WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Fresno, California
“Awesome Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Over the past couple of years I have stayed in the Select Inn a handful of times. Awhile ago there was a manager, who worked for the old owner, that was just awful and completely rude to guest. However, Betsy, the new manager has completely turned the place around. This hotel is now very customer friendly. The rooms and hotel in general are cleaner then I have ever seen them. Also, they have added a lot of new additions in the lobby such as a pool table, comfortable sofas, a computer and printer for guest, and etc. They have also upgraded the guests rooms to have large flat screen TV's. They have the best deal in town and sometimes they will even negotiate rooms depending on their occupancy. I highly recommend staying here when passing through if you are looking for somewhere affordable, comfortable, and welcoming!

1 Thank Molly L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Select Inn is hardly the description as herein mentioned by some of the negative reviews that appear in a couple of the review sites. From what I had heard, the manager that was last terminated is seeking revenge for his termination over his failure to provide professional managerial services. The place has undergone lots of aesthetic changes that appeal to most all guests and the stay is worth the price of admission. Their new breakfast room just gets better, the rooms and even the exterior is looking better. As for the staff most have a smile on their face and a friendly greeting.

I would give this Hotel a chance anytime. It is directly across from the Minot Airport and easy to get there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike H
Palestine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

In my recent stay at this hotel I was supprised at the changes that have been made! From the front lobby to the rooms. I have stayed at this hotel before and I will attest that the changes are very well recieved! I was also greeted by the owners of the hotel. They made me feel at home and were just as friendly as anyone could be. They asked me questions as to how they could make changes to make my stay better. So, if you are looking for a CLEAN AND AFFORDABLE stay, make this hotel your choice!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Minot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

beautiful hotel on the inside and out with friendly desk clerks and fully furnished hotel rooms. all at affordable prices. There is complimentary starbucks coffee in the morning. also, every room is equipped with 55 inch flat screen TV's and the lobby has Netflix and different game systems attached to the televisions.

Room Tip: any room is a good room
Saskatchewan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in for cleanliness. EVER ! Got into Minot at 2 am , needed a place to stay , chose this hotel because there was someone actually at the front desk after trying 4 other hotels in the area , where there was NO ONE at the front desk but front doors open. Dog dead tired we checked in, and went to bed. We were so tired after a very long day of driving. In the morning , up at 9am , went to front desk for a cup of coffee, and the front desk said they do not serve coffee after 9am !!???? She had already dumped it out! WHAT???? Then looked at room. Carpets were NOT EVEN VACUUMED. (See pics) Beds were made but, blood stained mattresses, candy, coins, paper, dust, french fries littered the floor. How can you miss this ? (see pics) As filthy as this place was , I wanted a shower. Mold encompassed the bathtub shower. GROSS ! ( see pics) Furniture was so bad, it was rotting. (see pics). TV did not work. I could go on , but just thinking about it makes me sick . Absolutely the worst hotel ever! Sign outside said "LIMITED TIME NICE ROOMS" , I guess we missed the limited time they had nice rooms. AVOID THIS PLACE at all costs. Sleep in your vehicle.

5 Thank yaahoos
select-inn-mgmt, Owner at Select Inn of Minot, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear guest,

I am sorry for your unpleasant experience during your recent stay at Select Inn and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

At the time you wrote your review, we were in the process of making significant changes at the hotel including replacing some of the hotel staff, who we believe were responsible for some of the shortcomings, including placing you at the room that was not properly attended.

On behalf of the owners, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel and want to let you know that we thoroughly addressing all the issues that you pointed out.

Tatyana Mironova, the owner

Travelers are raving about these Minot hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were told this hotel had semi truck parking. It didn't and for the first two days we had trouble, had to move the truck in the snow because the general manager wouldn't specify where the parking was when we asked him when we first got there. The day we left we got stuck trying to get out because there were cars parked in a no parking zone and the desk people said they don't take license plate numbers so they couldn't call anybody to move their cars. When I made a first complaint to the desk I was told that I was rude and mean. On my second complaint to the general manager I was told that I was mentally unstable. I had to call the corporate office in order to have anything done about my complaint. I was told by corporate to go ask the gm about compensation and after all that and I know they called to talk to him before this- he still acted as if nothing happened and asked me what the problem was...seemingly ignorant of all the complaints I'd made. The room was fine but the tv remote hardly worked...only the channel buttons. Went to the desk for a new one and the new one had the same problem. Microwave in the lobby was absolutely disgusting. It probably hadn't been cleaned in at least a few months if not longer. There were holes in the wall in the hallway and the floor looked like it wasn't vacuumed for awhile. Housekeepers were cleaning late at night, which is generally unheard of in 99% of the hotel industry (which I've formerly worked in). The internet site advertised free breakfast and coffee, which there was neither. They had starbucks coffee which was more expensive than if you would buy it at starbucks. And on top of all that they had piled up microwave dinners and snacks with outrageously priced tags using sticky notes on them....these were piles up at the corner of the front desk. So I guess I was supposed to pay $2 for a tostinos pizza for breakfast. I wasn't going to write a review because we did get compensated one free night for our five day stay, but when we had to leave and got stuck and they told us we would have to wait for other people to move their cars...that was it. My husband is a truck driver and we are on a schedule, so we should not be told to wait and cost us more money simply because of poor management and poor hotel policy. I'll never come back here and more than likely will avoid this brand in general as the corporate office told me I had to take whatever that awful hotel manager would give me for compensation. If anyone staying here ever needs to contact corporate, look it up online. I asked the desk for a phone number and all I got was a fake email address.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank shmid_buzz
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

When checking in at the front desk, employees off to the side were making a scene of one employee stealing. Thats not something you want to be hearing when you first walk in. out original reservation was for two nights and we quickly changed it to one when checking in. the hotel smelt very bad and garbage sat out in the hallway the whole time we were there. There were dead bugs squished on the walls, the room was so hot the bathroom looked like it was smoking and we turned the thermostat right off. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat. I am a very sound sleeper and I woke up constantly throughout the night. Definitely would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
select-inn-mgmt, Owner at Select Inn of Minot, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your review and for bringing your unpleasant experience with your stay to our attention.

Select Inn recently underwent an ownership change and the new owners are well aware of hotel’s shortcoming.

We are fully committed to make Select Inn a great affordable place to stay with a quality service and comfortable and clean rooms.

I am pleased to inform you that in January 2013 we changed our management and the majority of the staff. New hotel staff members are trained in customer service and wear hotel uniforms.

We purchased new fluffy pillows and new flat screen TVs for all the rooms; upgraded our cable with premium channels, and WI-FI to the highest speed.

We are in the process of designer remodel of the lobby and breakfast areas and are very much looking forward to give Select Inn a fresh new look.

In the mean time, we offereing a great coupon of $59.99 here on the Trip Advisor.

Please give us another chance and check us out again.

Tatyana Mironova, the owner