“Very nice.”

Northern Plains Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Arrived here on October 18th and was promptly checked in. After a long drive the previous 36 hours, I needed a shower, and a nap, in that order. I was able to do both and got up to go next door to the Applebees, which is literally within 100 feet of the hotel. Room was comfortable and had everything I needed. WiFi seemed to work just fine as well. Slept like a baby, which is quite important for a hotel. Breakfast was a Continental type, with eggs and bacon also available. Quite a lot of food available as well. Being that this is Minot, ND, and gets quite cold in the winter, this hotel does have electrical hookups outside on the exterior poles, for engine block heaters. We diesel owners can and do appreciate this!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Minot. We really do appreciate your business and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure when we can deliver on the promise of a clean, comfortable stay. We hope to see you again soon. Travel safe.

There are newer reviews for Northern Plains Inn

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel decor nice and bed comfortable. We were tired so having a restaurant outside the door was convenient also. Rooms were warm and we didn't have a way to adjust the temp. since the thermostat didn't help to turn down and air conditioners were covered already with it being October. Nice continental breakfast set up and variety.

Room Tip: Large hotel and elevator on the back side of hotel so if room close to lobby you walk up stairs..nic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

My staff and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay! It is always nice to get feedback especially when the guest has a pleasant experience. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and please be assured that we will continue to do everything we can to provide a quality stay for you and our other guests. Should you stay again and need the air conditioner uncovered please let the desk know and we will be happy to remove the cover for you. We want your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We traveled to Minot for a weekend shopping getaway and the Comfort Inn was the perfect fit! We were surrounded by options for dinner and the mall was walking distance from the hotel. The hotel offered an extensive continental breakfast and rooms were exceptionally clean and very comfortable. We can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Acacia K
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

I would like to thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Minot. I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our staff. We take pride in the services we offer and are happy to hear we delivered a enjoyable experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here on 2 separate nights in September. 1st trip I would give 5 stars. Both stays the rooms were clean which is the main concern for motels in this price range. The second stay we had a diesel truck running half the nite outside our room which is not the hotels fault but we had an extremely noisy ice mschine which is. We did pay $35 more for the 2nd stay as we only booked 3 days in advance even though the rooms were identical.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Minot Comfort Inn. It is comments such as yours that help us to improve upon the services we offer. I will make sure to let our housekeeping department know that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your rooms. I do apologize for the disturbance you experienced on behalf of the truck but especially due to the ice machine. Should you choose to stay with us again in the future I will try and block your room away from the ice machines. I will also have our maintenance look at the machine in question to see if there is anything we can do to quiet the noise. Thank you again for your input. May all your future travels be safe and enjoyable.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Clean room, nice towels & bedding. Air conditioner worked just fine. Quiet. Enjoyed the hot tub but high chlorine odor. Breakfast was adequate. Excellent location! Staff at front desk were friendly and helpful. This is the hotel we will continue to stay in when coming to Minot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn of Minot. We appreciate your business and are happy you enjoyed your stay. We have just implemented a new bedding program and it was nice to hear your comments. We are looking at changes to our breakfast. Should you stay again I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy them. Thank you again for choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Minot for one night while in town on business. The hotel is older and if it has an elevator I did not see one; climbed three flights with my baggage. I had a room with one double bed. The room was clean but the air conditions (my, the room next to mine and the one in the hallway... Yes indoor hallway) and traffic from the street outside the highway frontage road was noisy. I used ear buds and music to get to sleep. Wifi was good. I didn't use the tv, pool or free breakfast so cannot comment on those. This hotel is located next to several restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I apologize that it was not the quality you expected or deserve. Being an older facility our rooms do have an older air conditioning system but this should not affect the sound quality. I appreciate your comments and will pass those comments not only onto our maintenance staff but our ownership. Maintenance will take a look at the unit in the room you stayed in and make the necessary repairs. We do have an elevator in the hotel but it is located on the opposite side of the building from your room. Please accept my apologies as we should have informed you of this or helped your with your bags. I hope that you will consider staying with us again should you visit the city of Minot in the future. Thank you again and travel safe.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The root cause of the reduced rate your staff has provided on this invoice was that on Friday the 9th that my wife and children were in the room when the “Do Not Disturb” sign was removed and the housekeeper attempted to enter. She had knocked twice and said “housekeeping” twice previous to entering, but the knocks and enunciations were so soft that they were not sure if it was our door or another that was being knocked on. Her entry was barred by the interior door lock.

I had originally described another similar incident to your desk staff regarding Tuesday the 6th, but apparently that did not happen and was only due to my misunderstanding and complete lack of sleep on Monday night. For this errant report you have my apologies.

Regardless of the errant report, the desk staff had mentioned a discount of 10% for the trouble. 10% of the cost of the stay seemed to be reasonable at the time and I left the office. The next day my wife went to check out and the staff was a bit confused on what to do. They promised to send an invoice by e-mail and we left.

The invoice arrived several minutes later with a 10% ($10.20) credit on one night. When I think about the thousands of dollars that I have spent in your hotel over the last few years and the additional dollars that have been spent by other people that I have brought there, this tiny correction is a bit of an insult.

Further consideration of the lack of proper ventilation of the pool area vapors, outdated overall facility and poor breakfast will cause me to re-think my Minot accommodations in the future.

Room Tip: Not bad if you need a room for utility. If you want amenities, keep looking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your input regarding your stay. I apologize again for any misunderstanding or inconvenience we caused you and your family during your stay. You are correct that the compensation for your stay was inadequate. You should have received a new invoice that same day reflecting a discount off of your entire stay along with notification that you were awarded additional reward program points for that stay. I forward another invoice reflecting your credit. Also, thank you for bringing the ventilation from the pool area to my attention. Please be assured that we will have maintenance take a look at our system. I do apologize that you did not receive the quality stay you have come to expect. The next time you are in the Minot area we would appreciate the opportunity to improve upon the services we offer. Thank you again for your comments and travel safe.