“Pleasantly surprised”

Planet Pizza
Ranked #60 of 134 Restaurants in Minot
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This weekend me, my wife and our 5 children came to town for the North Dakota State Fair. We were looking for a fun, family-friendly place to take our kids and after reading other reviews on this site, we were wary and nervous about going to planet pizza but took our kids anyway. We absolutely loved it! The staff was courteous and very helpful. We ordered 2 large pizzas (which were very decently priced) and easily fed all of us. I ordered their Bleu Buffalo and was stunned how good it was for what seemed like a kids pizza joint. We were entertained for hours, it is a huge building I couldn't imagine the upkeep, our kids loved the inflatable bouncy castles, the arcade was loaded with what seemed to be brand new arcade games (some of which I had never seen before) and to top it off we got into a fun game of Laser Tag in there laser tag arena that was a blast. If you like to have fun with your family I can't imagine another place in Minot that offers anything close to what Planet Pizza had to offer.

3  Thank Mike B

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I can't say enough AMAZING things about Planet Pizza! My family had a blast playing laser tag and games! The bathrooms were spotless and the dining area was so tidy considering how many people were there! We loved the pizza and the customer service was spot on! Make sure you visit here when you go to Minot!

2  Thank Holle_12
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food is okay, actually like the pizza burgers. The problem the smell in the building. It smells horrible and so many of the games don't work. Pretty disappointing.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Planet Pizza has a good buffet, which consists of pizza, soup and salad. Its your average pizza buffet. The pizza is tasty, salad is standard. So the food is good, but the atmosphere is lacking. Dirty, some areas downright stink like mildew. Could use a good deep cleaning and updating. If food is all your interested in then go, but if your put off by surroundings, don't go. Its really a toss up, to recommend or not.

1  Thank Sara M
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We took our kids there and ordered one pizza and I got the salad bar. The pizza came out fairly quick, within ten minutes of us ordering it. It was burned. When my husband took it back up to see if we could get a new one made, the manager literally said, "I don't see what the problem is", took the pizza, shrugged off my husband and walked into the kitchen with the pizza, leaving my husband standing there to wonder what had just happened. Another manager came out and talked with my husband eventually resulting in a refund. I have never been so insulted at a dining facility. To be that rude, it's unreal. My husband and I both have years of restaurant and customer service experience, we cannot understand why an employee like that has a job in the service industry when he clearly has no customer service skills. I would NOT recommend eating at Planet Pizza, not unless you want to experience burnt, expensive food and terrible customer service.

Been to Planet Pizza? Share your experiences!