“Great Experience”
Review of Sleep Inn Minot

Sleep Inn Minot
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Great place, friendly, helpful staff. We had a 2 queen suite with couch pull-out, Micro and fridge, large desk, large flat screen tv with internet keyboard. Downside wi-fi is only available for one. My son was not too excited about that. The bathroom only had a shower but it is extra spacious with a high showerhead and elongated shape. Very nice! The room was very clean and beds/pillows very comfortable. The pool is a full on water park with three large waterslides (one even travels outside the building) a toddler play area and regular pool FOR NO EXTRA FEE! The breakfast room is very large with real food, not just carbs. It is all cafeteria style but still quite good. The hotel is attached to the Dakota Sq Mall which is another plus, shopping, food, etc all under one roof. I'm totally impressed with the facility as a whole.

Close by is a laundromat "Suds and Sun" that did all our laundry, folded, for under $10 This gave me time to play with the kids at the hotel an unexpected treat!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Daylight4449

Reviewed July 7, 2009

Stayed at this hotel one night in June 2009. Didn't know what to explect, but was pleasantly surprised. The room was very modern AND super clean. Not sure when this place was re-done but obviously our room was very new and was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in (I'm a nut about cleanliness!!). We had the best experience in this hotel. It was again super clean (like our room and the rest of the hotel) and we had fun sitting in the chairs provided, watching the kids in the water and on the slides. It's also wonderful that it's located in the mall--what a neat idea!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone....it's just wonderful :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2009

The morning we had to check out of our current hotel, I looked one last time to see if anything had opened up in Minot. Fortunately, someone had canceled a king suite at the Sleep Inn, and I grabbed it, even though it was RIDICULOUSLY expensive. There was nowhere else to stay.

Fortunately, the Sleep Inn turned out to be a decent place, considering the exorbitant rate. I'd read all the reviews about double booking so we were at the front desk at 4PM on the dot. The gentleman was courteous and checked us right in. We got to our room and discovered that we could hear pulsating music through the wall (the lounge? the waterpark?) and called downstairs to ask if there was any possibility of being moved. The same gentleman said it would be no problem. We got back downstairs to find a huge line of people. He waved us to the head of the line after he finished helping another guest. I thought that was impressive; not too many people would do that these days.

Our new room was quieter - although still directly across from the elevator. I was mentally prepared for a loud, loud night but have to report that even as a light sleeper, the noise level was never bothersome and it was certainly quiet during the overnight. We didn't brave the waterpark, as it was a Friday night and absolutely packed.

The shower is delightful - sort of funky and different. The room offered a comfortable bed, a huge desk/entertainment set up, and a lovely view of the mall parking lot. Being attached to the mall is a huge perk, and most of the standard fare restaurants are right there as well.

I highly recommend the Sleep Inn - I assume we had one of the "new" rooms, considering the cost of it for the night. Any other night, and with a little pre-planning, you can get a much lower rate than we did.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2009

So I was scared looking at reviews but was soooo happy we listened to all our friends who stayed here. So first off .. it's a family vacation hotel so on a weekend ... it's going to be noisy in the halls. We went for a family vacation and were so happy with the room, I am super critical, the room was a great .. nice size, super clean, had a fridge and microwave, just had a shower but it was nice and big to shower the kids in. I was beyond my expectations .. it was great! And the staff there were so nice and welcoming. The slides and pool were just right for the kids and we all had so much fun ... clean water, slides were so much fun (blue slide was not meant for us ... too fast and dark .. but the rest were great!). Breakfast ... was ok ... it's continental and warm so it's basic and what you'd expect anyways. Great location on the mall and great for the kids since has the waterslides ... we'd stay again but maybe try to get on the top floor so it'd be a little quieter at bedtime for the kids. But hey I'd stay again and it was an awesome mini vacation! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2009

The hotel is advertised as having one of the largest waterparks in ND. From what we could see it looked awsome but it would have been great if they would have let us know it would be closed for several weeks. I confirmed my reservation 4 days before the stay and no word on the pool. We stayed with our children ages 7, 10, and 12 and finally on Friday night they opened the kiddie pool after 7 and never did open the big pool or the waterslides. When you pay $130 per night in ND you expect a good stay. They did take 10% off the room rate and said I could call the manager. I called him and he lied to me saying the waterslides did open. My husband and other family sat by the kidded pool until almost midnight visiting and they never saw the slide open. BE SURE TO CHECK THE DAY OF IF THE POOL WILL BE OPEN OR IT IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY! Also there are no tubs in the rooms only showers. The hot breakfast was not great either. Kids were expecting wafflesand hot chocolate like at many hotels but none there. We were very unimpressed with the entire stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Misti B
Reviewed January 29, 2009

Great hotel located right inside the mall. Younger kids had a great time at the waterslide, while older ones had fun shopping. Staff very accomodating. Had a big storm the day before we arrived & were able to upgrade our room because of some cancellations. Received a very nice complimentary hot breakfast downstairs. Overall good experience!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 5, 2009

.I made reservations online for our week stay at the hotel.
Check in was at 4pm and we finally were able to check into our room at 7pm. They kept telling us 30 more minutes and it should be ready. It took them 3 hours to get our room ready for us. When we got to our room and went inside, You could hear everything happening in the rooms next to you..Not a quiet hotel..The other problem was there was no tub. This is not a good thing when you are traveling with children. My granddaughter is terrified of showers. She is three yrs. old and bathing her was very difficult. The bottoms of these showers are very slippery and have a very rounded bottom. Not the safest . We had reservations for a week in this hotel and housekeeping came to clean the room saying we were a check out and wanted to know why we were still in the room. I went to the front desk to find out what was going on only to find the lobby full of people wanting to know why their rooms were not ready( also..It was 4pm and this is when housekeeping finally got to our room.) It took about 10min for the front desk to find that there was an error in the computer and that we were in fact reservered for that room for 3 more nights. I had to go and get a copy of my confirmation for the reservation. I go to Minot frequently to visit family and this was the first time I have stayed here and will be the last.

Stayed: December 2008