“Decent Place”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Minot
“Decent Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. Clean room, nice towels & bedding. Air conditioner worked just fine. Quiet. Enjoyed the hot tub but high chlorine odor. Breakfast was adequate. Excellent location! Staff at front desk were friendly and helpful. This is the hotel we will continue to stay in when coming to Minot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn of Minot. We appreciate your business and are happy you enjoyed your stay. We have just implemented a new bedding program and it was nice to hear your comments. We are looking at changes to our breakfast. Should you stay again I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy them. Thank you again for choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Minot for one night while in town on business. The hotel is older and if it has an elevator I did not see one; climbed three flights with my baggage. I had a room with one double bed. The room was clean but the air conditions (my, the room next to mine and the one in the hallway... Yes indoor hallway) and traffic from the street outside the highway frontage road was noisy. I used ear buds and music to get to sleep. Wifi was good. I didn't use the tv, pool or free breakfast so cannot comment on those. This hotel is located next to several restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I apologize that it was not the quality you expected or deserve. Being an older facility our rooms do have an older air conditioning system but this should not affect the sound quality. I appreciate your comments and will pass those comments not only onto our maintenance staff but our ownership. Maintenance will take a look at the unit in the room you stayed in and make the necessary repairs. We do have an elevator in the hotel but it is located on the opposite side of the building from your room. Please accept my apologies as we should have informed you of this or helped your with your bags. I hope that you will consider staying with us again should you visit the city of Minot in the future. Thank you again and travel safe.
Strout
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The root cause of the reduced rate your staff has provided on this invoice was that on Friday the 9th that my wife and children were in the room when the “Do Not Disturb” sign was removed and the housekeeper attempted to enter. She had knocked twice and said “housekeeping” twice previous to entering, but the knocks and enunciations were so soft that they were not sure if it was our door or another that was being knocked on. Her entry was barred by the interior door lock.

I had originally described another similar incident to your desk staff regarding Tuesday the 6th, but apparently that did not happen and was only due to my misunderstanding and complete lack of sleep on Monday night. For this errant report you have my apologies.

Regardless of the errant report, the desk staff had mentioned a discount of 10% for the trouble. 10% of the cost of the stay seemed to be reasonable at the time and I left the office. The next day my wife went to check out and the staff was a bit confused on what to do. They promised to send an invoice by e-mail and we left.

The invoice arrived several minutes later with a 10% ($10.20) credit on one night. When I think about the thousands of dollars that I have spent in your hotel over the last few years and the additional dollars that have been spent by other people that I have brought there, this tiny correction is a bit of an insult.

Further consideration of the lack of proper ventilation of the pool area vapors, outdated overall facility and poor breakfast will cause me to re-think my Minot accommodations in the future.

Room Tip: Not bad if you need a room for utility. If you want amenities, keep looking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your input regarding your stay. I apologize again for any misunderstanding or inconvenience we caused you and your family during your stay. You are correct that the compensation for your stay was inadequate. You should have received a new invoice that same day reflecting a discount off of your entire stay along with notification that you were awarded additional reward program points for that stay. I forward another invoice reflecting your credit. Also, thank you for bringing the ventilation from the pool area to my attention. Please be assured that we will have maintenance take a look at our system. I do apologize that you did not receive the quality stay you have come to expect. The next time you are in the Minot area we would appreciate the opportunity to improve upon the services we offer. Thank you again for your comments and travel safe.
West Fargo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, adequate breakfasts, right by the mall, and Applebee's right out the side door. What more could a person ask? I booked 2 rooms for a one-night stay, and we were all very satisfied. We didn't use the pool, but I noticed that it was being cleaned early in the morning when we were on our way to breakfast.

Room Tip: There is an elevator just inside the door that faces Applebee's. We found this very helpful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RedHawksFan
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn of Minot. We appreciate your business and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is comments such as yours that help us to improve upon the services we offer. Please be assured that I will share your experience with our staff. We look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Staff were very helpful and able to accommodate us at short notice, upgrading our room for no extra cost. Breakfast was provided and had a great variety. Would stay here again, walking distance to Applebee's for supper.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Minot. We appreciate your business and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to offer you the same quality stay the next time you visit the city of Minot. Travel safe and have a great day!
Barnesville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in a small pool-side suite with 4 adults and a young child. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and good breakfast choices. The room was clean, the beds and pull out sofa bed were comfortable and the whirlpool bath was nice. Would stay here again. The hotel was in walking distance of the mall, Applebees, and other popular restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank duckye
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your comments and look forward to sharing them with our staff. We here at the Comfort Inn work hard to supply a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Travel to Minot often for business and wanted to return to the Comfort Inn because their staff always makes me feel welcome. This time was no exception. Plus the hotel is also constantly changing. My room had brand new bedding and carpet and they just finished a pool renovation which looks great. What I'm most impressed by though is that they are now starting to mix up their breakfast! Minot has a lot of choices for hotels and I've tried a few but I already have my next trip booked at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Minot and thank you for your input. Guest service is a priority and its nice to know we're following up on that. As you mentioned our hotel is constantly striving to upgrade our services. How exciting for us for you not only to notice but to mention our changes in your review. Your input is greatly appreciated and should you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve our service please do not hesitate to let us know. We hope to see you each and every time you visit the Minot area. Thanks again and travel safe.