“Nice hotel, close to airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Framingham, MA
“Nice hotel, close to airport”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I flew into town recently for business and was booked here. Due to some winter weather delays, I got in pretty late.

Luckily, the hotel is visible from the airport, a 2 minute drive away from the rental lot. The room was well furnished and spacious, basically a suite. The restaurant on-site is convenient and pretty tasty.

Not sure what the rates are as someone else booked it for me, but a good option if passing through town and a great option if you have an early flight out/late flight in.

Room Tip: If you are close to the pool, the chlorine scent is very strong.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrandInternational, Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad you were please with our Park 'n Fly! We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Maybe next time you stay you will have no opportunity to try the award winning food in Primo, our full service on-property restaurant!
~Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had a nice room the night before our flight out. We booked this as a Park 'n Fly hotel. Its' proximity to the airport made it a nice spot not to have to wait long for the van to take you to and from the hotel. Decent price for the added bonus of leaving our car there for 11 days. 24 hour pick-up/drop-off to/from the airport. We left our vehicle in the back row in the back of the hotel which was well lighted so we weren't too concerned over leaving our vehicle there. As we were getting up super early for our flight they nicely put us in a distant room at our request so we wouldn't bother too many people.

Didn't really try any of the amenities of the hotel, so can't comment on that, it was purely a park 'n fly hotel for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pastorash
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here when we flew out and back to Minot. They have complimentary parking for the flight out. They have a shuttle that takes you to the airport and picks you up. The rooms are spacious and very updated. The beds a re very comfy. Clean, quiet. Would stay again if we fly out of Minot. Breakfast in the restaurant was good but a bit pricey! Service throughout the hotel is very good. Huge pool and pool area. Great for kids!

Room Tip: Cheap rooms!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GrandInternational, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments during your stay at the Grand. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities, we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a road trip through Montana and North Dakota. My family had stayed here numerous times when I was a kid, so I had lots of fond memories of the place. I had read some of the reviews previously and was a bit concerned about staying here. When I checked-in, I went to see the room prior to getting my luggage from the car. I'm glad I did. My first few rooms were actually hospitality suites that convert into a room, with the bed being a Murphy bed (probably not the most comfortable). The next room didn't smell that great. Finally I requested and was given a 2 queen room poolside, which was okay. Apparently all the single king bed rooms are either hospitality suites with a Murphy bed, or a 1 bedroom room, so be careful when you are booking. The room was okay, but had a definite lack of furniture. The TV was tiny, but did have a wide range of channels. Internet and parking were free, and the internet speed was good. There is also 2 computers in the lobby that are available for use. The room service had large portions and tasted good, however they added a gratuity to the price upon delivery, which was not stated in the menu or anywhere and was actually written onto the bill in the tip portion (this is a little sketchy). The pool and hot tub were nice and relaxing. The one really great thing about the room was the bed - very comfortable. The price is quite expensive at $140/night. There are comparable hotels around the area that are the same price or cheaper, and usually offer a free breakfast of some sort. I was a bit disappointed in what this hotel has become in the years since our family stayed there. It was a Best Western then; now it is an independent. I would highly recommend looking around before booking, and asking to see your room first before settling in. I have read many issues about the old section of the hotel, which is apparently the 6 floor tower area. My room was in the 3 floor newer section. The 5 floor tower is also somewhat newer and should be okay as well. Do your research before booking, and see your room before accepting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer section, and look at your room first before settling in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank PsychRN12
Fargo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Not sure what people have had to complain about. Booked a suite on the first floor. It was huge! Really liked the fact that there was a door that could be closed from the bedroom to the living area. Beds are great. Everything looked as if it had been recently updated. Ate 2 meals in the restaurant--only had burgers, but they were very good. I would stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hackensack, Minnesota
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am staying at this hotel because this is where business put us, we had no choice. First of all, don't let them put you in what I call "The Dungeon". It smelled of cigarette smoke even tho the hotel is supposedly non-smoking. I stayed in a room with an adjoining door, come to find out the reason my room smelled like smoke was the person next door was SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!! and it was seeping thru to my room. I reported to the front desk but never heard if the problem was solved, no smoke so far, I had to put a towel along the bottom of the door and tape the seams on the door to keep out the smoke. Second, the carpet is filthy, with stains and no telling what. Third, the shower has a seam along the botton portion and when you shower big chunks of who knows what runs down, this was so disgusting to me I went out and bought some cleaner with bleach and sprayed down the shower. I wish, of course, that I hadn't had to do this, but housekeeping certainly wouldn't because if they had it would have been clean in the first place. Fourth, the floor around the toilet on the botton is dirty as well as the hinges on the toilet lid. Fifth, the beds have a memory foam on them which was okay if they would put clean and nicer comforters on them. Six, the room only had two lamps, inadequate lighting, lamp shades were full of dust, oh and the ceiling looked like someone had flung poop on it!!! Microwave was okay but I had to ask for another refrigertor because the last one made popping noises and wasn't very cool. TV in room was good, internet was good. Housekeeping people were friendly but not very good at cleaning rooms.

We stayed here once before because of business and complained of cigarette smell before we stayed in the room and was put in the newer section, with newer updated rooms. They are much better than "The Dungeon". Why is that? Grand International get your act together and make the WHOLE hotel better,

Room Tip: Don't stay in the older part of this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rollingstoneBrainerd

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel is nice if you don't get sent to the old rooms. They are dirty and just extremly outdated otherwise their updated rooms are ok.
Staff in hotel are nice but this is an old hotel in a market were there are allot of new hotels going up so rate should be better.
Food in their restarant is really good and a good price

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the city are nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business