New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Williston, North Dakota
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had in my life. First of all when I called for room two months before staying at this hotel they told me it would be $89 a night. When I got there with they decided they were going to charge me $179 a night. When I tried talking to the manager he wanted nothing to do to try to make things right now keep in mind I had booked 6 rooms. Also the rooms were absolutely the nastiest rooms I've ever stayed in. I wouldn't suggest this hotel to anyone spend the extra money you will be happy you did. This super 8 is a poor representation of the brand and should be taken away from the current owners.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
kim g, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Minot, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Daniel,
We apologize that your stay was not what you expected . We are regularly updating the property, for example we have repainted and have new carpet. We would appreciate it if you would return and stay with us again soon.
Safe Travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

After checking in we went to our room. It was very dated, which was not the problem it was the cleanliness. We pulled back the covers and found hair and crumbs in the beds. We went to request a different room. After much hesitation she did finally give us another room. We went to check this room out. It smelt like urine as soon as you opened the door. The beds were a bit cleaner but not much. After leaving the room the manager corned my mom, myself and my 3 kids and yelled as us because we complained about the cleanliness. Made excuses and said it was because it was the dog room. Why put us in that room then we had no pets. He had no issue yelling at us in front of his other customers. Upon phoning super 8 customer service to let them know what happened they inform us they are going to contact the manager to fix the problem. Are you kidding me, my mom, myself and my kids are already scared of him then you want to add more fuel to the fire. NO THANKS!! Horrible horrible experience!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Hello Alemay
We apologize that your stay was not what you expected . We are regularly updating the property, for example we have repainted and have new carpet. We are working with housekeepers to be more attentive. We would appreciate it if you would return and stay with us again soon.
Safe Travels,

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels