“No excuses for having such a filthy dirty room”
Review of Hyatt House Minot

Hyatt House Minot
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Minot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Checked into room 306-immediately went down to tell the assistant manager the room was dirty-black footprints in the tub, shower walls and floor unwashed, grey hairs on the sink, room not vacuumed and kitchen floor dirty. She told me she would have the room cleaned, as they were short on housekeepers. HINT-IF YOU ARE SHORT ON HOUSEKEEPERS PAY THEM MORE-THIS IS NOT YOUR GUESTS PROBLEM IT IS YOURS! Bottom line-after asking 3 other front desk clerks room still was not clean. Day 2-asked assistant manager again to please have our room cleaned-did not want to shower in others dirt. She gave us a new room. So I packed up for 4 people and unpacked in a different room which was cleaner but still dirty. Some assistance
changing rooms would have been nice-but the assistant manager was much too busy on the phone to acknowledge my existence. She must not have realized I was on holidays. Best thing about this hotel is Fransioux-they should pay him well to keep him

Stayed in room 306. Immediately after checking inn went down and told the assistant G.M the room was dirty. The bath tub had dirty black footprints, the shower stall and floor were filthy, grey hairs on the sink, not vacuumed and sticky dirty kitchen floor. The kind that squeaks with grime every time you take a step. Oh ya-not to forget was the huge spider web in the corner filled to the hilt with construction debris. Assistant manager was so busy taking care of some business or other -but said she would have the room cleaned. Bottom line-and after asking 3 other desk staff room still dirty. HINT-I AM AWARE YOU ARE SHORT ON HOUSEKEEPERS SO PAY THEM MORE FOR A HARD JOB-ALSO NOT THE GUESTS PROBLEM THAT YOU ARE SHORT STAFFED IT IS YOURS-DONT BUILD A LARGE NEW HOTEL IF YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO STAFF IT. So second night the assistant manager was again working. I told her the room was still dirty. She sent me to pack up to go to another room. She did not even offer to give me some help changing rooms to a somewhat cleaner room. This really ticked me off-again she was too busy to even acknowledge my returning the room key. Took me an hour to pack and unpack on holidays. The best staff member I came across was Fransioux-you really should pay him a good wage to keep him.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HyattHouseMinot-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with the hotel. The condition of the hotel room is not something that management would find acceptable and the resolve of the issue is something that the staff of the hotel will improve upon to ensure that if anything in the future were to occur, that it would be handled in a professional, and sincere fashion in which you feel satisfied and acknowledged. It is true that we were short handed that day with housekeeping however it had nothing to do with pay and it was more related to individuals and their family health issues which were not predictable or expected. We do greatly apologize for any experience that is not above your expectations and will continue to improve to meet those expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. This is not a common situation and is unique. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us at the hotel.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Trip of a lifetime for my sister, wife and I from the UK, to visit our daughter, her husband and new grandson. The hot tub was used by others. My sister came to our room, apparently had caught a bug and complained of feeling unwell. She fainted and after coming around, she vomited. The manager David came to our room, who then called the local ambulance team(thankfully, they made no charge). He and all the staff showed real concern, she made a full recovery to continue her holiday.
Upon arrival, throughout our stay and departure, we were met with nothing but respect, friendliness and a willingness to make our stay a real success. I have no hesitation in fully recommending this hotel to anyone who seeks Service with a capital S. Our thanks and gratitude. Only 1 constructive comment. The Cheddar cheese -ugh. Canadian or original British Cheddar is far superior. The breakfasts were great,the bar served good beer, even if it was not Newcastle brown ale. :)-

Room Tip: You will need a car, as the hotel is not serviced by public transport
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Motti C
HyattHouseMinot-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Martin, it was wonderful having you stay with us. Thank you very much for your great review of the hotel and staff. We are glad your sister is doing well and it was always a pleasure to have great conversations with you daily. You are always welcome to return and we look forward to that time we can have you with us again.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our stay at the Hyatt house was excellent! The staff was very friendly, and very accommodating. The building and surroundings are well manicured, with great parking. The breakfast was outstanding; one of the best we have ever had. The Mini market was a nice feature, without being overly expensive. The pool was fairly small, and there was no hot tub, which we missed. But, the pool area was very clean, the workout room was fantastic.The full kitchen's in the suites are fabulous....it really becomes economical for families when you are staying for a few days. Buy your groceries at the store, make supper for the kids, and let them swim,while you two have a romantic glass of wine,and delicious supper at the bar/restaurant. Finding the hotel was very easy....just punch the address in on Google Maps, or Google Earth, and it will show you exactly where it is. We found it, with ease. For those of you who are looking for close amenities like restaurants in walking distance.....please know that this Hotel is brand new, and there is not much around it. However, I love that type of setting. A short drive away is a great grocery store,bottle shop,and gas bar. Keep in mind that ,in time, there will be other things growing up around there. A small suggestion would be to have some liquid dish soap in the room, as well as more dishwasher detergent for the d-washer. Overall.....We were absolutely impressed with this Hotel, and would definitely stay here again. In fact, looking forward to next year!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing the parking lot. Ours was in the back, facing the by-pass. All-in-all, we...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattHouseMinot-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you and what a wonderful description of your stay. I appreciate your feedback on the dishwashing soap and we do carry plenty of it on hand for all rooms so next year when you stay with us again, just ask and we will get you some more. I mostly enjoyed that you explained how you used the facilities during your stay and how the pool and Hbar were all useful to your family. You are always welcomed here and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

From the outside, this hotel looks fantastic, and it had great reviews. Four girlfriends and I thought it would be the perfect place to stay for a bridal shower weekend, especially with the two-bedroom/two bathroom option!

Booking was easy, as was check-in. However, when we went up to the room, things were not so great. Upon walking into one of the bedrooms, I noticed something sticking up in the bed that looked neatly made. I pulled back the sheets to find a yucky bottle of body oil, part of some sort of wrapper, long black hair, and a hairbrush. It was also clear that it had been slept in. I immediately called the front desk, and the man offered to put us in another room. We went down to the front desk, and instead of offering any sort of compensation or discount, he joked that a guest probably made the bed. Um...does this mean that the sheets don't get washed or changed? He also informed us that they have been having "problems" with the cleaning staff and were hoping things would change with the hiring of a new manager.

Our new room was better, but it was hard to shake the knowledge that our room might not be clean. After some pestering, they did discount the room for us. Later on, we did find a used pillowcase between the sofa and the wall in the new "clean" room.

Breakfast was ok...we were there about 9am, and they were running out of most things, including forks. We were rudely told they just didn't have anymore, so we ate our omelets with spoons.

Overall, the rooms are nice, and very fitting for groups and/or families. However, the place needs help in the cleanliness department, which I would think would be the highest priority.

**I gave a poor location rating as it's not on maps, and there are no signs on the bypass indicating when to turn.**

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
HyattHouseMinot-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I want to thank you for the review. I am glad the booking and check-in were easy. I am also glad you mentioned the rooms were nice and worked well for your bridal shower weekend. Your review of the cleanliness of the room is important to our staff as we want to ensure that every stay for our guests is clean and enjoyable. I know that the staff offered to move your room, reduce your rate, and offered a gift certificate to the HBar as a result without hesitation. I do want to apologize for all you went through and hope that you will find your future stay with us enjoyable and exceeding your expectations. We take pride in offering the best rooms to our guests as our previous reviews state and please know that this is a unique situation. It is very important to us that we continue to improve on areas that need focus and we will continue to do so in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the very start we were treated kindly. The hotel front desk lady was so cheery and friendly and offered her assistance right away. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was nice and big, Not cramped at all, and we stayed on the fourth floor so we had vaulted ceilings as well. The windows in our room were just like home...Not your standard windows. I also love the location, Its like a castle on a hill. The breakfast buffet which was free, Was the best I have ever had, i realy enjoyed the french toast. I would stay here again in a heart beat. I am grateful that Hyatt House is finally in Minot.

Room Tip: When staying here, Try and get the fourth floor so you can have the beautiful vault ceilings and a b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattHouseMinot-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Wow, thank you very much for the wonderful review. Your description of the hotel was very detailed and the "Castle on the hill" example is just what I thought when I first saw it as well. We are very glad that you had a wonderful experience and we would love to have you stay with us again any time. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel that gives you a home feeling. Couldn't ask for a better staff. Although, the address was not on GPS hotel staff made sure I had a sufficient address to use that brought us directly in front of the hotel. My only complaint is the dinnerware were filthy. Housekeeping never checked the dishes or silverware. Other wise the hotel is excellent and laundry was free and clean with great appliances. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013
HyattHouseMinot-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your review. I am very glad to hear that you had a great feel of home away from home. We certainly want to make sure that our housekeepers keep up with everything including dishes. I do apologize for that. I hope we can have you with us again in the future and we can exceed your expectations. Thank you so very much for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hyatt House was an extremely nice hotel. It opened 2 months ago in Minot. it is one of 10 new hotels that opened in the last 2 years. The price was great, and would stay here again. I took my daughter and 2 grandchildren with me for a weekend of shopping. The breakfast had a made to order omelette bar, plus cereal, toast, fruit, yogurt and the best coffee i have had at a hotel in a very long time. The beds were very comfortable, the room stylish (we had a suite) and the price we paid was one of the cheapest in a long time. My negatives are, very small, i mean small pool and had a hard time finding as it is new and not on the GPS, and could not see the signs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HyattHouseMinot-GM, General Manager at Hyatt House Minot, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very glad that you all were able to enjoy our great breakfast and go shopping. We do know our pool is not that big however we have added jets and the ability to swim in motion as two alternatives inside the pool. We hope to provide more kids pool toys as well to make the interaction more enjoyable for the children. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. I appreciate your feedback very much! Thank you!