“Great night stay”

Best Western Kelly Inn
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I had stay at this hotel a very long time ago and was pleased then, and I can say I really enjoyed my time there again. We arrived right at check in and the staff at the front was very friendly.

The room was very nice and clean. Bed's were very comfortable. We had a fridge and Microwave in our room which was a bonus. We used the pool and our only complaint was there was a party being held, and little kids were running around everywhere. There were also some very small children in the hot tub unsupervised.
The free breakfest was very good and the staff was always around making sure everything was being restocked at all times.
Check out was very quick and easy as well. We would definitely come back and stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
BWKI-GM, General Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Chelsey,

I am so happy to hear about your wonderful stay with us! Thank you for being such a loyal customer, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been in this hotel in the same room twice. Room 233. I love the bed, it's comfy and soft but was disappointed to see the bath tub with two strands of short hair, the complimentary lotion was used and the small used bar of soap was still in the bath tub sitting... probably from the previous guests. I was also disappointed that the foot-lock bathtub drain is broken. =(

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BWKI-GM, General Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I want to sincerely apologize that your second stay was not as enjoyable as your first. The things you mentioned are unacceptable, and are not the usual Best Western standards we strive to provide. Secondly, I want to thank you for your loyalty as a returning customer. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the satisfactory service we lacked during your recent stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Minot still expensive to stay... not quite as bad as a year ago.

This Kelly Inn, I regret to say, is not worth $114 a nite. There was a very helpful front desk, however.

But the housekeeping and room conditions are not what they should be, and not up to the standards of the other Kelly Inns in the Midwest.

The first room I was in the carpets were worn with stains, and the door was badly chipped. I moved because the room phone didn't work at all, and in any case the phone was dirty with grime.

The second room's carpet was dirty and worn-looking, the wallpaper was torn, and the tub took forever to drain. I don't know how a housekeeper could not notice that the water was not draining from the tub and not report it for repair.

But the bed was comfortable.

For $114 a night, this motel was overpriced. The owners need to fix up the place a bit with the room rates they are getting.

There are probably better places to stay in Minot for $114/nite, now that there are more motels in this town and the motels can't get the exhorbitant rates they did a year ago.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
BWKI-GM, General Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Williams,

Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations; That is not the type of service we pride ourselves in and want to assure you, that is not how our rooms are usually presented. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed one night and it was perfect for us. Quiet, we had an outside room so easy access to our vehicle. Clean room, continental breakfast. Close to shopping and restaurants. Front desk was helpful. No gym.

Room Tip: Away from pool for quieter rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
BWKI-GM, General Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Kakre,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 701-852-4300.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was our second visit to the Best Western in Minot. Our first visit was great; this one wasn't bad, it simply wasn't as great. First of all, the location of this motel is excellent; easy to get to and close proximity to the mall and a handful of great restaurants. Also, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. At first glance the room seemed very clean, however, upon closer inspection, in my opinion it needed a little more effort. The tub had a couple leftover hairs from a previous visitor which I find quite disgusting. The ottoman which sat in front of the chair in the seating area looked like someone had spilled copious amounts of food on it. There were a few other minor cleanliness issues. Not a huge deal, but a little more attention might have been worthwhile. Secondly, we had a room that had a door to the hallway and a door to the outside. It was very handy for loading and unloading the vehicle to have that outside door and we liked that feature a lot. However, the door to the hallway had clearly met with a tragic accident at some point prior to our visit. The original security latch must have been ripped off or something and there was hole in the interior side of the door, and the wall side had some damage as well. They had put a new security latch lower on the door so there was still a latch there but the damage to the door made me quite uncomfortable and I felt that replacing the door before having someone stay there might not have been such a bad idea! My final complaint would be the tv. My husband and I enjoy watching a few hours of tv in the evening before going to bed. For some reason, the tv in this room was only showing service on about 10-12 channels and of those on about 8, the picture was distorted, so your eyes about crossed if you tried to look at it for more than 2 seconds. On the remote you couldn't simply push the channel number you wanted to watch you only had the option of the channel up/down button. It was quite annoying.

Room Tip: We quite enjoyed having an exterior door to our room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Blake S,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you for notifying us about the door in your room. A maintenance request was written for it and it will be looked at. We appreciate you staying and hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a pool side suite and the bedroom was very warm--I would say hot. There was no way to adjust the heat in the bedroom. In all fairness, we did not inquire into having it changed, but it did interfere with our sleep. Whenever we did ask for help from the staff--more food at breakfast, additional cleaning that had been missed--it was looked after quite promptly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWKI-GM, Manager at Best Western Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Dorine,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was on my way back from Winnipeg Ca., I was suprised to find a room in Minot ND. The surrounding towns were full. The place was clean and the host was polite and curtious. I got a room very quickly, he seemed to be organized and got me checked in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business