“Needs a major overhaul...”
Review of Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Fargo, North Dakota
“Needs a major overhaul...”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

If you liked 1991, you will like this place! I read lots of reviews that talked about recent updates, but I must have completely missed them! Restaurant=super slow service (twice!) and feels like a time warp back to the early 90's. You really have to see it to believe. Prices were expensive too. Room was dingy (6th floor), poorly lit and had a number of maintenance issues including one of the beds and the bathroom. The one nice point is the large pool area and pool. Lots of room for gatherings along the perimeter of the pool. Almost forgot that we had to call maintenance as well because a breaker tripped when we turned on a lamp and dropped the power to our room! Pretty sure that wasn't supposed to happen!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Regina
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Our room was a good price, but it was a bit of a strange room experience. The room wasn’t that clean, and our toilet seat was very beet up, and damaged. They had a coffee maker, but only small plastic cups no coffee mugs. However, the hotel staff were decent, and the pool was great (could bring your alcohol drinks with you as long as they were not in glass containers). There was a 24 hour restaurant and the food was good and reasonable and nice wait staff. Finally there was a lounge in the hotel with $1 black jack (but they don't offer it on Sunday's). I am not sure if I would stay there again, I might want to check out the other hotels in the town. Happy Travels!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
brandon
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We traveled to Minot for the May long weekend. We stayed on the sixth floor away from the pool area. The room was clean and fresh. The section of the hotel we stayed in was being freshed up with new paint, but they were not painting on the weekend. The Sunday brunch was very tasty and well presented for a very reasonable price. The pool was certainly busy with several Birthday parties. A lot of families having a good time. There were no fresh towels in the pool area, so we used towels from our room, We would stay here again,

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Acton, MA
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I had to travel to Minot for business and stayed at the Grand International. Here are the positive things:
Close proximity to the airport
Large rooms
Nice flat screen tv in room with a lot of channels
Pretty good big breakfasts
Free internet

Minot ND does not have much to choose from in terms of accomidations so I'm not sure if you'll find anything much better there. I felt like the hotel was very outdated, it didn't look like much had been updated since the late 60's/early 70's. The bed in my room was like a pile of bricks; I like a firm mattress but this was taking it to new levels. Their "fitness center" was a joke; it's a hotel room emptied out with an old treadmill, bike, and eliptical in it. They also had some sort of old school universal machine that I wouldn't touch. The people who worked there really didn't go out of their way to provide service; their printer was out of toner in their business center when I went to print a boarding pass; they said they would get to it within a half hour and never even bothered fixing it at all.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels

Fargo, ND
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I gave this hotel a scathing review in September, 2009. I recently stayed here for one night and had a MUCH different experience. The renovations appeared to be complete, the staff at the front desk was professional and friendly, and the room was clean. My only complaint was the shower curtain smelled of mildew. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel to others, and that's a HUGE leap from my opinion a few months ago. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
chetwynd b.c.
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Stayed 2 nights in the newer,non smoking section. Room was lovely and beds and 3 chairs were very comfortable. Front desk people were all very knowledgeable and friendly and we were able to leave our car there when we went on an amtrak trip to Chicago. Would definately stay there again. The rate for Canadian visitors was $70.00 US per night - a great value.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reston, Manitoba
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I am writing this review quite a while after our stay, but I thought better late than never! We stayed in a suite at the Grand International, not only was the room amazing, we also got it at standard room price even further discounted as a canadian promotion, and all to our surprise when we checked in. The front desk staff was more than professional, the room was clean and comfortable. The kitchen is also open 24 hours! I highly reccomend this hotel if your visiting minot, just be sure to book a room on the grand side and not the express inn.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple