“Below average hotel !”

Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Monroe, Louisiana
“Below average hotel !”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This has been one of my worst hotel experiences. We had a party of 8 fly in for a wedding which happened to fall on fair week. We reserved three rooms with one needing to be handicapped. After arriving, we were told a handicap room was not available, nor was there an elevator in the lobby. It was all the way in the back of the hotel. We had to carry our luggage up 3 flights of stairs. The floors were filthy, I wore my shoes the entire time when walking on the carpet. Out of 5 nights, I had one luke warm shower. There is NO hot water. I even tried different times of the day. Still NO hot water. We were charged on the weekend nights $170.00 for a $79.99 room. Had it not been fair week, we all would have moved to a different hotel. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. The only plus is that it is in a good location next to the mall. My advice is to Stay someone else !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank football65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our room was filthy. The bathroom door had to be slammed in order to be closed properly. The carpet in the room was unbelievably filthy! We didn't dare walk on the floor without shoes. We kept them by the beds.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Yvonne L
Jo Ann V, Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I would like to apologize for the condition of the carpet in your room. We do have a preventative maintenance schedule for items such as carpet cleaning. I have no explanation as to why your particular room was obvioiusly overlooked on this schedule. I appreciate your comments and will make sure that we pay closer attention to our cleaning schedule. It will please you to know that the carpet is due to be replaced in all our rooms this fall. The bathroom door has also been replaced at this time. Once again please accept my apolgies. I hope where ever you travel in the future you have a pleasant stay.
Saskatchewan
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed there two nights in July. It was just OK. For the cost it would be better to go to the Days Inn where we have stayed before. Room a little shabby but the main problem was the air conditioner - so noisy we had trouble sleeping. Second night we turned it from the Energy saving setting to just "cool" which meant the unit never shut off. At least that kept the noise constant rather then waking us up when it came on every 12 minutes! I bought some ear plugs which helped a lot. Reported it to the front desk after the first night but nothing changed so not sure if maintenance looked at it or if they couldn't fix it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c0untrygal
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort inn for 2 nights in May 2012. We had reserved 2 rooms beside each other and got what we had requested. The location to the Mall is nice but for the cost difference I would probably go back to the Sleep Inn right at the Mall. It was about $25 more per night than the Comfort Inn. The continental breakfast was fine. The rooms we stayed in had very small bathrooms with the sinks on the outside of the washroom which made getting ready in the morning noisy for people still in bed. The rooms had 2 queen beds with a small loveset hide-a-bed and were a decent size. Plenty of coffee in the rooms as well. Many restaurants near the hotel. The photos show an arcade but when I asked about it at the front desk they said they never had one. I also asked the maid and she said she never recalls there being one as long as she has worked there. Pool is small and beds were a little bit hard also. Spend the extra and go to the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bojangles
Regina, SK
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my mom and sister for a little shopping getaway. Our room was fairly good size with two beds and a single pull out couch. The room was pretty standard, but a fridge and microwave and was very clean. The pool area was great and the hot tub a nice temperature. The breakfast was basic but good. Close to shopping and restaurants and no problem finding a parking spot for our truck. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hempingham
Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Front desk lady was very nice when I checked in....and also called our room to see if we needed anything after we'd checked in. Room was kinda small, but sufficient for just me, husband and son. We didn't use the pool or hot tub because when we stayed here before it was overly chlorinated.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephanie M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed here one night because my hotel of choice couldn't accomodate me for my entire stay in Minot. It's walking distance to Dakota Square (shopping) and several restaurants. My room on the 2nd floor was at the end of the hallway and was quiet and clean. The parking lot is all around the building and the driving lane is quite narrow - results in some congestion. The layout of the place resembles something that has been added onto over the years - lots of walking to get from one end to the other, but it is well-signed so just follow along.
There was a long line to check-in - several people ahead of me didn't have reservations and were in long discussions with both clerks about available nights, which credit card to use, etc. Pretty annoying when you have a res and a cc on file and just want your bloody key!
Breakfast room is down by the pool; it was clean and well-stocked with the standard motel breakfast.
Rooms are on the small side for 2 queen beds - four people would be tripping all over each other. Fine for 1 or 2 - good TV, microwave & refrig, decent desk.
3 Stories - 2 & 3 are up from the entrance level, 1 is down a half flight. There is one elevator for the whole place - just in case you need it to schlep your luggage.
I did not notice a chlorine-bleachy smell from the pool; I think that depends on the proximity of your room to the pool - and the weather. The hallways were clean and my room was clean.

Room Tip: Floors 2 & 3 at the south end (away from the pool) would be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business