Best Western Kelly Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minot(Minot)(Great Value!)
$53
$131
$55
Country Inn
$72
$76
$51
Hyatt House Minot(Minot)(Great Value!)
$78
Souris Valley Suites(Minot)(Great Value!)
$86
$67
$85
Hotels.com
$79
$71
All reviewspool areathe manager's receptionparking lothot tubroom was cleanpoolside roomdakota mallthe managersnice poololive gardenlocation is greatcontinental breakfastbiscuits and gravygreat place to staynice stayeasy accesswould stay again
Reviewed October 23, 2013

City is bustling with activity and I understand it is the black gold in the ground. Feel the infrastructure is way behind this growth and wouldn't mark it down as a required repeat visit. Our hotel was well appointed, some staff another story. Great breakfast and a chatty server in the morning brightened the day.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice location and great continental breakfast! The beds are super comfy. The room could use a bit of a face-lift but was clean. Located beside the parking lot of the Dakota Mall so very handy for shopping. The pool area looked very nice although I did not use the pool or hot tub myself. Both nights we were there we had no trouble with noise disturbing our sleep...it was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank Colleen G. F
Kendra K, General Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Colleen,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Kendra Klimpel

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Check in and check out was a breeze. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were very quiet. Pet friendly but very mucky exterior and no where to walk a dog unless you head to the mall. Rooms were a little run down with the paneling falling off the walls in the shower, had to find an outside plugs that was working because we were there in the colder season. The staff was were great except for a power hungry individual.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Kelly Inn a number of times over the past 10 years. We used to love staying at this hotel because of it's location. It's located across from the mall and has lots of eating places all within walking distance. This hotel has a really nice pool area and breakfast area. However the past two times we have stayed here we have been very disappointed. This weekend we had planned to staying at this hotel for two nights but we cut our stay in 1/2. Our Saturday started with keys up to our room, room 207. Our keys wouldn't open the door so I went down to the front desk to ask for assistance. Another staff member tried using her "master" key and it wouldn't open the door either. Not sure if the key was programmed incorrectly but evenly they got us into our room. We went to use the bathroom inside our room and there were claps on the sink and a brace propping the sink under it. You couldn't go into the bathroom and close the door because the claps were in the way of the door from being able to close. Anyway after using the bathroom I went to wash my hands in the sink and we had no running water. I had to go down to the main level to use a sink to wash my hands....then I couldn't find anything to dry my hands off with. When I found a staff member they explained that they just had new granite counter-tops installed in some of the rooms. I went back up to the room to have a bath because we were going to make use of the pool. This is when I noticed that our room wasn't ready. (We had no shampoo, conditioner, lotion etc.... the one tray on top of the newly installed counter-top had not been filled) So again I had to go down to the front desk to ask for shampoo. My husband and I tried to open our sliding door to get out to the pool. My husband had to physically lift the sliding door to get it open. We took one look at how full the pool was and noticed that there was at least one children's birthday party taking place in the pool/hot tub area. Not sure why they bother posting a sign at the front desk saying NO BIRTHDAY PARTIES ALLOWED ON WEEKENDS, if they were not going to enforce it. We turned and went back inside our room. This time we couldn't close the sliding door. The sliding door slid off it's tracks, again my husband had to lift the door in order to get it to close. We checked the pool area, many times during the evening, to see if swimming space became available but gave up around 10:00. We decided to watch some TV for a couple of hours. While watching TV I noticed a lot of dust in the room. I am not sure if the guys that installed the counter-top had to cut any of the granite while in the room but there was fine dust everywhere. At around 12 midnight we decided to go to bed. About an hour later a fight broke out in our hallway, waking us suddenly. This "fight" became even louder so I called the front desk to notify them of the situation. Things finally quieten down around 3:00 A.M.......then for the remainder of the night, as I layed in bed, all I could hear was the door to the pool area open and close. In total we might have gotten 3 hours sleep. We got up to go for breakfast and heard other guests complaining about the disturbance in the night....and they also look liked they received only a few hours of sleep. Just feel this hotel is going down hill.....for the price we paid for our room at the Kelly, you can get a much nicer room at the Staybridge Hotel.

Room Tip: Not room 205, 206 or 207....too close to doors opening and closing.
1  Thank Pauline L
Kendra K, General Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Pauline L,

I am so sorry to hear you had a bad night stay at our hotel. Everything you mentioned, I agree, is totally unacceptable. I want you to know that it is very unlike our hotel. We do not allow pool parties on weekends and I am so sorry that one was mistakenly booked during your stay, as I can imagine how frustrating it was, along with your room not being ready. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have further questions. I do hope you will return in the future so we have another chance to demonstrate our superior customer service.

Kendra Klimpel

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently came down to Minot,ND. This was my first time travelling to the USA. I can't believe that the staff is backed up by thier owner for stealing from customers. Also, Brenda [--], the owner or president will actually hang up on you if you call her about any complaints. Even though the staff, whom stole themselves gave me her number and name. I stayed at this hotel based on they allow pets, and I was travelling with my girlfriend to get some vet work done at the Pinkerton Vet Clinic, on our animals. I am a smoker so the first night I went to the door to have a cigarette, the doors clearly have card readers for entrance however these were never actually activated....every time I went out for a smoke these does were not secure, even at 2am. This is not safe or right as the rooms are in endless hallways and the only way to the front desk is through the pool or through the actuall front door. I said to the front desk guy in the mornign that thatw orried us for safetey and he laughed and said yeah it's always like that...was kinda dissappointed but, continued on with our trip.....Our room was nice and it was clean, a maid on our floor was nice told me how she had just moved from 2 states over...thought she was nice, I emptied my garbage and such and they were told I was sleeping during the day and rooms need not be cleaned. All good. Still the next night scared at night, due to lack of securety. The hot tub was broken down and was not usuable at all and yet I never saw anyone out to fix it. For two days we shopped while our companions were being treated. I brought in several shopping bags and put them in closet shelve and where everelse we could find spots as we had kennels and luggage in our room. When checking out they again we not good verbally as we checked out, then we left to accross the way for breakfast, after breakfast we noticed that we had left some shopping bags at hotel, maybe an hour after checkout, these items were left on shelve in the closet, with all our luggage and pets in tow, these were left accidently, 2 shopping bags. with items sealed and not opened waiting to be picked up by the owner if found by housekeeping. However, an hour later when I called to speak with them about baggage left in room, the guy at counter told me it was not brought to lost and found. I told him that we ahd just checked out and that we should check the room immediately I am just a block or two away. He set the phone down for a min and then came back and said no, I just check it is not in room. This was really frustratign as I know that you have to walk through pool area and down 2 halls to get to my room right by an exit. He could not have gone and returned to phone with in 5 minutes let alone in 2. I questioned him and he said it left goods and they are not the hotels reponsibility. I was shocked as it had only been a hour maximum and also they items are shopping bags...which you would assuse is left baggage by customer...not perishable consumed items left scattered in the room. I was so upset by this I decided to call back and speak with a manager, which I was directed to a female, whom said sorry the products were opened and partially consumed so we dumped it down the sink......but what about the non perishable items I asked? Oh they were thrown into the dumpster. This seems suspious to me so I asked for the owners number...she offer to comp our rooms for our stay which to me, made it better as my friend had STANDING RESERVATION for 2 weeks to come back to stay and that we were technically stolen from. I felt, it was important for the owner to know how un secure the building is and how the staff are treating the customers...... Brenda [--], whom would ahrdly admit to being the owner immediately went into tense mode as I unveiled the story, she told me that she wou8ld be REVERSING THE COMPENSATION CHARGES to our room, and that we left shopping goods in the room and the hotel has all rights to keep your products, shopping goods, and any items left behind if they are not in an actual suit case. ALSO, BRENDA [--] hung up on me twice. Thats right the owner will hang up on you at the hotel. Which states why her workers are so relaxed about stealing from customers, not cleanign rooms, and not having any ammenities that actually work properly. I am CANADIAN, Many of us have traveled to MInot just to SHOP, This was completely stealing from the customers and then making them feel like a victim again if they complain....I also involved calling the Police who, couldn't help me very much as the satff was lying to him as well, They did admidt though if bags were left that they would have to hold them for 30 days. These were bags with goods bought inside of them left by me the customer, YES, I am at fault for leaving them , but hotels with good employees and managers, and owners would make sure expecially if the customer called within a hour of checking out that thier good purchased would be available to them to come pick up.......this was not the case....because the items were not luggage????? Does this make sense???? THE REASON THESES ITEMS WERE STOLE BY STAFF WAS THE ITEMS IN BAGS WERE AS FOLLOWS: DECK OF PLAYING CARDS, HALOWEEN DECORATIONS, ALCHOL- FORTY CREEK WHISKEY AND A HUGE 200G CONTANER OF TABACCO.......THIS IS WHY THE STAFF STOLE THESE ITEMS, MADE UP STORIES AND GOT AWAY WITH IT. Brenda, I hope youlook into this issue as you amy have someone else as a geust that has something of a higher avlue stolen from them in the future....and if you sit by and don't do anything about this you are just as responsible as them for allowing it... I hope you always remeber hanging up on me about this situation twice and also I hope Karma hits you all back......because Those we purchased goods that were gifts. For any person whom has been screwed by a hotel...WATCH ALL YOUR THINGS AT THIS HOTEL!!!! September 29- October 1 stay duration.... I hope that alot of people see this and word get out around town of what is going on there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brooke C
dkoble, Regional Director at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you to the Minot Police Officer for helping our staff with this incident. Our hotel policy regarding alcohol left in a guest room (after a guest has checked out) is to dispose of it immediately. Our lost and found policy is to hold guests belonging for 30 days and it is returned promptly if or when a guest calls us. We do not hang up on our hotel guests. This guest was given far more compensation than the cost of the alcohol and tobacco she claimed was left in the room. We are unaware of the other items she refers to. Again, thank you to the Police Officer for his help in this matter.