“Family Fun Weekend! ”

Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Minot
Regina
“Family Fun Weekend! ”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My family (2 sons and husband) and I travelled to Minot for a family weekend/Black Friday trip.
The hotel was very nice. Very friendly staff.
Room was great (although a bit expensive-but that's expected during peak season). The microwave and fridge in the room is a huge bonus. We were able to store snacks and leftovers for later.
Everything in the room was very clean, and the wifi was fast.
The free breakfast was awesome, and they even provided a take out container to take back to the sleepy heads in our family.
Having the hotel joined to the mall was invaluable for a Black Friday Trip. I was able to go shopping, come back for a rest, then head back out with ease. No worrying about parking, driving in a strange city, etc.
My boys loved the water park. We stayed here one night last year and the pool was freezing, but this year it was perfect. The only bad thing about the water slide/pool seems to be the chlorine level. It was very strong. I have a scent allergy, and my younger son has sensitive skin, so after a few days in the pool area, we were both having a hard time. Next time I will be sure to bring allergy meds and skin cream so I don't have to drive to find them late at night.
The only other problem we had during our stay was the phones were out 3 out of 4 days. Apparently a boiler for the water slide blew up and leaked water to the level below, onto the phone lines. I was very impressed because I wanted to order some pizza for supper, and one of the girls at the front desk (I didn't catch her name) let me use her personal cell phone. It was nice because I didn't have to use my cell phone and get charged long distance charges.
Everything considered, I love this hotel. We will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Jen F
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

701-837-3100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Oroville, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

First time I've been in Minot in13 years. Amazing new hotels everywhere. This hotel is the only one physically connected to the main mall. Very convenient location and easy for buying stuff and finding snack food. That mall has the only Orange Julius I've seen in 30 years--wonderful! Hotel has own water park. The breakfast is a full one and has many offerings. Very clean and fantastic service. Always pretty full so reservations on weekends difficult.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on trip advisor about your recent stay at our hotel.

Crosby, North Dakota
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for airport transfer. The shuttle gave us a ride to the airport.After our vacation, i called to get a ride back to the hotel. I was told no transfer if you don't spend the night. They made us take a taxi to get back to the hotel to get our car. Very disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank skyluv2travel

701-837-3100

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn several times, and it tends to be a great hotel. It is Minot, so you pay too much for hotels as a rule, but they are on the more reasonable end (during the week, with a corporate rate). This time however, I was disappointed. I tried making our reservation over the phone, didn't happen, the person I spoke to...well...when I asked on Tues. to make a reservation for Thursday, he told me I would have to check in on Wednesday.??? What???? We just did it in person on Thursday, we rolled the dice and they did have a room. Now on to the bigger issue. There are sports tournaments going on and the hotel is full, obviously with kids, which isn't the issue, I have kids. What I do not have are kids that run up and down the halls of a hotel ( loudly may I ad) at 2:30 - 3:00 am!! I guess this isn't directed so much at the hotel, (although I do hope whoever was working the front desk heard it and said something), it is directed more towards the people who allow this behavior. I am all for fun...I understand kids are excited, it is a hotel and the excitement of the sport etc...BUT, some people who stay aren't there for that reason. We were there for my husbands work, and he had to be up early and it is very rude to allow that behavior and disturb everyone along that hallway. We have switched hotels, (due to the jump in cost for a Friday stay.) and hopefully can sleep tonight!! The hotel really tends to be very good and is usually our first "go to" hotel. We will be back, I am sure, just hopefully not during tournament time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SleepInn M, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Rockery,

I sincerely apologize for your disappointing stay. We took all measures we could including hiring a off duty Minot PD to help us keep the noise levels to a minimum over the weekend. On behalf of the staff and management team at the Sleep Inn & Suites we hope you will come stay with us again in the near future
regina
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have to laugh at some reviews saying it needs repairs, or its noisy. It is a hotel connected to the mall and the waterslides, you go for fun you don't go for the gold treatment. Yes it may need a few repairs but overall I would give it a 7 or 8. It is fairly clean and the amenities are great. Coffee available all day, the breakfast is hot and buffet style, way better than the stale muffin you get at some. And yes the waterslides may hurt the butt when you go down but I have never found one that doesn't.

Its kid friendly and that's all we needed, price was good and it was a nice time away.

Room Tip: Book Saturday to Monday, you darn near get the waterslides to yourself sunday night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Regina
Reviewed November 20, 2013

room was perfect, food was awesome, staff was so accommodating
only tiny problem was tv didn't work. Desk was called but they didn't come to fix it.
The lady in the kitchen was so nice and friendly. A true gem !

Room Tip: rooms off of pool were great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Morrilton, Arkansas
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We where there building the Home Depot & my husband left his iPad in the night stand when we checked out. Not realizing it until several hundred of miles down the road. I called the front desk & they said if anything was found housekeeping would have it & they'd be in at 8 the next morning. Ok sounds bad but unfortunately we live in a world where trust is hard to find. My husband just known it was gone & with that all the business he dose on it. I called back the next morning talked to the head housekeeper & sure enough they had it the person who cleaned our room turned it in. We were so thankful that an honest person had cleaned our room. Many thanks to you!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sweetnsouthern, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn Minot, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Its always nice to hear there are still Honest people in the world. We here at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Minot we pride ourselves on our great staff. :) I will pass on the compliment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.