“Dependable food with great service”

Homesteaders Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 130 Restaurants in Minot
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Asheville, North Carolina
“Dependable food with great service”
Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Arrived in Minot for work and got to the hotel kind of late. Homesteaders was nearby and still open so a co-worker and I stopped in for supper. We got there towards the end of the evening, so the crowd was fairly small. Our server was very pleasant and went out of her way to make sure we didn't feel rushed as the restaurant was getting ready to close. I ordered the seasoned steak. It was cooked well. I didn't think it was superb, but it was not poor quality either. Bottom line is that this place was clean, the service was above average, and the food was solid fare. I'd come back again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Decent food and good service”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Me and my fiance went here after my co-worker suggested the place. We are from Las Vegas and my co-worker originally from Minot. We went here for lunch. Didn't order anything fancy. Had the clam chowder which we both enjoyed along with the salad bar. We both ordered the patty melt on rye. Enjoyed this. Didn't order anything fancy, but enjoyed our meal none the less. Our waitress was very friendly and cute. Reminded us of Reba McIntrye with short red hair. Says she gets that alot. I would definitely suggest coming here. Wish we came back and sampled more food items.

• Visited March 2012
Minot, North Dakota
“Homesteaders Restaurant”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Home cooking and a wonderful staff. This is a great place to eat. The front porch is a neat place to have a larger group meet.You feel like you are sitting in your mother's kitchen and eating a very good home cooked meal that tastes wonderful. .

Regina, Canada
“Good Food Good Value”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Good place to eat as my Father in Law seemed to have his own table there! We are from Regina, but we always seem to sit in the same seats! Keep up the good work. Lots of people means it must be good.

Visited November 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nothing special”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I've been here dozens of times over the years; my elderly mother likes it for soup and pie. The food is very basic; salads are a real disappointment (the salad bar is very inconsistent) and the dinner salad is iceberg with a few shreds of carrot. The soup of the day is usually quite good and their pies are good - if you like pie. Very popular with the blue hair crowd. No wine or beer. Service is inconsistent.

• Visited April 2011