“Too expensive”
Review of Sleep Inn Minot

Sleep Inn Minot
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We were in North Dakota for a funeral and were told it would be difficult to get a motel so we opted for the first one with a vacancy, despite the high cost. A relative from Fargo stayed in a competing hotel in Minot and paid only $70 for the same amenities for which we paid $135 with an AARP discount. We stayed for two nights and our bed was not made nor did we receive clean towels. That was a first ever! Hope someone can use the cell phone charger I inadvertently left in the room we vacated! On the positive side, the staff was very nice, the breakfast was good, and I'm sure the water slide is a big hit with families vacationing.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 28, 2010

Was first surprised there were no bath tubs, not that I care,but if I had small children I would be alittle upset. This is not advertised by them at all.
Secondly, I would appreciate a glass coffee mug. The paper ones do not cut it.For the price of the room I would think this could be arranged.
Also the lightning in the room is quite dull.
Wasn't impressed with the free breakfast.
Finally, I would think a hotel chain of this size could at least have a decent pizza place, we had a pasta dish and a hamburger pizza delivered to our room and it was the worst pizza I ever had (frozen would have been better).

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Pros:
-great service; nice, friendly staff
-new hotel; large, clean rooms
-fridge & microwave
-good location; attached to a mall
-kids thoroughly enjoyed the waterpark
-we had a great sleep; nice beds, quiet hotel
-nice, large tv's
-yummy free breakfast; the hot breakfast is plated for you, but the breads & cereals you can help yourself to

Cons:
-kind of expensive, but I guess hotels are apparently hard to come by in Minot; we just drove in and asked for a room at the desk and were lucky enough to get the last room. I guess if you factor in the waterpark & free hot breakfast, the price isn't too bad
-had to pay $5 extra for a crib, and it was not terribly new
-considering the hotel was completely full, the only thing we noticed was no towels at the pool (they were able to find us an extra blanket for the crib when we asked)
-no bathtubs; only showers in the rooms
-my biggest complaint is the computers; they were so slow they were basically unusable

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed at the Sleep Inn for 4 nights and it was very nice. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hotel was packed as I was told it has been like this all summer. Everyone we talked to was very nice and the cleaning staff even dropped off the bill which saved me from having to walk to the front desk. The lady at the front desk was very nice and even kept a paper for us to pickup when we returned from the mall. The only complaints we have are that there was no tub which I didn't mind but my fiancee missed and the wireless internet started acting up towards the end of my stay. Other than that everything was very good and the waterpark was a lot of fun for even an adult. Having the mall attached was very nice as we didn't have to go outside during the heat wave that was on. Highly recommended and would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel before and have had no problem with coming back to stay at it again. My only reluctance is with the price, but you do get a hot breakfast and waterpark passes with the room rate, so if you don't have to pay full price and can get some sort of discount, it is well worth it.

Rooms are modern, clean and a good size. The rest of the hotel is well taken care of also. The waterpark is great, the kids always love it. It includes an arcade, 3 waterslides, a splash park, pool and large hot tub. Day passes are included with a night's stay, which is great, as you would pay up to $9.95 per person to use the waterpark if you weren't staying in the hotel.

Breakfast includes 3 hot items which change daily, when we were there it was sausage, eggs and pancakes. Also available was yogurt, toast, cereal, oatmeal and fruit.

We booked online and were happy to find a room for $130, however, when we recieved the express checkout printout under our door, we were charged $180. When mentioned to the front desk clerk, we recieved an apology and were told we were put in the wrong type of room, one that was more costly, but that he would still honor the rate. We realized later that in the end we were charged $150 plus fees/taxes for the room, not the $130 we were promised when we booked. That would be my only disapointment with the stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2010

While not cheap (our room was $130 a night), I think it was worth the price. We had been on the road 6 weeks (the last 3 weeks tent camping) and so were delighted to break our journey at this hotel. It's perfect for distance travelers and families with young children. Our room had a flat screen tv with all the channels, refrigerator, safe and all the usual amenities. Two queen beds and plenty of space. For the kids, a small water park is attached to the hotel and free to guests. It also included a hot breakfast which was decent. The hotel is attached to a shopping mall, you can enter the mall right from the hotel. That might not be a plus for everyone, but it was really helpful to us since we needed to stock up on some things. Also a cheap food court in the mall and a movie theatre came in handy with the kids. We liked it so much that we booked a second night before heading back to our tents.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BronxMom2
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This is my first trip advisor review! After reading reviews for over a year, its time to start giving back. We stayed at this hotel for one night. We were traveling with our four children, ages 5-15. Before starting on my review, please note I am fairly critical person and not easily impressed. I liked the room we were staying in - room 266. The size fit us well and having the couch for an extra bed was helpful. Towels though and sheets could both use an upgrade. Both were rough and obviously well-used. The swimming area itself - awesome! The pools and hot tub were loved by all. Here again though - there was no towels to use. There were signs posted everywhere to NOT bring the towels from the room but instead to use the ones by the pool. However, when we arrived, there were no towels. My husband went and requested new towels to be replenished and was told 'not to worry' this would happen. However, after two hours of swimming, still no towels and my young daughter returned to our room crying and cold. The included breakfast in the morning - beautiful. I would not change a thing. So for families, yes I would recommend this hotel but not for couples. Unless, waterparks are a hit no matter what!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family