“My Home Away from Home”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manila, Philippines
“My Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had the opportunity to travel to Minot, North Dakota and had to stay for almost a month. It may be one of the remotest places i have been too, considering how small Minot is to the other cities I've had the chance to visit in the US. In a place, where everything is just flat, Hyatt House stood out.
Checking In was seamless, I was greeted by “Annie”, I think my House Host, as they call it. She was warm and friendly. Since I was there on an “extended stay”, I was treated as a VIP. I was given a welcome packet, which was a nice touch. I don’t recall, getting the same treatment in any of the “extended stay” hotels I’ve been to the US.
In front of the reception, is the warmest of the fireplaces I have ever seen. I can imagine myself, having a cup of coffee while reading a good book in hand during the coldest nights (every night is, when in Minot).
I requested for a 1-bedroom. Oh boy, the room was BIG. Big enough to have guests come over and party (which I never got to do). I tell my officemates in Minot, how big the fridge was that I can actually fit inside. They would laugh at me. But, for someone who eats a lot, having a spacious fridge, really did help.
There was a kitchen that allowed me to cook dishes I would eat at home. There was appropriate ventilation to keep the smell away. I have a coffee machine that perked up my mornings and prepared me for a “busy bee” day at work. The kitchen floor tiles were just so classy yet modern.
The living room had a huge flat screen HDTV and a Blu-Ray Player. I was able to watch 3 seasons of Games of Thrones during my stay.
The bedroom featured a huge bed, closet and cabinets enough to accommodate 100 lbs.’ of clothes (it was spring alright, but I have my winter clothes with me).
The room was intelligently designed. You are able to move around and easily do what you want to. At night, you don’t hear any noise from neighboring rooms or outside. It was the kind of quiet that I liked.
I always look forward to breakfast, as it’s a “warm/hot” meal breakfast. Unlike in other hotels, I’ve stayed in. It’s mostly cereals, yogurt, fruit and coffee. The highlight of this breakfast is the “omelet” made fresh and to your liking. I always go to work on a full stomach.
The staff was friendly and felt like family. They take time to check on you and how your day has been so far, especially Wendy from the Front Desk. The warmest staff I’ve met so far. The Housekeeping team did a good job cleaning my mess in my room.
The Laundry Room which doesn’t charge you for anything is just perfect the way it is. Although, I wish guests would keep it clean/neat the way it is before they used it.
Overall, I had an excellent stay at this hotel. I felt I was taken cared off but my own family, who made sure you have a good place to stay and sleep, a good breakfast in the morning and people you can talk to who’ll listen to how your day went and relate. The weather may be too cold for an Asian like me, but the hotel kept me warm.

Room Tip: There is a back entrance, that has parking spaces available. You can avoid the long walk to your roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank charlesds2010
HyatthouseMinot, Director of Sales at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Charlesds2010
Thank-you so much for the 5 STAR Review. Our whole staff and team works hard to provide a higher level of service to set us apart from the pack. It is truly rewarding when a VIP guest such as yourself takes the time to say Thank-you to all the small details in amenities and service we offer. .Glad you enjoyed our premium speed Wifi, We will have it ready for you when you want to watch season 4 of Game of Thrones. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, Safe Travels
Gabriel M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was very impressed with Hyatt House Minot. I have stayed at two other Hyatt House locations in other cities and enjoyed them so I thought I'd give the one in Minot a try, and I'm so glad I did! The atmosphere is pleasant, the staff is friendly and helpful, my room was very nice and clean, the amenities are great -- including a free laundry room and a very nice breakfast buffet. If you're traveling to Minot, I definitely recommend this excellent hotel!

Room Tip: If you're booking a king studio, be sure to request a room with a closet with a bar for hanging...
Green Features: I like the option of specifying the level of housekeeping you require each day.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
nicB1996,
Thank you for taking time to review HYATT house Minot. As a guest who has stayed at other Hyatt House properties across the country, we are pleased that your experience in Minot was especially excellent and certainly lives up to the high standards of a loyal Hyatt guest.
I am pleased that you found our "free laundry room" a welcome addition to our hotel. This amenity is most definitely a highlight for many travelers. Our goal at HYATT house Minot is to ensure that we meet our guest's needs and our complimentary laundry facilities ensures that we cover even the smallest details. We look forward to serving you again when you come to Minot.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am a Federal Construction Inspector, and as such I travel Extensively! I have stayed at lots of other hotels, and different chains. I thought at the time they were the best, BUT that was before I stayed at the Hyatt House Minot ND. It is by far the BEST YET. Yes I have stayed at the Hyatt award winners, and lots of other chains award winners also.
Not only is the hotel constructed very well, but it has great amenities also. The free breakfast is wonderful, It has great varying choices,far above average.
The Staff makes this hotel GREAT. From the General Manager on down,they will go out of their way to do all within reason to make your stay an enjoyable and comfortable one to remember,,,

Room Tip: The higher floors have less noise = better sleep.
Green Features: Although the exterior color is brown, the attitude and cleaning color inside is definitely GREEN.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Max H for taking time out of your day to write a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and praises. From our entire HYATT house Minot team, we are pleased to be able to serve you and thank you for your feedback on our excellent staff. What an honor to be considered the "BEST YET" for all hotels and Hyatts, more specifically. Our goal is to always provide superior purposeful service to all our guests and certainly your experience and positive feedback speaks to the focus that our staff has on providing this excellent service.
See you around the "house". :)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel & staff were fantastic. Best room I have ever stayed in. But, why would millions be spent on a first class hotel & have the smallest pool I have ever seen & no hot tub.The free breakfast was above average. We needed a room for a small social get together & they set us up in a conference room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Jay S,

Thank you for praising our staff and especially for letting us know that our room is the best you've ever stayed in. Our spacious rooms are certainly something that our guests find as a welcome surprise when they check into HYATT house Minot.
Thank you also for the feedback about our pool. We do have a small heated pool that serves as a spa with an infinity jet on one side (allowing our guests to swim laps) as well as jets on one wall. Despite the size, we do hope that it meets your needs.
We look forward to your next stay and thank you again for letting us know how pleased you were with the room, staff, and excellent breakfast.
Tiffin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel was wonderful. The hotel was very clean and the staff was just awesome. Everyone was so accommodating. The breakfast bar had great food and the fresh made to order omelets were delicious. I would recommend The Hyatt House to anyone who was in Minot, ND. I will definitely stay again if I ever go back.

1 Thank Kelli B
HyatthouseMinot, Director of Sales at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank-you Kelli B. for leaving us such a great review. Were glad that the staff was “accommodating” and exceeded your expectations. Our team works hard in creating a positive service “culture” and it nice to hear feedback from great guest such as yourself. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future, Safe Travels.

Gabriel M.
Langenburg, Sask.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a chance to stay at The Hyatt House in Minot on Friday, April 18th. We were on our way to Vegas and just had one over nighter. Normally when we come shopping for a few days, we were apt to stay at the Sleep Inn at the mall.
Wow, what a choice!!! The place looks absolutely brand new. We requested a late check out for the next day as our flight didn't leave until 5:00 p.m. The front desk attendant (I really wish that I had gotten her name, as she was second to none and deserves a mention here) wasted no time in giving us our wish.
We stayed in a suite that has all of the amenities of home. Fridge, Stove, Ice Maker, Microwave, and a separate bedroom from the living room. Free wifi was included, and if you needed printing done, as we did with check in flight tickets, the printing was free in the hotel. There was also a free hot breakfast in the morning. (There were three of us staying).............all of this for a spectacular $139.00...........we will never ever stay at the dirty, messy Sleep Inn at the mall again for an atrocious $180.00 for a junk yard. I can drive a few miles to go to J.C. Penney. I don't have to be next door for that price.
You will "NOT" be disappointed!!!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think that there would be a bad room in the place.
Dear Berube,

We are thrilled that you had such a great experience here at the Hyatt House Minot. Our made to order omelet chef is a crowd favorite, so its It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. We strive to become a leader in customer service. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. Thanks again for your great comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

-Gabriel M.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed for the first time at the Hyatt Place in Minot, ND and found this is going to be our FAVORITE hotel to stay in. It was clean, the staff were friendly. If we needed anything, they were right there to make our stay perfect. The food was awesome and the service was friendly. I really love having a full kitchen and laundry facility right there! The pool was a lot of fun for the kids, and kept them busy! I have NEVER been in such a nice hotel. I tell everyone about this hotel now.

Room Tip: If you are with children, get the two bedroom! WORTH EVERY DIME!! You can let the kids watch what...
Green Features: I was so impressed with the staff at this hotel. They make you feel as if you are family. They are very helpful and make great suggestions when asked questions about Minot.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyatthouseMinot, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you have selected our hotel as your "favorite" and I'm especially blessed to know that you were delighted with our service. We pride ourselves on serving our guests' needs from the moment they walk into our "home" and we are thrilled that you feel as if our "home" is yours. We look forward to serving you again.