“So close, just not quite there” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Astoria Hotel & Suites Minot

Astoria Hotel & Suites Minot
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Brainerd, Minnesota
“So close, just not quite there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for business four times now, and it is a very nice, new, clean hotel. The staff has been friendly every time. The rooms are nice and good size, beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are nice and big, there is no having to "squeeze" into the bathroom. However, as great as these things are, the hotel has missed perfection on each and every trip.

These are going to sound like nit-picking, but each time it has kept me from coming on here and give a glowing report. The issues are minor, but still stick out and are as follows: shower door wouldn't close completely and couldn't get it to stay, there was water all over the floor, and I don't take long showers, another time I went to get a tissue (I do like that there is a separate box on the bathroom vanity top), but a previous user had apparently got too much water on the counter top and every tissue was soaked, bathroom garbage wasn't emptied from previous user and twice now, one of the soap dispensers was out of product and wasn't refilled. Yes I could take my own in, but I don't mind their product and I don't want to get out of the shower at that point.

Room Tip: Rooms face either North or South. North rooms face the city, but neither side really stands out for...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Larch15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Moose Jaw, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had a great weekend getaway here. Very spacious king suite. Very clean. Well laid out with practical and minimal amounts of furniture. Was nice to see a quite PTAC in a room. Large bathroom with a shower(was nice to see instead of the usual bath) was big enough for both of us to complete our bathroom routines at the same time without fighting over counter space or mirror space. In room safe was a nice touch. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I recently had a wonderful stay at the Four Points by Sheraton. Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome and the hotel features were explained to us. Our room was comfortable, fresh and clean. Attention to detail was appreciated. All the staff were pleasant and courteous. On our 1st evening as an option we took advantage of ordering supper in from Ruby Tuesdays which we enjoyed. We also had a meal from the bar in the hotel which was great. During our stay we had the complimentary breakfast 2 mornings and ordered off the menu another. We had planned a 2 night stay but felt so welcomed and relaxed we stayed a 3rd night. We did not use the pool, hot tub or fitness facility on this visit but fully intend to do so when we return for another stay in the near future.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor on the north side. We were not aware of any road noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim O
Carberry, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

It was indeed a pleasure to stay at the new Four Points By Sheraton in Minot! We were greeted on arrival with a gracious smile from Amy and full "instructions" on the property. "Mr David" was pleased to explain all the options that are being offered for dining and certainly the breakfast should please even the pickiest! The fact that there is a little "wind down" lounge was an added plus; a great spot for a nightcap. You could even use the wifi to stay in touch with work. Travel is my profession so a place that feels like "home away from home" gets 5*! A quiet, clean and comfortable hotel that is certain to get several visits...and our coach will be staying in Oct! Thank you

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here recently for a weekend of shopping and visiting. It's one of the new hotels in Minot after the flood. We tried it on a lark and were pretty happy with it. The people were friendly and the rooms were new. The pillows were really big and wouldn't fit it in my suitcase (just kidding). For dinner, we ordered delivery from Ruby Tuesdays and they put it on plates and gave us 'real' knives and forks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in April 2014 for 4 nights and the rooms were great, everything seemed to be pretty new. The beds were great. They had a free continental breakfast every morning and the manager would personally stop by and ask if you needed anything. They even offered a bottle of water in the room everyday, which was great because not a lot of hotels do that. Very close to nice restaurants and bars and the mall. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank justborn_5
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here a couple days ago and will not be back anytime soon.
When I arrived I was anything but greeted with kindness or any sort of recognition at all the staff that was working that night gave me the cold shoulder right as I arrived. I instantly knew that my stay wasn't going to be what I expected. The girl that was at the front desk around 6pm with glasses (I think her name was Amanda)seemed like she didn't want anything to do with me at all. Like she just wanted to get me checked in an get it over with (as I said cold shoulder) I was very taken back from the way I was greeted and it also didn't help that she had another front desk agent right behind her watching her not saying anything to me or her at all. At this point I just wanted to get to my room. After checking in I noticed an authorization hold on my credit card for an absurd amount of money especially if it was for just incedentals like they told me it was for. (And still am waiting for them to go back on my credit card) and from reading the reviews it seems like this happens quite often.. when I got to my room they gave me a double queen instead of a king like asked when I made the reservation. The heater would blow cold air into the room from the outside... The hotel looks like it is still is under going renovations (when I know it has been here for over a year) because the room numbers were on the ground and I walked past a door that was off the hinges and looked like it was about to fall off. My over all experience was very distasteful and would not stay again knowing that the customer service and overall experience of the hotel was most definitely not starwood standards to me at all. This is not what I expected from a Sheraton hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank kim k

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels