“You get what you pay for”
Review of Magic City Motel

Magic City Motel
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff seemed new but they tried to make my stay comfortable. I can see why people have given it bad reviews but I can say it appears to be because of the guest and how they behave. I didnt expect that they would turn people away based off apperances so if seedy people were around the staff tried there best to keep them under control.. I also didnt expect it to be a quiet family hotel since it is in the same parking lot as a sports bar and casino.

It was coveniant when I did go out for drinks since I wasnt drinking and driving and I liked that there is a kmart in back of it, a grocery store across the street and a great chinese buffet restaraunt also in the same parking lot.

Over all it is a great at getting what I paid for. I wasnt looking to pay $100 a night in a lavish hotel. I was looking to just stay for a while and not have empty pockets.

Room Tip: Check your room as soon as you check in because they are remodeling so if there is something unsatis...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel smells so bad they never clean the towel or the bed sheet, only drug people stay in this hotel, I stay in this hotel the room very dirty. Don't ever stay in this hotel ever! dangerous hotel everybody can go to you room to steal your stuff !! one time somebody knock my door they want to go to in side the room. I was so shock!

Room Tip: better sleep in your car then in this hotel.!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ted a
Reviewed June 5, 2013

with pays $69/night what i got: 1. i try too move almost 5 room and all room really smell smoke or dope/smell puke/ smell urine/smell poop
2/ all tv have all always trouble. check refrigerator u will be surprised hows smell or dirty, phone always have problem,ac & heater always trouble, toilet between broken or the flush dont worked or stuck ,the bath so filthy,all house keeping lady always to much smoking & play around,front desk not to much care.
3. all blanket really smell smoke,bottom my bed i found to much trash include condom in my bed,my towel i never use it cause really dirty,they don't have new towell all towel so filthy dirty.,
4. to many people knocking door at night between drunk people or try to sell drug. be careful with this hotel dont put ur expensive stuff in your room,they can open your room.
5.people said this good hotel...i thinks they really blind and drunk...
6. to many thinks in room broken,really do u wanna spent money in this hotel???
7.Police coming to many time cause to many people sell drug there dont ever bring your kids there.
8.for how longs i saw there and stay there i see to many people coming like homesless,so why the room really filthy dirty,special carpet
9. now u will easy see all kind bed bug and and bug coming to your room and your food..have fun for that...have funnnn

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank anthony l
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I believe there is something fishy going on if anyone actually had been to this motel the idea that it is acceptable to anyone is a complete joke. Please ask to see the rooms before you book. I was astonished to find out what type a place this is. The bathroom door was some sort of plastic sheet that didn't offer much in the way of privacy. Luckily I was alone.

Room Tip: haggle until you get hostel like rates. That is what you are really paying for.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank doug k
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went to Minot again and decided to visit the same place.
Surprise: the Hotel is getting better and better.
The bar in front also has been "cleaned". No more smoking inside ! Good choice.
Between the Hotel and the bar I had fun, without risking my driving licence

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hugo33045
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Made reservations way in advance to have three rooms (one of them a pet room) during fair time. We all showed up for the Kid Rock concert to find that the hotels computer had gone down and they had lost all the reservations. I was expecting nothing but problems however the manager stiepped up and honored our reservations, took care of the whole situation and gave us three very nice rooms. Couldn't have been happier with how all turned out. In all, it's not the Hilton but the price was good and the staff couldn't be more helpful. I'll stay there again any time I'm in Minot.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2013

yes the rooms area good price, they are next to a bar and still being worked on. I had no problem staying there for a week with my wife. I actually made money staying there helping people get there cars running, if they were not drunk and made $300

Room Tip: just ask for what you need in a room and they will try and help
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends