“Did not expect this with "NOW OPEN" sign still up” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minot

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minot
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Minot
all over
“Did not expect this with "NOW OPEN" sign still up”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights. And the only reason I stayed that long was because I was travelling with small children across country and my husband is stationed close by here for his job.

Upon check in the male that was checking me in was very kind and friendly. BUT, did not know a thing. When I asked if the employee voucher was faxed to him he said no and he didn't know how to print out one for me to sign. His manager then came out and yelled that I could not sign my own voucher. So, I had to call the owner of the hotel I work for, because that is the only person higher in authority than me, just for them to sign a paper. The male never asked how many people would be staying or any of the questions that are asked upon arrival. I had to change all the paperwork once he printed it out and asked me to sign it. I had to ask about breakfast, where our rooms were, where I could take my service pet to the bathroom at and everything else you can think of. He definitely wasn't prepared to work. ANY OF THE DAYS I STAYED. The female clerk that came on after the male wasn't much better. She had an "I am better than you attitude", when I went to ask a question I would have to find her and let her know not just me but others were at the front desk needing assistance. And her dress attire was far from professional. When my five and six year old children wear bigger shirts than an adult, something is wrong. The manager from the first day never smiled and was always in a terrible mood. When I extended, I never had to sign something and I had to ask for a new key to be made. When I checked out, 9pm, I knew I would be charged for a full night but what I wasn't prepared for was for the female to tell that she could not check me out or give me a final bill because the night audit guy would double charge my account. If I am checked out of the system the night audit will never touch my account. This hotel uses the same system as the hotel I work for, I know this system like it is the back of my hand. Also, there is a pool in the hotel. I wasn't told that until two hours before I checked out. And why is that??

Now onto the rooms.
I booked two rooms. They were on different floors, nothing close to each other. The third floor room that was assigned to me was musty smelling. There was also a condom wrapper left under the cushion for the window seat. In the fourth floor bedroom that was assign to me, the smell in that room was definitely something bad. even after opening the window it wouldn't go away. I didn't find a condom wrapper in this room but I did find a tub that still had hair left in it. And the bathroom floor was not swept or mopped. Thankfully with being management I know everything and everywhere to check.

The breakfast.
The eggs were horrible. The sausage had a weird taste to them. And when asked what time the breakfast is over at, I was told something that no guest should ever here. I was told that breakfast ended at 10am. But the hotel removes the food at 930am because they don't like to deal with the breakfast or people in the lobby for to long.

I would have to say that when I return to visit my husband, Microtel in Minot will not be where I stop. I picked this hotel from the rating. I would recommend to ignore the rating for this hotel because it is definitely WRONG! This hotel actually made me feel bad that it was a wyndham property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank wife07momma0809
Reggie F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minot, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
The team at the Microtel Inn & Suites would like to apologize that we did not meet a fellow Wyndham employee expectations. I believe as you shared that the majority of our customers have found our establishment to meet and often exceed the expectations of our guests. I know during your stay your service dog unfortuntely was extremely upset when left in the room alone which when I shared with you that he was scratching and barking consistently that you were gracious enough to address it as to not disturb other guests located near your room. As well I apologize that we did not better inform you of our amenities upon check in but feel confident that the postings located on all floors along with our lobby would have provided you the information regarding both the location of our pool and the hours of our breakfast which are prominently posted in our breakfast area which also clearly state that our breakfast during the week is only served until 9:30 a.m.. We do pride ourselves in our customer service but am sorry we fell short and hope that you'll extend to us the token of understanding since you yourself work at a fellow Wyndham hotel. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

It would appear that this property recently opened. It is in a great location, close to restaurants and shopping (within walking distance). Non-smoking hotel. Staff was friendly and courteous, whether it was at registration or passing through the lobby. We had a double queen room, which was clean, spacious and met our needs perfectly! The complimentary hot breakfast met our needs perfectly. However, the eating area is small - but it works! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Minot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Reggie F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minot, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We aprpeciate our friends in Canada when they share their experiences while staying with the Microtel. I'm glad that you felt we met your needs for accommodation, breakfast and location. We work diligently in making sure guests are welcomed warmly and that we take good care of their needs while there with us. We appreciate your comments and hope we will have the opportunity of having with us again sometime in the future. Thank you!
Moose Jaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

The room was very clean and the pool was nice. Having stayed here before we knew what it was like and like next time we go to Minot we will be staying there again.Great room, Great price

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reggie F, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Minot, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your past, present and looking forward to your future stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments you shared with our TripAdvisor friends and family. The team looks forward to having you with us again and if I may ever be of assistance please let me know. Thank you!!!
Wareham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

This seems to fall into a range of motel chains where you pay a higher rate for a nice room which is really no better than the average Super 8 or Day's Inn, but the décor is that bit classier! Our room (costing about $103 for the night), although clean, wasn't particularly spacious and had no room for a suitcase, plus only one chair. On top of that, the water was just lukewarm. Breakfast, however, was very good, with plenty of choice. Possibly the demand for accommodation in this part of North Dakota means that motels don't have to try as hard now to please their customers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and comments with our TripAdvisor family. We consider ourselves comparable to hotels in the market and am sorry you thought we were over priced as we spend time in making sure we are competitive to similar properties. I can only assume that you were in one of our 1 queen accommodations lending the name Micro to the name Microtel. Our breakfast is a nice treat when paying for hotel accommodations and we are happy you enjoyed the choices we offer. We would love to see you again with us should your travels ever bring you to this part of the country. Thank you again for your comments.