“Good job on opening night”

Longhorn Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 132 Restaurants in Minot
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I went to the new Longhorn Steakhouse on opening night, Sept 23, 2013. I was alone so I sat at the bar rather than wait for a table. Two young bartenders took care of me, and they kept up well with the busy pace. The food was very good; the steak cooked medium rare as I like it.
The only downside is a bright light in a freezer shines in the eyes of guests seated at the bar every time the door is opened.
As I was leaving, a young man thanked me for coming and said good night. I was glad he had been well trained.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The food was awesome as it always is at Long Horn! The Outlaw Ribeye is my only option there... MMMM! However, this particular one in Minot doesn't have enough staff(like most places) so instead of seating customers, you wait 20-45 minutes at the door for a table to open up(because they only use half of the tables). So as your sitting in front of the cold door waiting for a table and for your vibrating buzzer alarm to go off, you see the other half of the restaurant with open tables. They should at least seat you, give you drinks and tell you the wait just will be awhile for food, I'd rather that than sit at the door shivering and crowded.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We waited a while to go to the Longhorn because it is a new restaurant and seemed to always have a wait to get in. We got in right away. Service was excellent. I ordered the rib eye and my husband ordered the T-bone and lobster tail. The steaks were cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths. We will definitely return!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My friends had taken me here for a baby-shower dinner. I had ordered the asparagus for the appetizer then the sirloin with baked potato for the entree, medium rare for the steak. It was first time ever being at a Longhorn Chain restaurant, and boy will it ever be my last!

It was a long wait, about 30-45 minutes with plenty of empty booths and tables, but since there were 6 of us, we knew it was going to be a while. Once seated we ordered our drinks, which took another 15 minutes to get to us. It took an hour and a half after we were seated for the food too. We didn't get any bread either which I what I heard is a signature at most Longhorn steakhouses.

Anyways, a salad came with my meal and that was mediocre at best. That took a half hour to get to us after our drink order came, then another 30 to get our entrees. When the entrees came out, only half of them came out, me, Caitlin and Bionca were stuck waiting another 15 minutes for ours. When mine came out, the baked potato was ok. I've had better. The steak is what really pissed me off. After all that wait, they gave me a RARE steak. It looked like it had been seared for a minute on each side then thrown on the plate. REALLY!?!?! It was still cold as the fridge it was in in the middle!

After an hour and a half of waiting for our food the least they could've done was get the order right. I asked the waiter how long it was going to be to get another steak, and he said "Probably an hour." I rolled my eyes and asked for a refund, and he said he couldn't do that since I had taken a bite of the steak. I was flabbergasted. My friend told me she would pay for it but told her no, I would take care of it. No sense in her paying for something I didn't enjoy.

I won't be coming back, if that's how Longhorn treats their customers...they don't need my business, I would recommend that you don't give them yours either.

If you want quality steak, go to Montana Mike's. At least they'll try to make sure your steak is right and not force you to eat something that's unedible.

1  Thank Crystal H
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was our first experience here--and last. We were greeted at the door by a sloth who first took us to one booth and then immediately asked us to change to another. This was the first of what we came to see was outrageous prejudice against older patrons(my wife and I are in our late 60's. Our waitress did appear quickly and immediately insulted both of us. She did not know the menu, could make no recommendations or direct us away from mistakes and had no idea of any specials of the day.
The menu was very appealing. My wife and I both ordered their steak and stuffed shrimp and added a special side dish on the menu--brussel sprouts with garlic and four cheeses. We never saw our waitress again. Someone else brought us our ice teas--which were unusually good. Then we waited---and waited---and waited(the restaurant was NOT busy and seems to have tons of staff--mostly standing around doing nothing at the bar.
The salads finally came over a half hour later. No bread, etc. The salads were fresh but with so little dressing as to make it possible to eat only half of them before running out of dressing.
Then we waited, and waited and waited another 45 minutes. Eventually another wait person we had not seen before brought us our dinners. My wife had ordered the yam with cinnimum butter with her entre. It was excellent and she loved it. Unfortunately, the steaks were cold and tough. We had ordered them medium rare. They both came very rare. The lobster stuffed shrimp was wonderful tasting--but completely cold.
We had seen a local add that advertised a free dessert with two full entres. This was refused us. We asked another unknown staff person for a to-go box for my wife and for the check.

1  Thank Dan G

Been to Longhorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!