“Minot has better places”

Homesteaders Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 130 Restaurants in Minot
Cuisines: American
Minot, North Dakota
“Minot has better places”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First, it's overpriced. Too expensive for food that is really less quality than the food at Denny's. Secondly, the service staff act as if you're doing them a favor. The senior citizen ladies who waitress are very, very, very old-school; they stop only the minimum number of times: greeting/drink order, bring drinks/take order, bring food, bring bill. If you ask for something additional beyond these stops, you get a grunt. If there is a raging blizzard in Minot and everything else is closed, stop here. Otherwise, keep on a-rollin'.

• Visited March 2013

Bismarck, North Dakota
“Not bad”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Ok for breakfast but nothing special, typical greasy spood menu wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.

Visited July 2012
“Quick fix”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you are need of food to prevent low blood sugar, this is the place to visit. I was not dissatisfied per se. I just was not excited either. This is a very predictable place for people who I guess need to have a measure of predictability in their life. I need excitement. There is no intent to be rude. I just have not reached the point where I eat Meatloaf every Monday and Tacos every Tuesday. Do not be offended I assure this is not my intention

Visited September 2012
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Our family loves Homesteaders. I don't think any of us have ever had a bad meal there, and I don't ever recall the service being a real problem. It can be very busy after church on Sundays, so expect a wait to be seated then, but the food is always good. The breakfast selections are wonderful. Two other favorites on the menu are the walleye and the chicken fried steak with gravy...both are very good. This is a locally owned place where the staff knows the regulars and in our experience, it's always been welcoming. As I said, Homesteaders is one of our favorites, and has been for years!

• Visited September 2012
“good”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

good is the word,and wow to the food,the pictures of how the food comes on your plate and service with a smile

Visited March 2012