they serve is AMAZING its alot better than what I have had in most hotels or even restaurants for that matter! I'm sure that if some guests could they would come just for a meal because it really is that good! They cannot do enough to help you or make your stay one to remember. I will definetely be a regular visitor on my business trips to Norfolk :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for the wonderful comments, glad we are making your trips comfortable. Perhaps we should add room wake up calls to our list of services! Cheers for now!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Having stayed before we decide to revisit with a friend. What a fantastic time we had. The first thing that strikes you is the friendliness of the owners, they really go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. The place is spotless and the décor alone is worth a visit. Rooms are very comfortable and extremely well appointed and we have a dog which was well looked after by both owners!.
I have been fortunate in business to have eaten at top restaurants throughout the world but the food is too die for here and cooked to perfection. In some respects I hate to write a good review here as I want to go back again and again and to run the risk of not be able to get in due its popularity would be disappointing.
Its well worth a visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
LiamNorfolk, Owner at The Green House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thanks for the wonderful comments folks, it is lovely to get the great feed back, see you again soon. P.S Millie dog says hi!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Liam and Alan were superb hosts. I arrived mid week for business, I was welcomed and shown to my room very quickly. The room and decoration throughout is stunning and Liam and Alan have very good taste. I was hungry and decided to eat, I regularly eat in the Ivy and Savoy and was blown away by the quality of food and service. What I most enjoyed about my stay was the fact that I could relax and unwind in a beautiful and unique setting. I will certainly be recommending the Green House to friends and family, moreover will be returning (if there it isn't booked up) for future business trips.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark F
LiamNorfolk, Owner at The Green House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Many thanks for the review, great to get the compliments, see you again when you are back this way again.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Did not want to leave. Fabulous service and welcome; the owners think of details and special touches that make a stay here fabulous. Friendly, stylish, warm, relaxed and tranquil. And breakfast was heaven. Lovely owners; can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All rooms fab and unique. Would love to stay at the suite one day.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H753

Thanks folks, see you on the return leg!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Liam and Alan pulled out all the stops to give me a fantastic 60th Birthday - even down to closing the dining room to other guests (they were well catered for in the Lounge!) so that we could have a romantic meal for two. A superb menu with smoked salmon parcels, Chinese Water Deer venison (as the Queen has) and creme brulee. We even started with a bottle of fizz on the house. These two guys run a fabulous establishments - not to much a B&B more a home from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurelie P

Thank you, we are glad we were able to be apart of your celebrations, congrats on that magical age!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thorpe Market
Dairy Barns Bed & Breakfast
White House Farm
White House Farm
#1 of 5 in Hindolveston

Been to The Green House B&B? Share your experiences!