“Great Softball weekend!”
Review of Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend at this hotel for a softball tournament. It's an old hotel but the amenities are wonderful! Didnt have to leave the hotel for a meal or a night of cocktails. After the first night we were wishing we had our three kids. The pool area is amazing and all the vending machines and video games were a nice touch. The staff were wonderful and helpful. We will definitely stay here again, soon.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife planned a baby shower on 8/3/13 and it was held by the pool. The service staff was amazing. We forgot a punch bowl; they provided one. We forgot a corkscrew; they opened our wine. Id like to personally thank Devon, who said he just recently started but was knowledgable and willing to help. The price for the poolside room was $175. Seems high but we were able to have the party by the pool without charge and the service by the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My biggest complaint comes from our 3rd night. Wedding party, loud music, no help from staff! At 11:45, after already having to evacuate the hotel because of a fire alarm (caused by a fog machine by the same wedding party!), the loud music continued with the security guard saying he couldn't do anything about it. I would never chose this hotel again. The management obviously is not concerned with being a "grand" hotel...only a mediocre one.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I think they rent the very large indoor pool area for birthday parties, ect. I like kids so I thought it was great. Our room was spacious and comfortable. It could use a update as the bath fan was very noisy and fixtures were dated. We ate dinner at their restaurant and the food was delicious. Had bbq ribs and the slab was more than I could eat. Breakfast was also great. I would stay here again if I return to Minot.

Room Tip: do not get a room facing the pool area. Strong smell of clorine and the sound of children having th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GrandInternational, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We thank you for your comments on the fan in the bathroom. We are in the process of updating rooms and this is something that will be addressed as our updates become complete. We hope that we give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Again thank you for your feedback!

Sincerely

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is the 3rd day that we got back to our room at night & discovered no service! So once again we called the Front Desk & they sent someone down with fresh towels, etc. But who would think it would happen 2 more times after we complain the 1st time? The only outstanding employee was Shawn Thomas, who should teach Customer Service to the rest of the staff. This is the 4th hotel we've stayed at during our 10 days of travel & by far the worst one. The check-in girl didn't even know if they had any rooms with sofabed, which is what I ordered on line, so gave us a rollaway. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GrandInternational, Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. All feedback is welcomed. We have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department and assure you the matter is being addressed. My housekeeping department joins me in our apologies for the oversight. We hope in the future you a willing to give us another try.
If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here May 14, 2013 after driving with my son to Minot AFB. When I walked into the hotel, I was impressed with how they had obviously updated the hotel. My only issue was at check in. When I arrived, I waited to be checked in after the gentleman in front of me. When he was done, the blonde lady at the front desk rudely checked in the jerk that came in after me. Thankfully, a young lady from the back came out and checked me in. Other than that, the room was nice, spacious and well appointed. The beds were comfy with two different kinds of pillows. My room was next to the pool and it was quiet, with dark curtains that made me feel like I was in a cozy cocoon. My dinner at the restaurant was delicious with wonderful, friendly service. It was the same the next day. The hotel was close to the airport and provided free shuttle service with a nice driver that I felt safe with. My family and I will definitely stay here again because of all of this and the close proximity to both the AFB and the airport.

Room Tip: The hallway from the pool smelled strongly of chlorine but my room did not even though it was next t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
GrandInternational, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. All feedback is welcomed! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We strive to make each guests stay remarkable. We are looking forward to your business in the future. Thank you for choosing the Grand while you’re staying in Minot.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was placed in this hotel for a business trip and have no major complaints about my stay. The hotel is older but appears to have been recently remodeled. My room was large, well decorated, and had all the amenities I need. The bed is a pillow top, which may turn some people off. My dinner at the hotel restaurant was a little about average, but the price was good and the dinning room has a great view of the city. There is not a lot options around the hotel that is walking distance, so consider renting a car if you need to get out of the immediate area. i would likely stay at this hotel again depending on why I am in town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. All feedback is welcomed! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We do have wonderful view of the city, and appreciate that you were able to experience it. We strive to make each guests stay remarkable. We are looking forward to your business in the future. Thank you for choosing the Grand while you’re staying in Minot.