“Excellant Room, excellant service”
Review of Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reston, Manitoba
“Excellant Room, excellant service”
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I am writing this review quite a while after our stay, but I thought better late than never! We stayed in a suite at the Grand International, not only was the room amazing, we also got it at standard room price even further discounted as a canadian promotion, and all to our surprise when we checked in. The front desk staff was more than professional, the room was clean and comfortable. The kitchen is also open 24 hours! I highly reccomend this hotel if your visiting minot, just be sure to book a room on the grand side and not the express inn.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
North Dakota
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The foundation I work with had a room booked at this hotel through the end of State Fair week and the hotel was told that there would be a rotation of people in to the room, but that it would be occupied for the entire week. The first night I was there I was awakened at 12:30 AM by a loud knocking on the door--seems the front desk had rented to another guest. I called the front desk and informed them that I was in the room and that it would be occupied through Saturday night. They asked for my name, which I gave them, but I also stated that the room was be direct billed to the company. I was assured that it would be. The next morning, when I checked with the front desk, there had been a change of shift and there was no record of the events of the previous evening. I was again assured that the room was reserved through Saturday night and that it would be billed to the company. I stayed the next night (Friday) with no problem, but when my coworker tried to occupy it on Saturday night, he found that it had again been rerented. In addition, they now had the entire stay billed to me. They found him a room and got the billing corrected (I hope), but it was a hassle.

The room we had was in the "express" section of the hotel and was not very nice. The carpet was worn and not vacuumed well. The shower didn't drain (I hate that) and the toilet always made me hold my breath by filling to the top before it finally flushed--very close to a nasty situation. This hotel used to be a BW and was pretty good. Maybe the main section still is, but the Express leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed December 2, 2008

This is the best hotel to stay at in Minot. Its newly remodeled, has a large shutlle van for airport or train station, huge clean pool, 24 hour resturant (good food,reasonable prices), friendly staff. The others hotels were old, had less amenities, were more expensive and noisy!
Great for families - plenty of room and hotel is ok with 5 in room(we brought airbed and save $10 night rollaway charge). Even though there was no continental breakfast we paid less at Grand International than other places w/food included.
The only improvement that could have been made were the bathrooms down by the front desk. They needed some serious cleaning, but we just used our room.

• Liked — 24 hour resturant. Local resturants close at 10pm.
  • Disliked — dirty womens bathroom downstairs by front desk/lobby
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
roblin
Reviewed November 24, 2008

If you want clean,quiet.comfortable and quiet, this is the place. We have stayed in Minot many times and tried this hotel for the first time. We now have discovered a great place. The rooms are huge, the beds are awsome, the bathrooms are spacious and decorated nice throughout. This is the first time in a long time that I was not dissappointed walking into a hotel room. I am quite critical, so It was nice way to start a very relaxing weekend. I highly reccommed this hotel.

• Liked — Not being dissappointed in anything.
  • Disliked — It is bad to even say this, but the plasma tv in the sitting room could be six inches lower. That is it.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Saskatchewan
Reviewed November 10, 2008

The hotel is beautiful - newly renovated. We had a poolside room on the second floor. We could smell chlorine in the hall, but not in the room. It was a little annoying to hear the partying Saturday night and into Sunday morning, but it wasn't like we were right on the same floor. We got charged for something we ordered from room service that they were out of, but we didn't have to pay once we explained what had happened. A huge storm went through Minot the day before and the parking lot and roadway could have been cleared out better, but it was passable. We would stay there again, but ask for a room not overlooking the pool.

• Liked — The furnishings were new and clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — the pool noise
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Stayed here for two nights on business. Appreciated the quick and friendly shuttle from the airport. Received an early checkin. Didn't mind the poolside room despite the lack of privacy and chlorine smell. Obviously newly renovated room with free wireless internet, fridge, microwave. Unique memory foam mattress top was comfortable. Primo restaurant was better than OK but not the best. Lobby Lounge was smoky but nice. My nightly rate was less than I paid for one night parking in SF, CA.

• Liked — hot tub
  • Disliked — chlorine stench
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
ND
Reviewed May 29, 2008

We stayed at the International Inn in Minot the weekend of May 23rd, Memorial Day weekend and area Graduation Weekend. We have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and it is our hotel of choice when we come to Minot to visit family (about 2 or 3 times a year). We have always stayed on the Grand side and not the Express side - which is the economy side, cheaper decor but a cheaper rate per night as well, so I can't speak for that.

The rooms are recently remodeled and all include a frig and microwave which is nice.

We knew the pool area would be busy due to all the graduation parties that weekend. When we checked in, we were given a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool area. We have stayed in this location before and usually request to stay in another area due to the early morning noise. The hotel was pretty full this weekend so decided to just keep the room we were assigned. The pool area was lively during the evening hours and we enjoyed sitting in that area with friends and relatives too. However by 7:00 am the hotel staff were busy cleaning up the pool area, putting tables and chairs away, etc. The noise carries up and it is very noisy. Don't plan on getting any sleep once that process begins.

We will continue to stay at this hotel since the Primo has excellent food, and the pool area is one of the best in town, plus the rooms are always nice and clean. We will however make sure we don't have a room close to the pool area.

One other nice perk they offer is their frequent stay program. They give you a card upon request and after each night's stay they will fill in the information. After 6 nights stay, you get one free night.

• Liked — Nice rooms, good food
  • Disliked — early morning noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple