“Good, and we didn't have a steak”
Review of Montana Mike's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Montana Mike's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good, and we didn't have a steak”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Even though it's billed as a steakhouse, the menu has other quite viable options. We had the catfish and a grilled chicken sandwich and enjoyed both. Our waitress was everything a server ought to be. Prices were roughly what you'd expect. We'd be happy to eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
Dave M, Public Relations Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your business and positive feedback.

Miami, Florida
“Great steakhouse!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed our meal very much. I especially loved the rolls...delicious! My steak (filet mignon) was just as I ordered it. It was very tasty too! The service was excellent!

Visited July 2013
Thanks for your positive feedback. We appreciate your business!
Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Heard mixed reviews about this place; and we don't like judging without experiencing, so thought we'd give them a try on a Saturday family outing...boy, do we wish we hadn't. Our waiter was a bit odd; giving weird looks but was attentive enough. The food however...I ordered the 6 oz sirloin which was chewy, no flavor and just overall didn't taste good. I ate 3 bites and moved to the mashed potatoes...seemed to be instant with hardly cooked bacon thrown on top. Needless to say, I didn't eat. My husband had the sirloin as well, which he also stated had no flavor and seemed very bland and chewy...but he ate it, just wasn't impressed. The salads weren't all that good either...wilted lettuce and a little bitter. My 4 yr. old who loves salad ate 2 bites of mine and said "yucky mommy, I don't want anymore". We caved and ordered the kids mac & cheese, despite our best persuasions, and for $6 they got 1 small scoop of dry mac and cheese and 2/3's of a plate of FF. We weren't offered any other options for them such as fruit or veggies, and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the option on the menu. They did remove the charge for my meal as our waiter saw I wasn't eating...then I was told to order some kind of ancho-sauce on my steak to make it taste better and it tenderizes it as well...uhm, I don't want that extra sauce...a good steak should be a good steak. I even tried dousing it with A-1..and still couldn't do it. All in all, I would say our hour and a half trip to have a family dinner was a fail. Seems to be a spin off of Texas Roadhouse, but severely lacking in the quality. (Not that Tex Roadhouse is grand, but it's miles better than what we experienced). Guess our experience explains why there was NO wait at 6pm on a Saturday night in Minot.

• Visited July 2013
We are sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with the quality of your meal at Montana Mike's. While we pride ourselves on providing great tasting meals at affordable prices, there are times when we fall short of expectations. Fresh tasting food made with the highest quality ingredients is our objective with every serving. We hope you will give us another chance to prove this to you. If, for any reason, you are not completely happy with the taste of your food please bring it to the attention of your wait staff and it will be corrected immediately. We never want to serve a poor quality product to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Minot, North Dakota
“Plate Shortage for the evening was the special.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Was a very nice evening plus the waitress added the extra spark with her wit and charm to make it full of fun and added to the table talk.
The staff always makes the decision factor on stopping again, the staff we encountered will make us stop again.
Management needs to have their game plan on the rest of the business decisions as how do we not run out of plates especially when it WAS NOT busy as was stated by our waitress.
I expect it was a little hiccup for that particular night so I hold no reason not to enjoy their food and kind staff again.
Try it out I feel confident you will enjoy it as we did.

1 Thank WingRider2011
Dave M, Public Relations Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for your comments. Please rest assured that we value your comments and will work hard to provide outstanding food and excellent service.
Bemidji
“A Good End to a Long Day!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice atmosphere, friendly wait staff, and the food was pretty tasty! It had been a long day on the road and this was a nice way to end it. Nothing like a good cold draft beer and a cheeseburger (with bacon)!

• Visited June 2013
Dave M, Public Relations Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We are very happy that you enjoyed your meal and cold beer with us. Thanks for coming into Montana Mike's and we hope you will stop by again soon.